• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Mac version of CloneDVD

NemoNada

Greetings!

Awhile back I found a copy of CloneDVD that had been ported over to the Macintosh OS X world. The program seemed to work fine under Mac but there was no English translation, making it difficult to use the program.

Is there a Mac product out there? Or was it a hack someone had done? :confused:

CloneDVD is a great product :clap: and if you-all don't have a Mac version you really need one!

Greetings!

Awhile back I found a copy of CloneDVD that had been ported over to the Macintosh OS X world. The program seemed to work fine under Mac but there was no English translation, making it difficult to use the program.

Is there a Mac product out there? Or was it a hack someone had done? :confused:

CloneDVD is a great product :clap: and if you-all don't have a Mac version you really need one!

The CloneDVD OS-X version was only sold in Japan, that's why there is no English version. AFAIK CloneDVD for OS-X has been discontinued, because of unsatisfying sales. (IMHO it is hard to sell CloneDVD without AnyDVD)

Thanks for the help!

Makes sense what you all said...

:( darn, it's a great product and to do the same thing on the Mac right now you need 3 pieces of software!

3 pieces of software

hello,

i am a mac-beginner. what are these "3 pieces of software" on mac for replacing anydvd and clonedvd on windows?

cu
irvin65

hello,

i am a mac-beginner. what are these "3 pieces of software" on mac for replacing anydvd and clonedvd on windows?

cu
irvin65

The software you need for OS X is MacTheRipper (ripper), DVD2OneX (transcoder if you need to shrink to DVD-5), and something to burn with (usually toast, although DVD2OneX says it can burn files, and definitely can produce image files that Disc Utility can burn). All of the files needed can be found at MacUpdate.com.

It's a shame that CloneDVD was not produced in the English Language for OS X. It has features that other DVD software doesn't, and I'm sure if given the chance OS X users would pay for it (I know I would).

Even if the Developers would just post an English version of the language file used in the development environment CloneDVD was created in, the more initiated could use it to be able to have an English version. I have actually asked them about this and at that time they refused -citing that LiveDoor had the exclusive rights to the OS X version, and that they would not / could not cross their lines.

I think I heard LiveDoor was defunct... maybe that would change things?

I, for one, would also pay for an English .qm file for the application....

Good Luck

(IMHO it is hard to sell CloneDVD without AnyDVD)

Heh.... at last!!! Proof positive of what I've been saying all along.
(namely that CloneDVD rides the coat-tails of AnyDVD for it's meal ticket) :D :D

-W

Give up. Get vmware fusion and run anydvd and clone dvd. All the mac options are a disaster.

Back