• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD a Password Stealer???

Cap't Blood

Hi All;

I found this entry in my McAfee anti-virus log. It says anydvd.exe was trying to access my index.dat file. It logged AnyDVD as a password stealer.

The log entry:
"6/17/2007 7:11:56 PM Would be blocked by Access Protection rule (rule is currently not enforced) C:\Program Files\SlySoft\AnyDVD\AnyDVD.exe C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat Anti-virus Maximum Protection:protect cached files from password and email address stealers Action blocked : Read"

What's up with this? Anybody else seeing this?

-Cap't Blood

get rid of mcafee is all i can say.
i would rather have ZERO protection than that excuse for an antivirus software.
for antivirus,get yourself AVG or AVAST for FREE!!

Last edited:
Hi All;

I found this entry in my McAfee anti-virus log. It says anydvd.exe was trying to access my index.dat file. It logged AnyDVD as a password stealer.

The log entry:
"6/17/2007 7:11:56 PM Would be blocked by Access Protection rule (rule is currently not enforced) C:\Program Files\SlySoft\AnyDVD\AnyDVD.exe C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat Anti-virus Maximum Protection:protect cached files from password and email address stealers Action blocked : Read"

What's up with this? Anybody else seeing this?

-Cap't Blood

McAfee must either be very stupid (I program AnyDVD, and don't even know what that index.dat is used for), or some trojan has hijacked the AnyDVD process (yes, that happened before) and McAfee is (again) stupid and cannot detect the real trojan.
Look in your service manager for suspicious services from your Soundcard or Microsoft which are not running but set to startup type automatic.

get rid of mcafee is all i can say.

YES! :agree::agree::agree: I've had McAfee do some pretty dumb things to me. Just see my post about it identifying ProtectionID as a worm. As stated, get AVG or Avast. :agree:

Back