• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Clone CD won't recognize drives

CaptainNapalm

Well, I have been using Clone Cd for years,:clap: and Clone DVD & Any DVD for at least one year. I have had no :disagree: problems, at least since I trashed that SONY DVD burner, it made coasters outta just about every (DVD) disk I put in it. Worked ok with CDs.
Now I cannot get Clone CD to recognize my hard drives.
I have reinstalled Win XP sp2 several times, now on the third, and brand new, EIDE Seagate 250 GB hardrive. Clone DVD works fine, AnyDVD sure works fine, and Virtual Clone Drive works fine. However, I installed Nero-one of the latest-came with my Samsung SHS182M DVD burner, this drive is the best I have ever used, fast, quiet, DVDRAM-and it worked great now it won't recognize the drive that it is dedicated to.
I can use the built in burner program on Win Media player to rip CDs to my HD, then burn them to a disk (cda files) using Win Media player.
This all seemed to start after one of the kids downloaded some MySpace stuff-from the :mad: Myspace site, and it got some pesky but not lethal viruses. the Virus program caught them, but they kept attacking, (hiding somewhere) so I nuked it. now 3 times.
When I start Clone CD, it just says, in the log: searching for SCSI/ATAPI devices. and that is the end of it. Nero just won't work at all, even an older boxed copy.
the machine is a Intel 850/860 chipset P4 2.3 GH Northwood, 1.0 GB RAMBUS (now)250 GB Seagate w/ 16 MB cache and the above DVD Burner. I usually have a RAID-0 array with 4 320 GB WD Caviars. -not alot of HD bottleneck...
Any suggestions?
I installed the same programs (Slysoft) on my laptop & it works fine

As your problem doesn't relate to Clonecd, but a virus, I will move this thread to the third party application section where you may receive further help on how to remove this virus on your system properly.

This all seemed to start after one of the kids downloaded some MySpace stuff-from the :mad: Myspace site, and it got some pesky but not lethal viruses. the Virus program caught them, but they kept attacking, (hiding somewhere) so I nuked it. now 3 times.

the machine is a Intel 850/860 chipset P4 2.3 GH Northwood, 1.0 GB RAMBUS (now)250 GB Seagate w/ 16 MB cache and the above DVD Burner. I usually have a RAID-0 array with 4 320 GB WD Caviars. -not alot of HD bottleneck...
Any suggestions?

It doesn't matter what kind, or how many, HDD's you have.....your problem is the Virus. You need to get rid rid of it completely or do a clean install of your OS.

Clone CD won't recognize my CD-DVD drives

Thanks for the ideas on the virus removal.
However, I replaced the hard drives with a brand new Seagate 250GB EIDE drive. I run the latest TrendMicro PC-Cillin Internet Security program, and it has not discovered any intruders.

Due to the fact that hard drive is new, and I had no problems reinstalling Win XP Pro sp2 (factory Dell install CD) you don't even have to input the key code when used in this machine, so no glitches there. I realize that this is not a Clone CD problem, at least I don't see how it could be since it has always worked flawlessly.
However, I can't be the only person having this problem, especially if a virus is involved.

Could there be a BIOS related worm, trojan, virus; I group them all into the intruder category. I have never run across anything like this, and I work on and repair some seriously infected computers. I have only had to replace 3 motherboards, all on Compaqs, and they all had some solder deterioration.
Any further ideas are appreciated. I will check out the BIOS, re-flash it or something & see what happens. :policeman: And yes, I own the original disk that I am duplicating, I back all my CDs up on an external hard drive, accessing with Virtual Clone Drive for use, rather than actually duplicating a disk....except for music for the car..
By the way, I have by far the best luck for durability and consistent recording with the Memorex black scratch resistant CDs. the aluminum in regular disks seems to get "moth eaten" after a short time in the vehicle environment. High humidity has so meting to do with that.

If you have a clean install and are absolutely positive that you have no infections......Are your drives connected properly? Are you sure the drives are good? Are you cables good and are they connected properly.
Is the copy of XP Pro a retail version or is it a Dell Restore disc?

Last edited:
Clone CD won't recognize :-(

I did replace the cables, all of them, with new cables, 80 wire (as usual) but I tested the old cables in my other computer & they worked anyway.
The DVD & CD drives do operate flawlessly when using Clone DVD2 Windows Media player built in burner, etc. Clone CD & NERO just does not recognize either the Samsung TSST corp CD/DVDW SH-S182M or the Hitachi HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8400. (HOWEVER_THE NERO TOOL reconizes everything, Clone CD the hardware, everything, but NERO won't even start-used it for 6 months, it quit same time Clone CD quit)
The original hard drives were pulled, and I installed -set on Master w/o slave-a brand new Seagate ST3250623A 250 GB EIDE 16MB cache. (fast hd, btw)
The Samsung is set on Master w/ slave the Hitachi is set to slave.
The operating system is a FULL install DELL Win XP Pro sp1 & I have the sp2 update, and all other recent updates, on CD for immediate install after XP is installed. I do not install Windows with the internet on-made that mistake once-and virus protection is Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet security-also installed before internet is connected. I ran the suggested Trend Micro online scan with nothing found. just that I needed to install Java. Guess I hadn't gotten around to that yet.
I am gonna flash the BIOS on the INTEL mother board Monday, using the factory DELL latest BIOS.
Thanks, if I figure it out, I'll let ya'll know. If not, I do appreciate any and all input

The operating system is a FULL install DELL Win XP Pro sp1 & I have the sp2 update, and all other recent updates, on CD for immediate install after XP is installed.

Perhaps you have an infection on the CD that you have your updates stored on?

Back