• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cyberlink PowerDVD Ultra version 2911

roog

Just to give everyone a heads up, I have discovered what might be a problem with PowerDVD Ultra version 2911.

After backing up the HD DVD movie 'Breach', I tried playing it but PowerDVD would crash, without any error messages, every time it began to play the main feature.

I tried another new HD DVD movie and it played ok.

Next I tried playing the rip of 'Breach' on another computer and it played without problems, so then I uninstalled and reinstalled PowerDVD Ultra on the problem computer and then the problem went away.

Of course it could be a problem with my computer, but because I was able to fix it so easily, I'm speculating that there may be a problem with PowerDVD Ultra that's causing the installation to get corrupted.

Of course, since it hasn't happened on any of my other computers, I can't be sure.

If anyone else has any experience with this kind of PowerDVD problem I'd like to know.

Last edited:
Next I tried playing the rip of 'Breach' on another computer and it played without problems, so then I uninstalled and reinstalled PowerDVD Ultra on the problem computer and then the problem went away.

My experience: if you don't uninstall a previous version and also remove all remaining entries in the registry, you will end up with a partial update,
I had a version 7.3 here, claiming to be 7.3 on the splash screen and 7.2 on the info window.
Completely erased the thing and reinstalled from scratch - then it was a full 7.3.

Have to agree with Peer, always completely uninstall and remove all folders etc before installing a newer version

I had the same problem as roog and I played around with my audio settings and it fixed it. I enabled DTS sound under control panel sound and disabled 96 kbs.

I verified, under about, that the version is 7.3 not 7.2.

I'm using PowerDVD Ultra 2911 standalone, not 2905b/2905n/2911, and not as much Cyberlink garbage seems to hang around when you uninstall it.

I also run the 'Windows Install Clean Up' tool afterwards and remove PowerDVD from the list.

Last edited:
I also have this problem with PowerDVD Ultra v7.3 and several movies.
Christmas Vacation
Lethal Weapon
The Hulk (plays green in window but works perfectly full frame)

It happens on 2 of my computers with XP and v7.3 2911 but v7.2 doesn't have this problem.

I tried a reinstall, but it didn't work.
I have gone back to 7.1 (couldn't find 7.2) and that seems to play everything OK.

I tried a reinstall, but it didn't work.
I have gone back to 7.1 (couldn't find 7.2) and that seems to play everything OK.

To do so, it looks like you'll either have to delete the registry entries or perform a clean windows install.

I prefer the latter.

If you do a clean install make sure you only install the full PowerDVD Ultra 2911 version.

I also have this problem with PowerDVD Ultra v7.3 and several movies.
Christmas Vacation
Lethal Weapon
The Hulk (plays green in window but works perfectly full frame)

It happens on 2 of my computers with XP and v7.3 2911 but v7.2 doesn't have this problem.

I'm assuming these are hd-dvd's rather than blu-ray as 7.1 is for HD-dvd and 7.2 for blu-ray only

Results from installing the new PowerDVD Ultra 2911 full file

Ok, under Vista 32, I uninstalled my previous PowerDVD Ultra 2911 full version and installed the new file successfully and here are my results:

Note: I did this on a PC that's never had any version less than the previous 2911 full file installed. I compared the two files and the new one is 7 bytes larger than the old one. Otherwise, I would have assumed that they were both the same and may not have gone to all this trouble.

Anyway, I unstalled the previous version, then I tried performing the file and folder deletes that are in the Cyberlink instructions. Apparently, these are crap left around by previous versions because I was unable to find them.

After that, I ran the Windows Install Clean Up tool but, to my surprise, I didn't find an entry for PowerDVD as I have previously found.

Next, I restarted and began the install. This is where the second weird thing happened. It took five minutes for the InstallShield Wizard to be displayed. I am reasonably sure that this is not an anomally because I have since repeated it on another computer. This did not happen with the previous file so I suspect that some additional cleanup is being performed.

I almost gave up because it took so long, but I could still see disc activity so I waited. After the wizard was finally displayed, the installation went normally.

After installation, I have tried playing several movies, both HD DVD and Blu-ray, with no problems so far.

I'm assuming these are hd-dvd's rather than blu-ray as 7.1 is for HD-dvd and 7.2 for blu-ray only

I have a version that says 7.3 on the splash screen and 7.2 on the "about" screen. But plays all HD-DVDs perfectly (and at 10% less CPU than 7.3 2911)

Then there is v7.1 that plays everything perfectly but starts them with subtitles turned on

Found another HD that crashes PowerDVD v7.3 2911
The Lake House

No pauses on installing the latest PowerDVD v7.3 but it still crashes on the problem movies but I have found a fix
Open PowerDVD, play a second of "Superman Returns", then the problem movie loads and plays OK.
Have just found my original v7.2/7.3 install file and reverted all PCs back to that as it uses considerably less CPU than all other versions and plays all my HD-DVDs.

Last edited:
Please do not post links to any software on this forum. :policeman:

Username and passwords, serial keys, etc., that you don't have the legal right to post will definitely not be allowed. :policeman:

Slysoft does not tolerate illegal postings of its keys, so expect equal respect given to other companies' software here.

from http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?p=35009#post35009
"Posting of Cracks or illegal serial numbers for any program or application in this forum will not be tolerated, Slysoft reserves the right to ban you from posting on this forum for the first infraction."

:policeman:

We're not going to ban anyone this time, but we shouldn't be getting PMs from Cyberlink complaining to us.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter.

I know some of you just want to help out, but that username/password that was posted is obviously intended for paid, registered users only. Otherwise, moderators wouldn't be getting (complaints) PMed by a Cyberlink rep.

Last edited:
Username and passwords, serial keys, etc., that you don't have the legal right to post will definitely not be allowed. :policeman:

Slysoft does not tolerate illegal postings of its keys, so expect equal respect given to other companies' software here.

from http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?p=35009#post35009
"Posting of Cracks or illegal serial numbers for any program or application in this forum will not be tolerated, Slysoft reserves the right to ban you from posting on this forum for the first infraction."

:policeman:

We're not going to ban anyone this time, but we shouldn't be getting PMs from Cyberlink complaining to us.

Sorry, won't do it again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back