• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can't Backup Miami Vice

hatnlvr

I have the Miami Vice Season discs but whenever I try to back them up it get's through approx 50% then gives an error when trying to read a .VOB file. I know it's not the disc because I've tried both sides A and B and a different disc and they all do the same exact thing. Here is the disc scan output. Any help?

Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD 6.1.6.2)
HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GSA-H31N B109 06/12/21
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2044736 sectors (3993 MBytes)
Total size: 4079542 sectors (7967 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: MIAMI_VICE
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

I have the Miami Vice Season discs but whenever I try to back them up it get's through approx 50% then gives an error when trying to read a .VOB file.

Using what method? Anydvd ripper? Clonedvd 2.9.0.9?

I know it's not the disc because I've tried both sides A and B and a different disc and they all do the same exact thing.

1. I know James doesn't like me suggesting this all the time, but please send the .ifos to Slysoft: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=330
(I like to be better safe than sorry). Maybe James will come in here and tell me to stop :D
And he would probably have good reason to in this case because this movie was released May 1st, and lots of people have had no issues with Anydvd on this title since then. So, it seems more likely the problem is with your original discs (or your reader might be slowly dying).

50% should be around the layer break position area.

2. Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. Select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". Let us know what the results are.

3. It's still possible (and very likely) you've come across two bad original discs. Quality control issues are becoming more common. But the issue could be with your reader. Try another optical drive.

Last edited:
Using the Nero CD-DVD Speed it's appears that the entire end of the DVD is bad (the entire last sectors are red) and the results are 21.5% bad.

Do you still want me to email you the .ifo files?

Do you still want me to email you the .ifo files?

Yes please, just to be safe (unless James visits this thread and tells you not to, I would just to be safe).

Chances are the problem is with the original disc you're using, but you might as well send the .ifos if you can. So please send them.

You don't have Nero's Incd, Directcd, DragtoDisc, or DLA on your system, right? You don't have any packet writing software on your system, correct? Do steps 3 and 4 from here please: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=1559

Last edited:
Back