• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question for Webslinger

ZO1

Hi Webslinger!

I have read many post form you regarding using CloneCD for backing up DL disks. I plan on backing up Lord of the Rings (all three) to Verbatim DVD+R DL (singapore type). Do I need to go into settings with CloneCD (i.e. buffer, underrun) and adjust anything, or is the default fine.

Any input would help. Thanks a bunch! :)

). Do I need to go into settings with CloneCD (i.e. buffer, underrun) and adjust anything, or is the default fine.

The default setting should be fine. Provided the blank media is MKM001 (when you check for media codes), then I'd use a 4x burn speed, provided your burner supports it.

click this

The default setting should be fine. Provided the blank media is MKM001 (when you check for media codes), then I'd use a 4x burn speed, provided your burner supports it.

click this

Blank media is MKM001. Max burn speed is 6X on my burner. I'll burn at 4X
I think I just need to verify the "booktype of the +R DL media to "dvd-rom" according to your link.

Thanks for the help. I appreciate it.

Hi Guys. While trying to change my bit setting, I have a dilema. Its greyed out. I am using a Sony dw-q28a(rebadged Lite-On 1693s-I think) firmware version KFS1. I have attached a picture so you can see.

Perhaps my drive doesnt support bit setting? Any help is appreciated. BTW, I did backup of Lord of the Rings (two towers) and it seems to be fine. I just want to get the bit setting set up correctly. Thanks again:)

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 8
This is why I would like to see bitsetting support added to Clonecd.
It already is, but for NEC drives (and NEC OEM drives) only.

EDIT: And only for DVD+R DL media (which will automatically be set to DVD-ROM)
Same is true for CloneDVD, too.

Is there a plan to add support for other drives..... *cough* Plextor *cough*?

It doesn't appear to support bitsetting for +R DL media with that firmware. This thread might interest you:
http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/515552

Do you have a recommendation on what firmware version I should try. This is what is offered. My firmware version KFS1. Thanks Folks!

"SONY DVD RW DW-Q28A - KYS3, KYS4 / KYR6
(Known Firmwares: KYS1/KYS2/KYS3, KAS7)
Use LtnRPC to reset or disable the Region Counter. Click Disable and your drive will be region free!
OEM Liteon SOHW-1693S
RPC-2"

Last edited:
Is there a plan to add support for other drives..... *cough* Plextor *cough*?

Not really, 'cause Plextor drives can easily be set to permanently use DVD-ROM instead of DVD-R DL using PlexTools, can't they?

I just checked: This includes the newer SONY/NEC OptiArc drives, too.

Not really, 'cause Plextor drives can easily be set to permanently use DVD-ROM instead of DVD-R DL using PlexTools, can't they?

For some reason mine seems to reset itself. It is just an extra step to startup Plextools and change the bitsetting, and then run CloneCD. BTW great program.:clap:

For some reason mine seems to reset itself. It is just an extra step to startup Plextools and change the bitsetting, and then run CloneCD. BTW great program.:clap:

Strange... maybe Webslinger knows more about this "self resetting" Plextor problem.

@Webslinger: Is this a "real" Plextor drive, or a rebadge?
EDIT: Plextor PX-755A, that is

@Webslinger: Is this a "real" Plextor drive, or a rebadge?
EDIT: Plextor PX-755A, that is

The PX-755A and PX-760A are real Plextor drives using Sanyo chipsets--and quite possibly the last real Plextor dvd burners we will ever see.

Last edited:
Do you have a recommendation on what firmware version I should try.

Honestly, I don't, sorry. I don't own this burner. It's possible you may need to crossflash to a Lite-on firmware, but that will void your burner's warranty.

Last edited:
For some reason mine seems to reset itself.

That's pretty weird. The only thing I can recommend is to ensure both your firmware and version of pxtools are up to date. Under the "Advanced" tab in Plextools, ensure "Change Booktype for dvd+R DL" is checked.

It's nice to see some development for bitsetting support. Thank you. I hope that development continues.

Back