• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

need help with ripped blu-ray

DILA

1 Need help before I waste anymore BD-R's. I ripped 2 discs from planet earth and the worlds fastest indian to the harddrive, using 6.1.6. Used Nero 7.9.6 to burn BDMV folder on BD-RE using udf 2.5. Discs played fine on my PS3 and PC. Figured everything was good and burned the same folders onto BD-R's and the PS3 doesn't even recognize the disc. Powerdvd 7.3 says the disc is an unsupported format, but if I play the m2ts files directly from the stream folder on the BD-R powerdvd plays just fine. Also if I "play movie from hardrive" in powerdvd it works, so it looks like the BDMV folders are not corrupt. What am I doing wrong so that BD-RE works but BD-R doesn't?

thanks

Couple of things I can think of

Did you remember to close the session?
Did you make certain it was UDF 2.5 on the BD-r's (although it should still play in powerdvd)
and what revision are the bd-r's? 1.1 or 2.1?

This is why I think it is better not to use BD-R's at all. Every mistake will cost you ~$20. BR-RE's cost just a bit more, but you can rewrite them 10,000 times (this is what TDK says about their discs). So even if you erase and rewrite a disc once a day, you can do so for 27 years. I think this is amazing!

1 Need help before I waste anymore BD-R's. I ripped 2 discs from planet earth and the worlds fastest indian to the harddrive, using 6.1.6. Used Nero 7.9.6 to burn BDMV folder on BD-RE using udf 2.5. Discs played fine on my PS3 and PC. Figured everything was good and burned the same folders onto BD-R's and the PS3 doesn't even recognize the disc. Powerdvd 7.3 says the disc is an unsupported format, but if I play the m2ts files directly from the stream folder on the BD-R powerdvd plays just fine. Also if I "play movie from hardrive" in powerdvd it works, so it looks like the BDMV folders are not corrupt. What am I doing wrong so that BD-RE works but BD-R doesn't?

thanks

Did you make sure and put the AACS and Certifticat folders on as well with BDMV folder?

Did you make sure and put the AACS and Certifticat folders on as well with BDMV folder?

No, once the disc is ripped why do you need them? The BD-RE's only have the BDMV folder on them and they work perfectly.

Couple of things I can think of

Did you remember to close the session?
Did you make certain it was UDF 2.5 on the BD-r's (although it should still play in powerdvd)
and what revision are the bd-r's? 1.1 or 2.1?

BD-R = 1.1 BD-RE = 2.1. Yes I burned all the discs using UDF 2.5

think your problem is that the bd-r's are 1.1, what are you using to write them because they arn't even recognised in my Sony writer

think your problem is that the bd-r's are 1.1

I think this is normal. According to Blu-ray licensing site the difference between BD-R version 2 and BD-R version 1 only lies on application layer (adoption of BDMV in addition to BDAV). Physical disc structure and file system are absolutely the same. Also, BD-R version 1 was defined at the same time as BD-RE version 2, and BD-R version 2 was defined at the same time as BD-RE version 3. This is because BD-RE version 1 was created in 2002 for digital recorders and is not compatible with current tech.

See http://www.blu-raydisc.info/spec_info/index.shtml for more info.

I think this is normal. According to Blu-ray licensing site the difference between BD-R version 2 and BD-R version 1 only lies on application layer (adoption of BDMV in addition to BDAV). Physical disc structure and file system are absolutely the same. Also, BD-R version 1 was defined at the same time as BD-RE version 2, and BD-R version 2 was defined at the same time as BD-RE version 3. This is because BD-RE version 1 was created in 2002 for digital recorders and is not compatible with current tech.

See http://www.blu-raydisc.info/spec_info/index.shtml for more info.

Well I've tried Sony BD-r 1.1's on 2 Sony writers and when you try to write to them they won't, just comes up with wrong type of disc error, so have never actually tried to play them back in anything, have just stuck to 2.1's instead

Also looking at the specs on your link it states that 1.1 bd-r supports BDAV, whereas 2.1 now supports BDMV

Last edited:
Also looking at the specs on your link it states that 1.1 bd-r supports BDAV, whereas 2.1 now supports BDMV

But it also says "The blank media (disc) is completely compatible with BD-R Version 1" under "Blu-ray Disc Recordable (R) Format Version 2" section. The difference is only on application level. Basically, there is no such thing as BD-R 2.1 disc. They are all 1.1. Also, all BD-RE's are 2.1.

It states it's compatible with version 1 which to me means it will do all the same as version 1, and if you write it as a version one it will work, but the implemented bdmv in version 2. Like I said I've never tried to play back a bd-r as all the drives I've tried to write them in refuse to see them as usable discs

No, once the disc is ripped why do you need them? The BD-RE's only have the BDMV folder on them and they work perfectly.

I remember reading somewhere on this forum that the PS3 needs those folders, I don't know if it does or doesn't, but I have made about 5 BD-R's and each has worked when I put the Certificate and AACS folders on there as well. Might work, might not.

The only time I've ever needed any folder other than the BDMV folder is for pirates 1 & 2 as the certificate folder actually has information in it on those discs

Last edited:
Back