• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Why is AnyDVD hijacking my CPU!?

wantowan2

I've just started trying to use AnyDVD 6.1.6.2 . It installs fine and appears as tho it is going to work just fine but then, in a period of a minute or so, seizes my machine till everything but the mouse freezes. I know it isn't a ram issue and I have done all the regular re install routines as well as trying all I can about it before posting. I notice that in Task Manager it's default priority is set to "high".

This behavior occurs no matter how I use it. (on it's own or thru another app.)
I do have Nero 7.9 Ultra on the machine as well as up to date Nero InCD. It also happens after disabling InCD. I haven't even tried running AnyDVD via and Nero app. yet.

Has anybody experienced this and if so found a solution? Please?:bowdown:

Last edited:
as well as up to date Nero InCD. It also happens after disabling InCD.

Don't disable Incd. Uninstall Incd

Packet writing software is terrible. If you want that type of functionality use dvd-ram instead; it's more secure and doesn't cause the same types of problems.

Has anybody experienced this

I haven't on three different systems.

Last edited:
I've just started trying to use AnyDVD 6.1.6.2 . It installs fine and appears as tho it is going to work just fine but then, in a period of a minute or so, seizes my machine till everything but the mouse freezes. I know it isn't a ram issue and I have done all the regular re install routines as well as trying all I can about it before posting. I notice that in Task Manager it's default priority is set to "high".

This behavior occurs no matter how I use it. (on it's own or thru another app.)
I do have Nero 7.9 Ultra on the machine as well as up to date Nero InCD. It also happens after disabling InCD. I haven't even tried running AnyDVD via and Nero app. yet.

Has anybody experienced this and if so found a solution? Please?:bowdown:

Are you using 3rd party (chipset or mainboard) IDE or SATA busmaster drivers?
If yes, try the drivers shipping with Windows instead.

Wow, that was quick....;)

Don't disable Incd. Uninstall Incd

Packet writing software is terrible. If you want that type of functionality use dvd-ram instead; it's more secure and doesn't cause the same types of problems.

I haven't on three different systems.
Hi and thanks for the speedy reply. To be honest, I always thought that "InCD" was some how an integral component of the Nero suit.

I take it that it isn't and all of the other functions of Nero will operate just fine without it?

I take it, then, the only thing InCD does is provide virtual drive functionality?

I therefor take it that what you're thinking is that InCD IS what might be causing my issues?

Hi and thanks for the speedy reply. To be honest, I always thought that "InCD" was some how an integral component of the Nero suit.

I take it that it isn't and all of the other functions of Nero will operate just fine without it?
Yes. There *is* a reason, that InCD will not be installed by the Nero installer by default.

I take it, then, the only thing InCD does is provide virtual drive functionality?
Depends on what you mean with "virtual drive functionality".

I therefor take it that what you're thinking is that InCD IS what might be causing my issues?
Possible, yes.

Yes. There *is* a reason, that InCD will not be installed by the Nero installer by default.

Depends on what you mean with "virtual drive functionality".

Possible, yes.

Alright then. Uninstalling InCD will be the first thing I will do. I don't use it for anything on it's own anyhow. Or at least, haven't explored it's functionality to the point that I have integrated it into my way of doing things. Thanks a lot for your help. I will post back on these issues even if it all works out fine just in case this thread shows up in somebody else's search with the same issues.

Are you using 3rd party (chipset or mainboard) IDE or SATA busmaster drivers?
If yes, try the drivers shipping with Windows instead.

As far as I can tell they are all MS drivers there. But did you mean "ATA" instead of SATA?

Back