• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Rookie question

camperxl

Excuse my naivete, but if CloneCD makes perfect 1:1 copies of discs why when I try backing up my game disc am I asked for the original disc by the program after launching? If it's 1:1 shouldn't it look identical to the game? Does it somehow miss copying this "special code" Also aside from using Gamejackel is there a way to do what I'm describing above?

With some exceptions . . .

Not sure I understand your meaning. It will make 1:1 copies of all disc... with some exceptions? Is that your meaning? What are the exceptions? Why are there these exceptions?

Newer game protections, such as the latest Securerom require some type of emulation.

Again back to my original question... Shouldn't a 1:1 copy include this game protection code? It basically still seems like I'm screwed if my original disc dies - so it's isn't truly a backup is it?

Again back to my original question... Shouldn't a 1:1 copy include this game protection code? It basically still seems like I'm screwed if my original disc dies - so it's isn't truly a backup is it?
copy protection(s) are not copied.if you can copy copy protection then there's no point in having copy protection on a disc.

Depends on the protection on the disc. For some discs, they are 1:1: backups. But not for all.

Yes, they are. Clonecd does backup some safedisc protected games including the copy protection.
thats good to know.
i sort of went off track-i was thinking about macrovision,arccos etc... protections on video dvd's.

thats good to know.
i sort of went off track-i was thinking about macrovision,arccos etc... protections on video dvd's.

Not all discs can be backed up without some kind of emulation. This is true of all commercial products that I'm aware of including Alcohol 120% and Blindwrite.

Back