• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

burners not detected on CPU reboot, everytime.

garretth2887

when i reboot my computer AnyDVD status window says there are no drives detected, if i uninstall/reinstall AnyDVD it pickes up my drives, but the next time i reboot computer they are not detected agian. i updated AnyDVD to 6.1.6.0

tried all the steps this is #4.

i was asked to post my upper and lower filters. this is what i found

LowerFilters = AFS2K
UpperFilters = GEARAspWDM

problem still exists that when i reboot my computer no drives are detected by AnyDVD. if i uninstall and reinstall before rebooting, the dries are detected untill next reboot. V 6.1.6.0

LowerFilters = AFS2K
UpperFilters = GEARAspWDM

problem still exists that when i reboot my computer no drives are detected by AnyDVD. if i uninstall and reinstall before rebooting, the dries are detected untill next reboot. V 6.1.6.0

You should have AnyDVD in your Lower Filters. Can you go to here and download and run VSO Inspector. Besides being a good tool to check for bad media, the last tab (System) lists what is in your Upper and Lower filters. Can you check and make sure that those you listed are all that is shown.

What OS are you running?

Last edited:

LowerFilters = AFS2K

If that's all that's installed in your lowerfilters, then as mmdavis noted, Anydvd isn't even installed on your system (properly).

Do step 1 from here please.

Last edited:
my drives are detected in device manager, i downloaded the VSO software, and the upper and lower filters i posted are all that show up in VSO. as far as installing AnyDVD, ive done all the steps: uninstall reboot, install reboot, use CCleaner ect. if AnyDVD should be listed in LowerFilters how do i go about doing that?

my drives are detected in device manager, i downloaded the VSO software, and the upper and lower filters i posted are all that show up in VSO. as far as installing AnyDVD, ive done all the steps: uninstall reboot, install reboot, use CCleaner ect. if AnyDVD should be listed in LowerFilters how do i go about doing that?

Do step 1 from here please (play close attention to when you should do step "d").

i just did the steps and made sure to run CCleaner at step D. problem still exists

Any other ideas to try? ive done ALL that was proposed previously, or is there any phone support available or Email / Chat support?

i just did the steps and made sure to run CCleaner at step D. problem still exists

Are you sure your antivirus or firewall software isn't somehow blocking anydvd.sys from being installed?
Do you have System Mechanic/System Mechanic Pro or any registry monitoring programs installed on your system? If so, they may be blocking Anydvd from installing properly.

Last edited:
using Windows XP as my OS. my drives are a Lite-ON, and Sony ( external drive) , i dont have any monitoring programs, ive run CCleaner. and so far everything ive been told to do has not worked, i believe AnyDVD is installed becuase when i download it from the website, it detects my drives and i can back up my DVD's the way it should work UNTILL i reboot computer at which point the same problem arises " no drive detected for drive D: or F: "

using Windows XP as my OS. my drives are a Lite-ON, and Sony ( external drive) , i dont have any monitoring programs, ive run CCleaner. and so far everything ive been told to do has not worked, i believe AnyDVD is installed becuase when i download it from the website, it detects my drives and i can back up my DVD's the way it should work UNTILL i reboot computer at which point the same problem arises " no drive detected for drive D: or F: "

If anydvd isn't listed in your lowerfilters, the program isn't installed properly. And according to you, it's not installed in your lowerfilters: http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=34115&postcount=3

So something on your system has to be either blocking or removing the lowerfilter entry upon reboot. That's a registry entry. The only programs I know of that would modify or block registries from being modified are antivirus programs, antispyware programs, possibly some advanced firewalls, or registry monitoring programs.

Does the file anydvd.sys even exist on your hard drive?

Last edited:
i did a search of my hard drive for AnyDVD.sys it was Not found, i also disabled my window firewalls, as well as AOL firewalls ( the only firewalls detected on my computer. i again checked my lower filters, and AnyDVD is not listed. i again went thrugh all the steps of uninstall/ reinstall and this time installed the Beta version listed in earlier posts. is there a way to have the AnyDVD.sys files sent and allow me to manually install them instead of installing via wizards?

i did a search of my hard drive for AnyDVD.sys it was Not found, i also disabled my window firewalls, as well as AOL firewalls ( the only firewalls detected on my computer. i again checked my lower filters, and AnyDVD is not listed. i again went thrugh all the steps of uninstall/ reinstall and this time installed the Beta version listed in earlier posts. is there a way to have the AnyDVD.sys files sent and allow me to manually install them instead of installing via wizards?

I think you would have to contact Slysoft and ask for that file if you want it that way.

Your situation is very bizarre, and the only reasonable explanation I can think of is that some monitoring program (firewall, registry monitoring program, antivirus, antispyware) on your system feels anydvd.sys is some kind of threat (and also refuses to allow your registry to be modified). If you accidentally told one of these programs to block anydvd, it may continue blocking anydvd unless you tell the (security) program otherwise.

At this point I'm out of further suggestions. Perhaps others will have ideas about how to get Anydvd installed on your system (currently, it's not installed if anydvd.sys and the lowerfilter entry are missing).

I'm guessing each time you reboot, Anydvd.sys is removed from your system--and anydvd is removed from your lowerfilters. The question is why?

Last edited:
ive found out recently by jacking with things myself. that if i manually add ANYDVD to my Lowerfilters and then reboot my computer, drives will be detected untill i reboot again (with out re adding ANYDVD before hand), or untill i power off the computer.

this help yall get an idea of how to fix the problem? its a makeshift fix, but its a PAIN, im feeling i unfortuinatly paid $49 for. if anyone has a better way to permenantly fix the problem lemme know.

ive found out recently by jacking with things myself. that if i manually add ANYDVD to my Lowerfilters and then reboot my computer, drives will be detected untill i reboot again (with out re adding ANYDVD before hand), or untill i power off the computer.

If anydvd.sys isn't on your sytem, Anydvd still won't work properly. Something on your system is either blocking that file or removing it. You need to figure out what other program or setting is causing that to happen.

Last edited:
Back