• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

problem with Splinter Cell Chaos Theory version 1.05

yakuzas

Help!

I am having a problem.

Here it is:

I created a profile using nearly all of the selections for the way I wanted the media scanned when I start the game. The game then pops up with a message.

I have received three separate messages from the game's disc checking portion.

The messages are:

1) Please insert the game disc into the drive and restart disc detection
2) Disc scanning has detected more than on copy of the disc in your CD/DVD Drives.
3) Please insert the game into another drive.

On message 2 I check and every drive I have Virtual/Optical is a copy of the profile.

For some reason I can't get the disc read correctly and then set for a single drive. The disc I'm using for the scan is the install disc and not a copy.

I have checked for a mini image on sites but to no avail I have yet to find one that works, they either crash my computer and disable anything connected to my usb hub or appear blank.

Is there a way to get this program working with my game?

It's Splinter Cell Chaos Theory version 1.05 (I have updated it). If this program won't work is there a way to let me leave the disc in it's case while I play it?

Yup, I'm afraid that game was before Ubi dumped the big bad Starforce.

Chaos Theory

1. What version of Game Jackal are you running?
Version 2.9.18.550

2. What Operating system are you using? 64 bit? service pack?
Windows XP, No, Service Pack 2

3. If you have virtual drives, disable them while profiling and playing profiles.
I have.

4. Uninstall Directcd, Incd, Dragtodisc, DLA or any other packet writing software you have on your system

I have.

5. What protection does your game use?

Starforce v3.4.71.19

6. What is the name of the game you're trying to run?

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

7. What is the version of the game?

Version 1.05

8. Is it cd or dvd version?

DVD

9. What region or country is the original disc from?

Region 1 United States

10. What cpu are you running?

11. What optical drives (dvd-rom,cd-rom, burners) are you using to create profiles with?

Drive E, DVD/CD Writer (Works with the game) NEC DVDRW ND 2500A

What firmware version is installed on your reader?
Basic (I personally didn't upgrade it, it still has the default drivers and firmware on it.

12. What security software (firewall, antivirus) are you using? Please provide version numbers.

Kaspersky Internet Security Version 7.00.119 completely updated.

13. Describe your problem, provide full error messages, and please state clearly what you were doing when you received those error messages.

Now for the long part:

I open the program, go to create profile.
I set the target CD/DVD Drive to E:
I then selected no profile map, as there isn't on up for Chaos Theory.
For Profile Name I put: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
I located the main launching .exe:

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos Theory\System\SPLINTERCELL3.EXE

I selected these modes for the effect of all my drives having the Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory disc "Inside": Standard, Dynamic, Ultra High Scan, Automatic, & Nominal.

Then, I let the entire start up process load for the capturing to begin, after the 10 minute load up (Beginning scenes, and then the logo) I click exit. It said it was finalizing the profile (Between 4-15 minutes left) after that I tried the profile and received the message noted above.

It seems the only way it will work is if I have the disc in the drive for the intro of the game. After the intro it seems to work but to no avail the game needs the disc and the program seems to fail in preventing that fact.

Is there a way to get around that?

I just went through the entire intro 5 times, and then played missions 1-3 to see if that would get the program to read the disc fully but no.

Do you think I should try the image mode? I have the 4.18 Gb the disc takes up.

When if ever will it be able to handle the demon known as STARFORCE?

Do you know of another method to get around using the original disc besides torrents?

daemon tools or daemon tools pro, or alcohol 52%/120% claim to handle certain starforce versions, even using them you still have to disable real physical (typically ide) drives physically (ie: disconnect the power and cable), if you have an nforce chipset, sometimes you can just disable the ports

So in short I have to make an image of the disc, and then load it into Daemon tools, disable my IDE drives and then use YASU to make sure Starforce doesn't see the false/Virtual drive.

Correct?

What about Star***k?
What about Starforce Nightmare?

I can't use my USB DVD -/+ R/RW drive why?

Last edited by a moderator:
more or less yep,
as for the other programs star* and sf nightmare, i'd personally use them with caution, and the chance of them working is heavily dependant on the starforce version used in the game, i'd say try the image->dt->disconnect/disable real ide cd/dvd drives, if that fails then try the other tools you mentioned, but make sure you have a decent backup.. if all goes wrong

also, yasu is totally useless for starforce

what's so bad about starforce. I mean i know it's awful and invasive. but what makes it to hard to work around?

The fact that even when removed the cd check requires the driver/whatever to be installed to work, so it reinstalls itself upon start up.

So, the removal tool is useless if the cd check the game uses requires Starforce to be installed.

Though a workaround has been done to prevent the installing of Starforce and trick the cd check into believing it's their with the game titled Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones. It modifies the .iso/.mds & .mdf/.bin & .cue/ .iso & .cue but fails upon being burned.

It's probably done with this game by now but the releases take up to two weeks to download as the groups don't set the tools in a different directory than the main .iso for the game. Instead it's in with the game in the 46-98 .r01 files. So you'd have to download the entire package, and from what I'm seeing they are only getting 5-30 seeds. While the leechers are at about 245+.

Seems useless. Especially since I purchased the DVD to prevent running into this particular problem with the space on my drive and the use of emulation devices, along with disabling my drives.

What about using a program called Mini Image Ripper? It supposedly makes an even smaller Image from a current image of a disk and makes it into a .mir file?

Could you possibly test this before I do?

Oh, the reason I mentioned YASU is the fact that it hides the drives from certain protection INCLUDING Starforce.

Oh, what about my problem with it applying the profile to all 3 of my physical drives?

Drive 1: Standard CD
Drive 2: CD/DVD
Drive 3: CD/DVD -/+ DL (USB)

Which is why I'm getting the The game has detected more than one game disc

It did this with version 2.9.18.545 and then again with version 2.9.18.550.

For now, you can simply forget about this game working with Game Jackal.

what's so bad about starforce. I mean i know it's awful and invasive. but what makes it to hard to work around?

its driver based, most of the other protections are at ring 3 (usual area exe's, dlls and so on 'live'), drivers are at ring 0, have higher privileges and can also perform hardware access - directly communicating with bios/ide controller and so on...

Oh, the reason I mentioned YASU is the fact that it hides the drives from certain protection INCLUDING Starforce.

even the yasu coder states it does not work with starforce, starforce uses a totally different detection method than the 2 protection yasu was coded for (safedisc and securom) - explaination why is above

For now, you can simply forget about this game working with Game Jackal.

totally agree there, unless game jackal do some miracle update

Ok, I just downloaded a game rip and took the cut scenes from the game and pasted them into the correct directory so I can watch them if I want.

This is legal as I purchased the game.

Back