• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Elevator DVD

xtremevideoinc117

it stops at 100% and says ( IFO properties 6 Error )

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.0.6.2_Info_E_ELEVATOR.zip
    71.4 KB · Views: 44
Most likely it is the one from Amazon. Because according to the AnyDVD log file, this DVD is unprotected:

Video DVD (or CD) label: ELEVATOR
Media is not CSS protected.
Media is locked to region(s): 1 2 3 4 5 6 8!
Video Standard: NTSC

Also, part of the description on Amazon tells you that :

DVD-R Note: This product is manufactured on demand when ordered from Amazon.com. http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=200326640&pop-up=1

And it's Region Free.

Actors: JULIA VERDES & CRISTI PETRESCU
Directors: George Dorobantu
Format: NTSC
Subtitles: English
Region: All Regions
Aspect Ratio: 1.77:1
Number of discs: 1
Rated: Unrated
Studio: Vanguard Cinema
DVD Release Date: November 28, 2011
Run Time: 85 minutes

Where as the other Elevator, which will be released on August 21, 2012, is region 1:

Actors: John Getz, Joey Slotnick, Shirley Knight
Directors: Stig Svendsen
Format: Color, Dolby, NTSC, Surround Sound, Widescreen
Language: English
Region: Region 1 (U.S. and Canada only. Read more about DVD formats.)
Number of discs: 1
Rated: NR (Not Rated)
Studio: Inception Media Group
DVD Release Date: August 21, 2012
Run Time: 81 minutes

My guess would be that xtremevideoinc117 received a bad copy, since they (Amazon) make the disc on demand. It also could be the media is was copied on. :)

Most likely it is the one from Amazon. Because according to the AnyDVD log file, this DVD is unprotected:

Video DVD (or CD) label: ELEVATOR
Media is not CSS protected.
Media is locked to region(s): 1 2 3 4 5 6 8!
Video Standard: NTSC

Also, part of the description on Amazon tells you that :

DVD-R Note: This product is manufactured on demand when ordered from Amazon.com. http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=200326640&pop-up=1

And it's Region Free.

... and it is a pressed DVD.
Current profile: DVD-ROM

My guess would be that xtremevideoinc117 received a bad copy, since they (Amazon) make the disc on demand. It also could be the media is was copied on.

My guess is that guessing doesn't accomplish anything. But I said that already.

its a movie called "Elevator"

http://www.amazon.com/Elevator-Christopher-Backus/dp/B00827OWRK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1345129432&sr=8-1&keywords=elevator

bought in the US
new log file

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.0.6.4_Info_E_ELEVATOR.zip
    75 KB · Views: 19
the elevator

im still stupid on all this forum stuff & dont know exactly what to do to send an error message. im having a problem with the elevator. about half way through the rip stage it goes to the ballon showing that the disc is being repaired. when finished, it starts ripping all over. as soon as it gets to the same spot on the disc it cancels & show the unable to read media balloon. i thought it may be the disc so i rented another & it does the exact same thing. any help out there?

im still stupid on all this forum stuff & dont know exactly what to do to send an error message. im having a problem with the elevator. about half way through the rip stage it goes to the ballon showing that the disc is being repaired. when finished, it starts ripping all over. as soon as it gets to the same spot on the disc it cancels & show the unable to read media balloon. i thought it may be the disc so i rented another & it does the exact same thing. any help out there?

Okay, since you have no idea what is going on, maybe you might be able to help yourself by read the "Sticky" on PLEASE read this before you post. Read this very carefully, and/or print it out for next time, and try to give as much information as possible, including version numbers, OS, the complete name of the movie, and where you obtained it. In your case, it's a rental, so that wouldn't help much. Also, make sure you have the latest version of CloneDVD and the latest BETA version of AnyDVD. After you are done reading the link I provided, and still are confused, please report back with more information. The more information you provide, the better we can assist you with your problem.
Thank You. :)

Okay, since you have no idea what is going on, maybe you might be able to help yourself by read the "Sticky" on PLEASE read this before you post. Read this very carefully, and/or print it out for next time, and try to give as much information as possible, including version numbers, OS, the complete name of the movie, and where you obtained it. In your case, it's a rental, so that wouldn't help much. Also, make sure you have the latest version of CloneDVD and the latest BETA version of AnyDVD. After you are done reading the link I provided, and still are confused, please report back with more information. The more information you provide, the better we can assist you with your problem.
Thank You. :)

The Elevator

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.0.7.1_Info_E_ELEVATOR.zip
    72.1 KB · Views: 19
No CSS protection, very strange region coding for a commercially produced DVD. Is this the 2011 movie or something else? Where did you purchase this?

i rented this movie from hastings. it was released on DVD yesterdat 8/21/12

i rented this movie from hastings. it was released on DVD yesterdat 8/21/12

There are some strange things with the DVD that I highlighted earlier. I suspect they (and you) got a bootleg copy. To release a commercially produced DVD with no CSS and open region coding is not the normal thing studios do.

With that said, the developers will probably have a more informed idea of what is going on since you created a log file. This might be a new protection.

We know

This one was/is being looked into by James a while ago.
I've merged this thread to that existing one.

There are some strange things with the DVD that I highlighted earlier. I suspect they (and you) got a bootleg copy. To release a commercially produced DVD with no CSS and open region coding is not the normal thing studios do.

With that said, the developers will probably have a more informed idea of what is going on since you created a log file. This might be a new protection.

It is not the first time that a dvd is released without CSS protection. I had copy movies without CSS

It is not the first time that a dvd is released without CSS protection. I had copy movies without CSS

As I said no CSS is not a normal thing, not that it never happens. I have backed up commercially produced DVDs that don't have CSS as part of the protection scheme, those are all documentary type DVDs. I have yet to remember finding a movie or TV show DVD that doesn't use CSS and restricted region coding, it is so rare I would remember and take note of it. When I do find one, it still will not be the norm.

As I said no CSS is not a normal thing, not that it never happens. I have backed up commercially produced DVDs that don't have CSS as part of the protection scheme, those are all documentary type DVDs. I have yet to remember finding a movie or TV show DVD that doesn't use CSS and restricted region coding, it is so rare I would remember and take note of it. When I do find one, it still will not be the norm.

thanks for the help guys. most of the time i can download the new beta version & it fixes the problem. im just really stumped now. also, this movie doesnt pull up on imdb.com or moviefone.com. thats awkward cuz imdb never fails me & moviefone doesnt fail me once a movie is released on DVD. i picked up a new van damme movie called dragon eyes at walmart the other day & it doesnt show to be released to THEATERS til sept 7. it copied perfectly fine.

thanks for the help guys. most of the time i can download the new beta version & it fixes the problem. im just really stumped now. also, this movie doesnt pull up on imdb.com or moviefone.com. thats awkward cuz imdb never fails me & moviefone doesnt fail me once a movie is released on DVD. i picked up a new van damme movie called dragon eyes at walmart the other day & it doesnt show to be released to THEATERS til sept 7. it copied perfectly fine.

Is it the 2011 Elevator movie? Check the actors who are in it and let us know if this is the version because knowing exactly what the movie is will help the developers in fixing this if they have to purchase a copy.

The UPC code from the case would be helpful too.

Back