• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

no subtitles

wheeljack

i am new here so please be easy on me..lol
i use clonedvd and anydvd for all my backups.it seems that i can get the subtitles to work only if i backup the whole dvd.
if i choose just main movie and check english subtitles in clonedvd everything goes well.but when i watch the backup dvd there r no subtitles.
i may be doing something wrong but i get this with any and all backups that i want just the movie with subs.
last movie i backed up with this issue was letters from iwo jima.
in clone dvd i choose clone dvd titles,check main movie,check english subs,but no subs on the backup.
thx for any advice anyone is willing to give..

You either need to preserve menus in Clonedvd--or select the subtitles using your dvd remote with playing the movie.

wheeljack,
Make your movie only backup with "Preserve Menus" checked "ON" in CloneDVD. Depending on how a DVD original is authored, most likely the sound and subtitle tracks are matrixed through the menu structure which may be why the subs don't work correctly, or by default.

Whisperer

thx

thx guys for the fast non judgementle help...lol.
worked like a charm.all forums should be as nice and fast^^.

I am not 100% certain, but I believe that a while back I discovered another way that subtitles can be left out. I had the bright idea that I could increase movie quality by using only 2-channel audio and unchecking the 6-channel. I *think* this can result in no subtitles, sometimes. Could be wrong.
Tom

I am not 100% certain, but I believe that a while back I discovered another way that subtitles can be left out. I had the bright idea that I could increase movie quality by using only 2-channel audio and unchecking the 6-channel. I *think* this can result in no subtitles, sometimes. Could be wrong.
Tom

No. That has nothing to do with subtitles.

Yeah, you're right. I just remembered what that did cause, though. If you go with only 2 and not six, you can get stuck with director comments with no way to turn it off, even if you have preserved menus.
Tom

Yeah, you're right. I just remembered what that did cause, though. If you go with only 2 and not six, you can get stuck with director comments with no way to turn it off, even if you have preserved menus.
Tom

Director comments are quite often the 2 channel soundtrack.

Refer to questions 7 and 11 in the Frequently Asked Questions sticky at the top of the forum.

Back