• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Hello again, Webslinger

Getting an 80wire is going to happen as soon as I can find one. There are no CompUSAs in Fort Worth, three Best Buys didn't carry them.

Per another conversation, I poked around looking at a number of internal drives at Best Buy today (HP, Plextor, etc) Didn't see any that came with a cable. I did see one that DID say to burn at 16x or 18x you had to use an 80wire cable, but the HP I bought did not say that in any of its documentation. I will still buy one, but HP isn't pushing it in the documentation as a mandate.

three Best Buys didn't carry them.

Wow, no kidding? :(

If they are selling burners that require 80 wire cables . . . I mean what are the store managers thinking?

By the way, I have a Plextor PX-760a retail burner (box). It came with an 80 wire cable.

Last edited:
Getting an 80wire is going to happen as soon as I can find one. There are no CompUSAs in Fort Worth, three Best Buys didn't carry them.

Per another conversation, I poked around looking at a number of internal drives at Best Buy today (HP, Plextor, etc) Didn't see any that came with a cable. I did see one that DID say to burn at 16x or 18x you had to use an 80wire cable, but the HP I bought did not say that in any of its documentation. I will still buy one, but HP isn't pushing it in the documentation as a mandate.

I've got 8 of them in a box in the closet I'm not using. I'll be in downtown Ft Worth tomorrow if you want 1 or 2.

Wow, that's pretty nice of you!

I don't mind helping folks. I get lots of calls for computer help. I've built and repaired a lot just for cost. It's not what I do for a living, just for fun.

Would be nice to hear back, but maybe you're right.

I agree. But either it's fixed or not that important.

I don't feel that we had him convinced that he needed to try the 80 wire cable judging by his last post. I offered to mail him one and mmdavis offered his cell number and to meet him, and no response. Oh well. :confused:

Come on fortworth.......this is like reading a book and when you are just about done you find the last page is missing :confused: How did it turn out?:confused: :confused:

Bad form, Forthworth. I took the time to read this entire thread and no reply? Please post what happened?! :bowdown::agree:

I don't feel that we had him convinced that he needed to try the 80 wire cable judging by his last post.

Oh well. All retail box Plextors come with them, and I know for a fact the latest Pioneer burners require them. I think the 18x HP is a rebadged lite-on burner. And all 18x burners I know of require 80 wire cables. The Lite-On LH-18A1H supports udma4 (and I believe that's what the HP 940d really is).

I offered to mail him one and mmdavis offered his cell number and to meet him, and no response. Oh well.

Yeah, that was pretty nice of you two.

Last edited:
1. Did using an 80 wire cable help?

2. If not, try this:

a) Leave Clonedvd running
b) manually open and close the burner
c) let Anydvd redetect and decrypt the disc
d) then in Clonedvd, import the disc again and this time it should work

This method works for SATA based 18x and 20x Lite-on burners, but I'm not sure about IDE Lite-ons.

Source is http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=36767&postcount=28

Just reading through the thread I noticed that you had the " Gear UpperClass Filter Driver installed. Do you happen to know what program installed that upperclass filter?:confused:

Just reading through the thread I noticed that you had the " Gear UpperClass Filter Driver installed. Do you happen to know what program installed that upperclass filter?:confused:

GearASPIWDM - Part of the Gear burning engine. Comes with iTunes and Drive Image 7.0

I've never had problems with it.

Back