• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Modify Regional Code on DVD

convertere

hi guys,
I bought a DVD here in America which has regional code 1.
Soon I'm gonna return back to Germany and my DVD player back in germany has regional code 2.
Can AnyDVD HD somehow modify my DVDs so that they are gonna be regional code free or that I can change them to Regional Code 2??

Is there any way that my american DVDs can work with my European DVD-Player by modifying my original DVDs???

see ya
convertere

All dvd-video backups produced using Anydvd should be region free. However, Anydvd does not convert NTSC to PAL.

Does it matter if a DVD is in PAL or NTSC???
Something which is supposed to be important and I should care about??

The most of the dvd-players which are sold in germany are able to play ntsc and pal dvds.

Die meisten der in Deutschland verkauften DVD-Player können NTSC und PAL DVDs wiedergeben.

Last edited:
you can also make your dvd player region free from here http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks

thant won't help with the NTSC to PAL, but i'm sure it's more of a problem in the US, as a some/most of the dvd players in the UK will have on option to set it to PAL/NTSC or AUTO, wheather there a dear brand or the cheaper ones

most of the dvd-players which are sold in germany are able to play ntsc and pal dvds.

Well, if that's true, then convertere has nothing to worry about.

However, if convertere's standalone dvd player only plays PAL, then an issue exists.

I don't live in Germany; I do not know what the situation is there. I'm just stating the facts: Anydvd does not convert NTSC to PAL nor vice versa (and that is something to consider).

Last edited:
thx guys,

I have a Tevion Dvd-player from ALDI and it's a pretty good one cuz it is also able to play Xvid and divx formats and a lot of other stuff...

I heard that you can set your DVd-player region free or set in a different region just by using your remote.. the only thing is that it's a hidden code but I saw a lot of different solutions on the internet from the brand Tevion..

I think that I will look forward to it and hoepfully i won't have to deal w/ back-ups, copy-protection and all the other crap..:clap: :clap:

But thx anyways, if it won't work my way I have no other options...

see ya ;) ;)

thx guys,

I have a Tevion Dvd-player from ALDI and it's a pretty good one cuz it is also able to play Xvid and divx formats and a lot of other stuff...

I heard that you can set your DVd-player region free or set in a different region just by using your remote.. the only thing is that it's a hidden code but I saw a lot of different solutions on the internet from the brand Tevion..

I think that I will look forward to it and hoepfully i won't have to deal w/ back-ups, copy-protection and all the other crap..:clap: :clap:

see ya ;) ;)

Provided your dvd player and television plays NTSC, you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

thx guys,

see ya ;) ;)

if you want to make it region free, select your model from this list

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks?dvdplayer=Tevion&hits=50&Search=Search

Back