• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Stupid question I know

Ldragon99

Ok so I am new to this app as well as Media center so I realize this is going to sound stupid to many. What I want to do is copy my dvd collection onto my hardrive and Use Visa Media center to play them. I have a trial version of any dvd as well as copydvd. I used any dvd to copy the dvd to my computer but I cannot figure out how to play it using either media player or media center. What am I missing?

Ok so I am new to this app as well as Media center so I realize this is going to sound stupid to many. What I want to do is copy my dvd collection onto my hardrive and Use Visa Media center to play them. I have a trial version of any dvd as well as copydvd. I used any dvd to copy the dvd to my computer but I cannot figure out how to play it using either media player or media center. What am I missing?

Hi and welcome to the forum. With Media Player open, you should be able to go to: File/Open and go to the folder on your HDD that you placed the files. You should select the VIDEO_TS.IFO file then Open. It should play from there.

Plays but won't add

Ok so I can get the file to play in media center by doing the open with media player, bu if I try to have media player add the file to the library, so I can use media center to play it ti does not recognize it. Also it does not add the name of the file in media player. I guess what I am asking is if this is the best way to add all of my dvd to the computer or is there a better way?

Ok so I can get the file to play in media center by doing the open with media player, bu if I try to have media player add the file to the library, so I can use media center to play it ti does not recognize it. Also it does not add the name of the file in media player. I guess what I am asking is if this is the best way to add all of my dvd to the computer or is there a better way?

I don't have any personal experience doing that so I will have to let someone that's doing it answer. There is a thread on that same subject that gave some details. Might check it out. You can find it here.

Back