• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Slow cloning

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradthedog

has anyone else noticed a distinct decrease in speed with the latest versions or clonedvd and anydvd? Since the upgrade it has been taking on average 50% longer to burn an image to my hard drive.

me too

I thought it was just me since no one else posted about it.

Slow Cloning & Burning

I have the latest versions of anydvd & clonedvd installed as well on 3 computers. On 2 of the computers transcoding & burning times have not changed. On the 3rd computer transcoding & burning times doubled after I updated 3 to 4 weeks ago.

Each computer is quite different in terms of configuration and programs installed. I assume there is a conflict with the update(s) and the software/hardware on the 3rd computer.

Apparently most people have not experienced the slowdown problems or you would see a lot of discussions regarding the issue in the forum.

I have both programs on two computers and have not seen any decrease in speed. The only problem I have had lately is a burner dying slowly. My brother-in-law has the same programs on three computers and he said they have been just as fast as day one. You guys might be having hardware issues or software conflicts.

the other problem I have had

the other problem I have had since updating is getting a lot more bad burns with cheaper disks. Until i upgraded i never had any problems burning cheap disks from staples after the upgrade i get an error on every one burned through clone dvd. The same burner and same image files burn just perfect with the same batch of disks through power iso. If it were the disks or the burner i would be having the problem in other programs but I am not.

the other problem I have had since updating is getting a lot more bad burns with cheaper disks. Until i upgraded i never had any problems burning cheap disks from staples after the upgrade i get an error on every one burned through clone dvd. The same burner and same image files burn just perfect with the same batch of disks through power iso. If it were the disks or the burner i would be having the problem in other programs but I am not.

Read 14 please

Read 14 please

and if i didn't have four years worth of success with them, disk one plays as well as the ones I made last week, I would agree they are bad quality. Cheap third party repackaging doesn't necessarily mean inferior quality, especially when you consider half the disks on the planet come out of single factory in china.

BTW just tried got word from someone else who had the same error with Sony disks...

Cheap third party repackaging doesn't necessarily mean inferior quality

They often receive "b" grade material. Consider that CMC and Prodisc made discs that Verbatim uses are held to higher standards than CMC and Prodisc that other companies sell under their names. CMC and Prodisc Verbatims are made in Taiwan, by the way.

especially when you consider half the disks on the planet come out of single factory in china.

junk; pretty much all blank dvd media made in China or Hong Kong is horrible

BTW just tried got word from someone else who had the same error with Sony disks...

Sony blank media tends to be very average, and unless you give me MIDs, saying "Sony" is meaningless

the other problem I have had since updating is getting a lot more bad burns with cheaper disks.

No one should expect good results using inferior blank media.

Last edited:
Do steps 3 and 4 from here (note that step 4 requires you to post information)

But really, until you dump the "junk", and go through the other steps I mentioned earlier, there's not much point troubleshooting.

obviously

obviously your unbelievably arrogant defense of the product means that it couldn't possibly be a software issue that should be looked at further for the next build. Since it must be a user issue I will stick to using the program that does give repeated burn errors. How stupid of the user to think the company that designed the product or fat headed seem to think they know it all program gurus would ever admit potential fault with a product, and that will be the message people hear from me.

Oh well. I wonder how the fat headed programmers who wrote the OS will respond to the notion that I have a perfect piece of software from slysoft written for their particular OS that isn't working quite right...

obviously your unbelievably arrogant defense of the product means that it couldn't possibly be a software issue that should be looked at further for the next build. Since it must be a user issue I will stick to using the program that does give repeated burn errors. How stupid of the user to think the company that designed the product or fat headed seem to think they know it all program gurus would ever admit potential fault with a product, and that will be the message people hear from me.

Oh well. I wonder how the fat headed programmers who wrote the OS will respond to the notion that I have a perfect piece of software from slysoft written for their particular OS that isn't working quite right...

If you are unwilling to follow good advice, that's hardly a shortcoming on my part.

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=4

"While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters."

"We also reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates the forum rules, as access to our support forums is a privilege and not a right. A banned customer is still entitled to support from the support system."

:policeman:

Consider this a warning.

I will not be attempting to help you ever again. Should you insult anyone else who attempts to assist you, you will find yourself banned from these forums, permanently. :policeman:

and he shouted down from on high, I am the lord your forum moderator, kneel before me and accept my advice as the only correct solution.

Thanks for your goodly advice. I think I will just keep using what works since it I know I can attribute that blame on its appropriate contributors instead of spending countless hours trying to fix a program that isn't working right.

and he shouted down from on high, I am the lord your forum moderator, kneel before me and accept my advice as the only correct solution.

Apparently, the warning wasn't enough. You are now banned for 10 days. One should hope that you will be able to express yourself more civilly in the future.

Thread closed

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back