• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneBD: Elbys pending BD Backup Product: FEATURE DISCUSSION Topic v1.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ch3vr0n

Translator NL
Want to discuss the schedule and what's taking so long or other political stuff?

Open a new thread. This one is for questions about features!!!!

TIP: Want to discuss CINAVIA and CloneBD?

Pro TIP: Want to "discuss" the Slyce release date?

Go here: https://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=56594

Latest Update 11/03/2013
I will try to regularly update this topic with new info.

Items marked with * are new info from the previous topic version. Topic version will change with each update.

With the approval of Tom Xiang, who's behind the translations for the RedFox products I can disclose the following. Let me put ALL doubts there WILL be a product as I am currently translating it. In this topic you'll find info about slyce, and how it works.

SECTION I.a: INTRODUCTION

I.a.1: Who am I?
On the forums i go by the nick Ch3vr0n, and I'm in charge of the dutch translations on ALL slysoft products. Do i work for slysoft? No, do i get payed for my translation work? No, so if you think of joining the translators team and get payed for it, think again. However if you have suggestions on language improvements for Dutch, let me know.

I.a.2: What is Slyce?
Slyce, is the name of the product by Elby that will be able to backup your existing Blu-ray discs so you can safely store the originals away and use your backups for playback. It's almost the same as CloneDVD2 & CloneDVD Mobile combined into 1 product, but this time for blu-ray discs. Will CloneDVD2 ever be updated to handle blu-ray discs? No, its a totally different product.

Section I.b: F.A.Q.*

I.b.1: What will CloneBD Cost?
The current price for the subscriptions is at this moment unknown. The only ones that possibly do are Slysoft themselves and have not yet released such info.

I.b.2: When will Slyce be released?
This is also unknown at this point. Originally CloneBD was scheduled to be released late 2012. The ESTIMATED TIMEFRAME has been scrapped, and they hope for an early alpha or beta release(take somewhere in early 2014. (Note the wording alpha/beta release means NOT the final product) So don't expect an immediate release.

I.b.3: Why has it not been released as originally indicated?
Slysoft has run into some last minute issues that need to be resolved before they can go to final testing. I have myself also not yet received the final build to update the language file as i was notified that there would be a more things to translate. Since i have not yet received that build (and neither have the other translators), the language files are also probably not up-to-date with the current internal (Elby only) build of CloneBD. So before they can release the final product, all languages would have to be updated, sent to slysoft & get integrated for final testing. When i get new info you'll know

I.b.4: Will CloneBD handle Cinavia?
This question has a double answer. Yes and no. No meaning it will NOT handle cinavia on the initial release. Cinavia is not yet widespread enough to embed support for it. For the record, Cinavia will require some form of audio recoding or modification, this is beyond the scope of anydvd too. Now on to Yes part, when Cinavia becomes more widespread across blu-ray & dvd, slysoft will add support for it in a future update. The update has been added, it now supports

I.b.5: Can CloneBD handle 3D Blu-rays?
This question also has a yes and no answer. Yes it will handle 3D BD's but NO it cannot compress them entirely. The current build i have does the same as many other tools out there at the moment. It ignores the SSIF folder and compresses the rest.

I.b.6: Does CloneBD have built-in disc decryption capabilities?
No, in order to process a disc from inside a drive or a protected ISO, AnyDVD HD must be running. Only unprotected discs and/or rips can be processed immediately and without anydvd hd. Slyce does NOT have decryption capabilities.

SECTION II: Features
NOTE: all features below are posted from personal "discovery" within the limited fuctionality copy i have and are to be considered NON-FINAL. These may be changed by Slysoft at any given time

• 37 languages supported
  • Directly open ISO's and process them. NO need to mount the iso's first!
  • Open BDMV folders ripped to (external) harddrives
  • conversion to mobile format(s) (currently have only seen .avi)
  • 1:1 copy (BD25 to BD25, BD50 to BD50)
  • Shrinking double layer discs to single layer size
  • Video Hardware Acceleration support
  • Removing unwanted video clips streams
  • Selectively removing audio/subtitles from specific streams
  • Backup to BDMV folder, .ISO, or mobile format
  • Preview video titles
  • Chose if you wish to keep HD audio, or the CORE AUDIO ONLY
  • 10 different output size options
  • Built-in video preview with advanced controls: skip to prev. title, rewind, play, fast forward, skip to next title
  • Thumbail filled video slider with sliding arrow to chose playback startpoint
  • Video preview WITH AUDIO SUPPORT (currently subtitles are not shown in preview
  • Show/hide short titles, or with a duration shorter then x% of main titles

NOTE: that this is NOT the final list of abilities. Just what i can see from the copy with limited functionality that i have (and all other members on the translation team) in order to be able to translate the product properly.

And finally, here's a little teaser to prove it. This is an original startup screen from the app itself with all available options. ISO, folder & disc (currently from an iso mounted in H: by virtual clone drive)

vvpZEuw.png

End of first rewrite & info update

SECTION III: The DISC Cloning Process

This section is easiest explained by screenshots. I've divided them up in sections and added a number to it. Lookup the number to see the info about that section. This was done to keep the screens visibility at max and not overcrowd it with text. The screens below start after you have selected

8wTEF2O.jpg

1) In this box you'll find all the audio and subtitles streams used throughout the disc on all streams. (Un)tick a box here and it will be removed / restored from ALL streams. If you wish to modify streams on a per title basis. Click the box in section 3. A matching screenshot will be posted below

2) In this box each title will be represented by a couple snaps taken from the stream when it's loaded. On the left of each title you'll find various info about the stream settings. Hovering over a stream will bring up the blue arrow 4. Clicking on the arrow will launch the built in player where you can see if you're removing/keeping the correct stream. The player has full AV controls such as (REV,PLAY,FF,STOP,...)

3) Enabling this will allow you to modify audio / subtitle streams on a per title basis. See below to see a matching screenshot.

4) Click this to launch the build in preview player

5) Clicking on this button will hide the shorter clips from showing based on your settings. See feature list, last item for more info

Below is the screenshot after you click on button 3 in the above screenshot

8vYkwmF.jpg

When you have made your selecting, click next and this will bring you to the following screen. Again for info about each section. See the matching number below the screenshot.

rPAuHOV.png

1) In this section you'll find an overview of the selected streams to keep and their final audio/subtitle streams. Note in this screenshot i have not removed anything. Purely for display purposes.

2) This section displays the final output size & method. The way i clicked through the program i did NOT click on any of the bottom right 3 buttons from the very first screenshot so it defaulted to folder output. If you click on any of those 3 buttons it will default to this final screenshot. But this does not stop you from going back 1 step and modify the titles. Honestly i don't like this particular behavior, imo it would be better that if you do not click on a start button and simply select titles first and then next that you get the option in this final output screen to change the final output method.

Click on Clone to have CloneBD do its magic..

End of second info update

Last edited:
Slyce

SECTION IV: The VIDEO FILE process. *

As usual i will explain the screens via screenshots & numbered sections. This part will describe how a mobile video format such as .avi is created. The screenshots start AFTER the program is launched and the option "create video file" is clicked.

Mn61aM1.png

The video slices listed in 1 are based upon your video settings in the "slices" settings part. Simply select the video you want to convert here (use the built-in preview player if you wish, to be sure it is the correct title), pick the audio & subtitle you want (in my limited copy only 1 subtitle & audio can be picked at a time. I do not know if it will be that way in the final version) and press next to arrive at the following screenshot.

sT1AeTB.jpg

1) Slice overview with selected audio & subtitle

2) Shows the output file and path, along with some hdd space info

3) Here you can select your video settings to be used. In my limited copy currently on avi and mkv are available. Engines are currently "copy" and "x264". More specs will be below

3a): If you use the quality slider (goes from 1 to 100), the settings will automatically change or you can go the other way and change the settings and the slider will change.

3b) Format: avi & mkv
3c) Video codec: copy & x264
3d) Audio codec: lame & copy
3e) Resolution: 640x*360 (16:9), 854*480 (16:9), 960*540 (16:9), 1024*576 (16:9), 1280*720 (16:9), 1600*900 (16:9) and 1920*1080 (16:9)
3f) Video Bitrate: 250, 1000-8000 per 1000 increments
3g) Audio Bitrate: 32, 96, 128, 192, 224, 320

4) When you click on the "Clone" button as seen in previous screenshots item marked with 4 will appear. This is a gradually filling progress bar that uses a greyscale to fill up. Above it the remaining steps can be seen, along with some duration time and on the left a small video preview. This is near identical for all cloning processes.

SECTION V: Basic settings*

of6KaiM.png

No need to mark anything here, screenshots are self explanatory.

Hope you enjoy this long overdue update.

End of third info update

Note: I do NOT have a release date. However i can GUARANTEE that there will be a CloneDVD2 equivalent for blu-ray's. But please, with this info do not BOMBARD ME OR SLYSOFT. With any questions about a release date, full list of abilities, to send the copy (even though it has limited functionality. I will NOT do this!!!). You have the info you requested. Now be patient!!

Last edited:
Slyce

Changelog:

08/06/12: Initial info release
01/07/12: First rewrite & updated info. Introduction section created, features section created, more features added from previous version
18/08/12: Second Update. section III: disc cloning process added
28/12/12: Third update. Sections IV & V added
31/12/12: Split up Section I, added small F.A.Q.
01/01/13: Updated FAQ I.4 with a new timeframe.
07/12/13: Edited 1.4. Removed timeframe, added alpha/beta info, removed I.4 source link, updated I.2
29/01/14: Moved images to new host after imageshack site "revamp" & policy changes

Last edited:
Pretty. I can't wait. But, I'll have to. :D I'll update the thread. Thanks!

Haters gonna hate and whiners gonna whine, but this is great news. Pretty slick looking interface as well.

I'm impressed with what I see, and hopefully I'll be one of the first to buy it when it comes available.

:clap:

Friday, payday, "Slyce"... happy happy day :D Although I have to go to the second job in 2 hrs to completely finish the week :(

What is a translation team? Does this team translate the program to english since the picture seems to show dutch words I think?

The translation team translates Slysoft products into other languages. The picture was posted by someone on the translation team.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

What is a translation team? Does this team translate the program to english since the picture seems to show dutch words I think?

The translation team (of wich i'm a part of for the dutch language) translates FROM english INTO another language. In my case Dutch. It comes by default in english but will support 37!!!! languages from the start if every translator translates the strings before it is released.

Another thing about it that i'd like to say to ya'll it that from what i see is the same 3 click process. Open source > select titles & audio/subs you want to keep > hit go. All done :)

Nothing wrong with a simple but powerful process. I truly can't wait to use it.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Very Very Cool...Can't wait either.:clap::clap::clap:

It comes by default in english but will support 37!!!! languages from the start if every translator translates the strings before it is released.

Does AnyDVD currently support 37 languages, or will this be a new feature of Slyce?

Does AnyDVD currently support 37 languages, or will this be a new feature of Slyce?
I count 34 languages for AnyDVD (with Portuguese and Brazilian Portuguese being two separate languages).

Attachments

• anydvdlanguages.png
    anydvdlanguages.png
    3.9 KB · Views: 64
Way back on 18 March 2012 I was speculating what the now named Slyce would have as an icon:

Since it has already been established that CloneDB will NOT be the name of Slysoft's Bluray backup application, I wonder what the logo will be when the product is released. Will it be sheep or a fox? Maybe a beaver?

I can't say my query was the reason for why the developers did choose a cartoon beaver as the icon, they can still change it as they see fit, but seeing the program icon sure is a bit of deja vu. :p

ROFL. Of course, we don't know the final look until it's released but you never know. :)

Lol now there's a coincidence. Well if anything changes I'll let ya know. :-D initial Dutch translation is completed too so upon launch atleast English and Dutch will be available.

Verstuurd van mijn HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e met Tapatalk

If the screenshot of Slyce Ch3vr0n posted is mostly close to what the final user interface will be, I like the nice, clean look. Simple, compact and elegant.

Too bad I don't know Dutch to fully understand what the buttons and other labels are. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back