• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Why can´t GameJackal handel securom 7?

deodeodeo

has it something to do with blacklisting of Gamejackal or .......... ?
It could be very nice if GameJackal could handel the newest games and not only games from last season!
:bowdown: :bowdown: :clap: :clap:

has it something to do with blacklisting of Gamejackal

Yes

But Gamejackal does handle some Securerom 7 titles including Neverwinter Nights 2. GameJackal doesn't handle some of the newer Securom 7 titles.

Starforce and tages would be sweeeeet, but you can't have everything.

Why do you think so?

Starforce is a real monster. No program I know of has ever handled the latest starforce releases without requiring either third party programs (or unhooking all internal optical drives and using an external drive . . . and even then it sometimes doesn't work).

So I think Starforce support is extremely unlikely. But I could be wrong.

Yes, especially starforce 3 is a monster. The newer ones are less aggressive. But as it seems they (e.g. ubisoft) start to drop sf.
But maybe tages is slysofts next target :D now.
We will see.

Starforce is a real monster. No program I know of has ever handled the latest starforce releases without requiring either third party programs (or unhooking all internal optical drives and using an external drive . . . and even then it sometimes doesn't work).

So I think Starforce support is extremely unlikely. But I could be wrong.

Slysoft never backed down from a challenge when it comes to decrypting various copy protection methods. This should be a real tricky one for them if they are up for it :D

v.2.9.18.550 vs. Starforce

I haven't had any trouble with Starforce so far with the Ubisoft titles I own(GRAW, SH III, etc.)- just run Gamejackal and then drag-and-drop the Game's desktop shortcut into the main Gamejackal window. Insert the disc when prompted, and create a custom profile. However, I don't know if that would work on the very latest releases...

Last edited:
In my opinion, regardless of the copy protection applied to a game Slysoft should come up with a workaround within Game Jackal. I am almost certain that when considering acquiring the franchise they would have thought that such questions would inevitably arise. Admittedly, StarForce, SecuRom and SafeDisc are very difficult to reverse engineer but it has been done before and will be done again. Is Slysoft up for the challenge? Ready when you are...:D

As I said Ubisoft has dropped Starforce for the newer titles.

As I said Ubisoft has dropped Starforce for the newer titles.

Good for them :D (I'm not going to go down the road of Apple and their DRM-free tracks)

The main point is that there are still titles out there that have that protection and because of that I hope to see Slysoft releasing an update to take care of it :clap:

I have just read that StarForce copy protection has been circumvented on the title called "You Are Empty". Is it possible for either James or Peer to let us know what's the forecast for us please? :)

Last edited:
starforce protection (and pretty much all protection) is circumvented, some games take a long time, some are easy, some are able to be 'deprotected' generically, others need a manual approach...

considering gj just has to replicate the disk signature, gj isn't cracking the game, so the 'removal' of the protection does not happen... so in all, gj uses a different approach...

if gj patched areas of the game code, then that would be illegal, and could land them in serious hot water...

removal of protection and protection emulation are totally different strategies, you might gain some information about the signature from some cracks out there (some were 'loaders' - which did patch code).. but gj/dt/others use the emulation approach, which means monitoring data to/from the cd/dvd using bushound and so on...

I have just read that StarForce copy protection has been circumvented on the title called "You Are Empty". Is it possible for either James or Peer to let us know what's the forecast for us please? :)

James and peer are not responsible for handling protection updates with Game Jackal. James has stated before that he is doing work on the 64 bit editions of Game Jackal, but that doesn't mean he's working on dealing with game protections.

Last edited:
James and peer are not responsible for handling protection updates with Game Jackal. James has stated before that he is doing work on the 64 bit editions of Game Jackal, but that doesn't mean he's working on dealing with game protections.

I'm sorry. I don't know anybody else who is working at Slysoft so I assumed that one of them would be doing that work to handle the protections.

I'm sorry. I don't know anybody else who is working at Slysoft so I assumed that one of them would be doing that work to handle the protections.

I don't know to what extent I'm at liberty to say anything, but James isn't responsible for handling newer protections for Game Jackal.

James does handle protections with Anydvd. And peer does handle protections on Anydvd HD. But I'm pretty sure neither are responsible for handling game protections. I wouldn't be lying by saying I don't know exactly who is responsible, but I know who isn't.

Back