• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

anydvd not working with matshita UJ-842D drive

niomimazlan

hello all... i am a loss as to how to make my driver read multiple regions of dvd. i had a different laptop previously and anydvd worked really with it. now i have a sony viao with a matshita UJ-842D dvd driver and it is currently set to region 1. i have installed anydvd on my computer but when i insert a dvd not of region 1, anydvd givs me an error message as folows:

Your drive region is locked to rpc2 drive, which does not allow reading of scrambled sectors from a different region and you try to read a dvd from a different region. Known drives having this problem are RICOH/PHILLIPS DVD writers and MATSHITA/PANASONIC DVD readers and writers. you can try to find an rpc1 patched firmware at www.rpc1.com

i went to the indicated url but it turned out to be s forum and i couldn't quite manage to get the information that i wanted.

could someone please help me with this problem? i only want to be able to play different regions of dvd on my computer, however that may be possible. please!!!

Sorry man, you're out of luck.
I checked for you and found out two things.
The first is that your particular model isn't listed.
The second; even those similar models that are listed have no region free firmware to flash with.
It's a "no go" across the board.
http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_firmware.php?category=14&manufactor=18

I remember Matshita drives as being a problem and you can probably do a search of this forum, as well as CDFreaks.com, to get the full story.

Plus you bought a Sony laptop, that was the first mistake, use it for an anchor and buy something decent. 8)

Matshita drives are famous for there unreliability but Sony really likes using them. :confused:

Thank you for your replies... i understand that i am out of luck! how can i fix this problem? do i have to buy a new computer or can i change the matshita driver for something else? how can i do this if it comes to that?

i also read webslinger's post which includes the information from cdfreaks about uninstalling the busmaster IDE driver. should i do this? it won't mess up anything else on my "anchor"? :) (yes, i'm not your regular computer wizz!) i checked my system file and i have 2 intel drives. should i uninstall both of them?

some more help, please?

Last edited:
Thank you for your replies... i understand that i am out of luck! how can i fix this problem? do i have to buy a new computer or can i change the matshita driver for something else? how can i do this if it comes to that?
You can connect an external drive to your laptop. Just make sure, it is no Panasonic (Matsushita) drive.

Back