• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD HD 6.1.6.4 beta

James

Redfox Development Team
Staff member
I consider this a very stable beta everyone can try.

Download:
http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6164.exe

Changes:
http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/changes_anydvd.txt

6.1.6.4 2007 06 18
- New (DVD): Added support for a new copy protection to the option to remove
"Protection based on unreadable Sectors", e.g. "Free Zone", R1, US
- Change (DVD): Because of popular demand, the "bad sector count
numbers" of versions before 6.1.6.0 are back
- Change: Shows correct disc size with virtual drives
- Change: Because of undesired side effects, the Sonic DLA behaviour before
version 6.1.5.4 is back
- Fix (DVD): Because of an internal overflow, some Sony Arccos
protections were not removed correctly (e.g., "UFC65", R2, UK)
- Fix (DVD): Possible hang if heavily scratched or damaged
Video DVD was inserted
- Fix (HD DVD & Blu-ray): In a rare situation, renaming the AACS directory
could fail (e.g., "The Hulk", HD DVD, US)
- Fix (HD DVD & Blu-ray): Problem with Windows Vista UDF file system
- Some minor fixes and improvements
- Updated languages

Last edited:
- Change: Because of undesired side effects, the Sonic DLA behaviour before
version 6.1.5.4 is back

Cool. Thanks!

P.S.: Sorry, got used to Drag-to-Disc. Cannot get rid of it overnight...

AnyDVD HD 6.1.6.1 beta fixed my Norbit Blu-ray problem.

Thanks!

Hi James,

My original posts are here: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=5018

If you need more info I'm willing to fall back to 6.1.6.0 or before and collect more data.

roog

James would know better than I would, but couldn't your success with 6.1.6.1 be coincidental? I don't see anything in the release notes that indicates anything different for the HD portion of Anydvd. :confused:

James would know better than I would, but couldn't your success with 6.1.6.1 be coincidental? I don't see anything in the release notes that indicates anything different for the HD portion of Anydvd. :confused:

Yeah, that's why I was asking. If I fix something unintentionally, I really like to know why, how, when and why... :D

Yeah, that's why I was asking. If I fix something unintentionally, I really like to know why, how, when and why... :D

I've been trying since Tuesday to get Norbit to back up using 'Rip Video DVD to Harddisk...' with AnyDVD HD 6.1.6.0. It was only today that I discovered that drag and drop would work with AnyDVD HD 6.1.6.0.

Tomorrow, I'll fall back to 6.1.6.0, and see if I can reproduce the results. I'll let you know what my results are.

I've been trying since Tuesday to get Norbit to back up using 'Rip Video DVD to Harddisk...' with AnyDVD HD 6.1.6.0. It was only today that I discovered that drag and drop would work with AnyDVD HD 6.1.6.0.

Tomorrow, I'll fall back to 6.1.6.0, and see if I can reproduce the results. I'll let you know what my results are.

How were you drag and dropping files with AnyDVD?

Can you elaborate, please?

Apparently, my problem did not lie with AnyDVD HD 6.1.6.0. I fell back to 6.1.5.9, restarted, installed 6.1.6.0 and performed backup of Norbit successfully. I guess I'll have to chalk this one up to gremlins.

How were you drag and dropping files with AnyDVD?

I did it using the windows interface. Left click on the BDMV directory icon (continue holding down the left button), drag the icon to the window where you want it copied and drop it by releasing the left button. You can also use copy and paste if you prefer doing so.

Not important, but please add elapsed time to the AnyDVD HD backup window.

Sorry, folx, I have all sorts of problems with 6.1.6.0 and later: Weeds S1 BR-Version won't work at all, had to deinstall and go back to 6.1.5.5 (no probs there). Also, my new Toshiba 802A HD-DVD drive would not work at all with ADVD later than 6.1.5.5. I had to upgrade in the first place to be able to play 'The Cowboys' BR.

HIH

Regards....

Sorry, folx, I have all sorts of problems with 6.1.6.0 and later: Weeds S1 BR-Version won't work at all, had to deinstall and go back to 6.1.5.5 (no probs there). Also, my new Toshiba 802A HD-DVD drive would not work at all with ADVD later than 6.1.5.5. I had to upgrade in the first place to be able to play 'The Cowboys' BR.

HIH

Regards....

Please elaborate.

Sorry, folx, I have all sorts of problems with 6.1.6.0 and later: Weeds S1 BR-Version won't work at all, had to deinstall and go back to 6.1.5.5 (no probs there).

From amazon.com

Weeds Season 1, Blu-ray
This title will be released on July 24, 2007

:confused:

Sorry, folx, I have all sorts of problems with 6.1.6.0 and later: Weeds S1 BR-Version won't work at all, had to deinstall and go back to 6.1.5.5 (no probs there). Also, my new Toshiba 802A HD-DVD drive would not work at all with ADVD later than 6.1.5.5. I had to upgrade in the first place to be able to play 'The Cowboys' BR

Please answer these questions:
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=4503

Okay, let me give it a try:

1) Should be obvious from what I wrote.

2) I actually suspected that, but that wasn't the problem, got rid of everything that was remotly memory resident, but had to downgrade to 6.1.5.5 to get it running.

3) Weeds Season1, RegionA, Catalog Nr. 21334, ISN 0-31398-21334-5-80 (there seems to be a re-release, maybe there were other problems with this title, would not surprise me).

4) I was using a Sony BWU100 as well as a LG GB H10N, the HD-DVD-Drive is the Toshiba SD-H802A, I am running XP Home SP2, Cyberlink Ultra, latest patch I did was from 4/15/07. Everything else works just fine by now. Ultra rock solid system otherwise.

5) With Weeds everything seems fine with status messages, however the BR would hang after a few seconds, black screen, no navigating or jumping whatsoever. With the Toshiba just any disk (DVD, HD-DVD) would just hang at the balloon message of AnyDVD analyzing the disk.

6) No other error messages.

7) Tried to search for solutions, but no luck, sorry! ;)

Thanks!

Back