• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Broadcom Introduces HD Video Accelerator for PCs

DrinkLyeAndDie

Retired Moderator
I ran across this article on X-bit Labs.

Here's the first paragraph. For the entire story follow the link above.

Broadcom Corp., a leading communication company, has introduced the first special-purpose high-definition media accelerator for personal computers. The company hopes that its solution will allow watching HD movies even on inexpensive computers. Nonetheless, market prospects of the solutions are not truly clear.

This could be very interesting.

Now you know why I'm waiting another year or so before I even consider upgrading my laptop. I have a certain set of requirements in mind and we're not even CLOSE to matching them yet. This machine met all the requirements I had at the time and has been an excellent machine for the past few years. Desktop users are better off just getting a medium range video card with HDMI output. I priced out updating my desktop machine and it came in around 500 bucks. That's not bad considering that includes mobo, proc, memory, and hdmi video card. That won't be considered until later this year at the earliest. My wife would kill me. :)

I ran across this article on X-bit Labs.

Here's the first paragraph. For the entire story follow the link above.

This could be very interesting.

This sounds like the Matrox graphics accelerator card from the 90's.

Forty dollars spent on a better processor and graphics card will soon do the job without going to this trouble.

Notice that they didn't mention how much the HD software would cost.

Back