• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

* CloneDVD2 2.9.09 taking over 3,000 minutes to rip/burn *

WandererLA

So I have been using CloneDVD2 with AnyDVD for sometime now and typically it takes me about 40min to 1 hour backing up a DVD. I have two HP DVD burners.

Anyways, I just upgraded to 2.9.09 and since then, everything I have tried burning now takes over 3,000 minutes. I soured the forums and tried defragging and verifying that my IDE settings were set to DMA. I get the same results.

So I deinstalled/reinstalled a few times and get the same results. So last night after countless hours of working on this I installed 2.9.08 and I'm still getting the same results.

Any other suggestions before I give up and try another application? :( :confused:

have you tried to burn a dvd on the burner using a different app.?

Other Apps...

Yes I have used other apps and they are much faster.

I still prefer CloneDVD since I've been using it for a long time. I just don't know why it's so slow all of a sudden. :( :confused:

So I have been using CloneDVD2 with AnyDVD for sometime now and typically it takes me about 40min to 1 hour backing up a DVD. I have two HP DVD burners.

Anyways, I just upgraded to 2.9.09 and since then, everything I have tried burning now takes over 3,000 minutes. I soured the forums and tried defragging and verifying that my IDE settings were set to DMA. I get the same results.

So I deinstalled/reinstalled a few times and get the same results. So last night after countless hours of working on this I installed 2.9.08 and I'm still getting the same results.

Any other suggestions before I give up and try another application? :( :confused:

-Did you install a new or change your drives in any way? Are you using the newer 80 wire IDE ribbon cable or the older 40 wire.
-Can you go here and download and install VSO Inspector. Beside being a good tool at checking for bad media, the last tab (System) will list what is in your Upper and Lower filters. Please post what they show.
-Generally very slow burn speed is a DMA issue, but you said you checked that............

Change the IDE cable or ribbon. It could be bad. Also make sure the cable you have is a 40 pin 80 conductor ide cable.

1. Do steps 3 and 4 from here (click the link . . . step 4 requires you to post information)

2. If you have newer burners, try an 80 wire cable (or as Slyfox 1 said, try a new cable . . . preferably an 80 wire one)

3. Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. Select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying).

4. do step 8 from here

Fixed!

Thank you for all your advice on this. I resolved everything last night by doing a XP System Restore to the end of last month and now I am on CloneDVD 2.9.0.3 and everything is back to normal.

I am guessing a recent MS Update or something else is conflicting with my computer. :D

You really should be using Clonedvd 2.9.0.9

I would like to. Tonight, I am going to upgrade it and test it to see if I see the same performance issues. Just last weekend I did a bunch of updates and one of them is what slowed down my computer significantly. I honestly don't think it was any SlySoft products. I blame Microsoft!

Back