• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

x64 Windows XP support

SnowmanDK

I hope I did understand this the right way.
A version that supports x64 OS'es is in development, right?
I really hope so, as I already upgraded my old license.

I have absolutely no doubt that work on the 64-bit version (both XP and Vista) is underway. More and more systems take advantage of such developments in technology so I am sure that Slysoft will not treat that area of the market with neglect :disagree:

A big part of the problem with 64 bit is the drivers need to be completely re-written. In addition to this, for Vista 64 bit, you need to have the software certified and "signed" by Microsoft in order for it to work. You know all those drivers that work under XP(32 bit), but you need to give specific permission before installing? That won't work under 64 bit Vista, so it has to be fully checked by Microsoft before it will work.

A big part of the problem with 64 bit is the drivers need to be completely re-written. In addition to this, for Vista 64 bit, you need to have the software certified and "signed" by Microsoft in order for it to work. You know all those drivers that work under XP(32 bit), but you need to give specific permission before installing? That won't work under 64 bit Vista, so it has to be fully checked by Microsoft before it will work.

That's no problem. I've already done that for AnyDVD, so I already have some experience how to do this. :D

drivers dont require a total re-write for vista / 64 bit, they are just required to play by the rules microsoft set - no interrupt hooking, drivers must be signed etc etc, there is not that much fundamentally different with 64 bit driver coding than the 32 bit code...

I've been checking every couple weeks to see if the new version by slysoft is out so I can upgrade.. but let me get this straight.

My gaming machine is running x64 pro, and the pre-slysoft version does work under it.. but the Slysoft version does not? I'm going to upgrade eventually, but I might hold off if that is the case.

My gaming machine is running x64 pro, and the pre-slysoft version does work under it..
No, it doesn't. It installs, it looks like it is working, but it does nothing.

Hm.. So it doesn't. Bizarrely enough, apparently all the games I've been playing since I got this were ones that never worked under GJ (Blizzard games) or didn't need the CD.

I didn't realize the Far Cry 64 Bit edition didn't do a CD check, and other games I've been launching don't. Heh.. Wow. Now I feel like an ass. ;)

Hm.. So it doesn't. Bizarrely enough, apparently all the games I've been playing since I got this were ones that never worked under GJ (Blizzard games) or didn't need the CD.

I didn't realize the Far Cry 64 Bit edition didn't do a CD check, and other games I've been launching don't. Heh.. Wow. Now I feel like an ass. ;)

Don't. It took Peer several days until he realised that GJ isn't working on 64-bit OS at all.... Har, har.... :D

Back