• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Media is locked to region(s): 1 2 3 4 5 6 8!

digidom

I am burning Video DVD's using CloneDVD 2.9.0.4 and AnyDVD 6.1.6.0

They are not copies of movies or other manufactured disks but my own promotional DVD's burned to blank, printable RITEK Disks which need to be compatible with DVD players worldwide.

I have managed to burn 20 disks which are completely Region free but something has changed and now I find that my media is being reported as locked to all regions apart from region 7. I am using the same disks from the same pack and the same burner (Samsung CD/DVDRW SH-S812D SB05 0327) as I was before.

Can anybody give me any clues as to what might have altered to produce this undesirable change?

many thanks,

A very confused digidom

Don't know what exactly changed, but only missing 7 is nothing because Region 7 is Undefined (reserved) so you dont need it anyways. I'd be more concerned with NTSC and PAL for worldwide DVD's rather than a missing region 7.

printable RITEK Disks

Pretty bad stuff . . .

Taiyo Yuden printable media is far better (as are Maxell Plus)

I find that my media is being reported as locked to all regions apart from region 7.

1: U.S., Canada, U.S. Territories
2: Japan, Europe, South Africa, and Middle East (including Egypt)
3: Southeast Asia and East Asia (including Hong Kong)
4: Australia, New Zealand, Pacific Islands, Central America, Mexico, South America, and the Caribbean
5: Eastern Europe (Former Soviet Union), Indian subcontinent, Africa, North Korea, and Mongolia
6: China
7: Reserved
8: Special international venues (airplanes, cruise ships, etc.)

Region 7 = "Reserved for future use (found in use on protected screener copies of MPAA-related DVDs, and "media-copies" of pre-releases in Asia)"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD_region_code

I don't have an answer as to why it's missing, but I'm not sure it's a huge issue either.

Many Thanks

My grateful thanks to those who took the trouble to reply. I have subsequently solved the problem by patching the .IFO files using DVD Decrypter....wash my mouth out!

digidom

Message Definition

The message in AnyDVD that reads:

Media is locked to region(s): 1 2 3 4 5 6 8!

can be interpreted in two ways.

Does it mean that the disk can only be read by players in regions 1 2 3 4 5 6 & 8
or that it cannot be read by players in those regions?

Still confused,

digidom

... my own promotional DVD's burned to blank, printable RITEK Disks which need to be compatible with DVD players worldwide...
digidom,
1. Ritek is not good media for universal player compatibility.

2. Regardless of having made your promotional copies region free, an NTSC video standard copy (made in the Americas) will not play on a PAL video standard (outside of the Americas) player or TV. ... or vice-versa

Whisperer

digidom,
1. Ritek is not good media for universal player compatibility.

2. Regardless of having made your promotional copies region free, an NTSC video standard copy (made in the Americas) will not play on a PAL video standard (outside of the Americas) player or TV. ... or vice-versa

Whisperer
I am writing in NSTC format for the USA and in PAL for Europe. Which format should I be writing in for Australia and other regions?

thanks,

digidom

We use PAL down here (Australia). But pretty much every DVD player/TV here can play PAL/NTSC/SECAM/ETC anyway. But for compatibility sake, do it the PAL way.

Back