• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Another Vista problem

breadmen

I have checked with the other threads regarding vista problems and none of those solutions seem to be working for me.

Here is what I'm going through. AnyDVD starts with windows and I have no problems launching it or anything like that. The problems start as soon as I insert a DVD into my drive.

AnyDVD will pop up and tell me that a disk has been inserted and will open in a few moments, which it does. Then if I hit ok my computer uninstalls my DVD drive. The only way to get my DVD drive back is to reboot my computer. I have tried going into add new hardware wizard and it won't detect it. I tried going into device manager and having it scan for hardware changes, it doesn't find it. It will only find it if I reboot my computer.

Here's the kicker, if the dvd is still in the drive it will uninstall the dvd drive again, but if I remove the dvd it will be fine.

If I disable AnyDVD and put a dvd in the drive the dvd will play without issue.

What happens if you simply disable User Account Control?

Do step 1 and 4 please from here (please note that step 4 requires you to post information

here is what I get for the filter log. The other 3 scenarios doesn't really apply.

Filter Check Tool v3.4

An Upper Filter found is: GEARAspiWDM
Filterdriver properties are:

A Lower Filter found is: AnyDVD
Name: AnyDVD
Caption: AnyDVD
Description: AnyDVD
AcceptPause: False
AcceptStop: True
DesktopInteract: False
DisplayName: AnyDVD
ErrorControl: Normal
ExitCode: 0
PathName: C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\AnyDVD.sys
Version Info: 6.1.6.0
ServiceSpecificExitCode: 0
ServiceType: Kernel Driver
Started: True
StartMode: Manual
StartName:
State: Running
TagId: 0

A Lower Filter found is: PxHelp20
Name: PxHelp20
Caption: PxHelp20
Description: PxHelp20
DisplayName: PxHelp20
PathName: C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\PxHelp20.sys
Version Info: 3.0.40.0
StartMode: Boot
StartName:

Completely disable User Account Control and do step 1 from my initial reply please.

Completely disable User Account Control and do step 1 from my initial reply please.

That was the first thing I did when I received my laptop. It has never been enabled. It conflicts with the Raritan driver, which I need to perform my job.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled about 4 times now, will reinstalling one more time really help?

Last edited:
OK, I uninstalled AnyDVD, rebooted, installed CCleaner, rebooted, Ran CCleaner fixed all kinds of problems found, rebooted, installed AnyDVD, Rebooted, re ran the filters tool and it came up with the same as before but was missing missing the following lower filter:

A Lower Filter found is: PxHelp20
Name: PxHelp20
Caption: PxHelp20
Description: PxHelp20
DisplayName: PxHelp20
PathName: C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\PxHelp20.sys
Version Info: 3.0.40.0
StartMode: Boot
StartName:

I then insterted a DVD again AnyDVD popped up and detected the DVD and my DVDRW then proceeded to uninstall again.

I then re ran that filter tool and that last entry was back.

hope this helps shed some light on the subject.

Thanks for the help.

just so you know it's not all that urgent that we get this thing working on my laptop. I was just using it as a test for Vista. I'm planning on building a Vista Ultimate computer with 4 TB of storage, and just rip most of my library to it and instead of searching my library for dvd's which is becoming next to impossible any more, I can just hit play on my media center. Or at least that's the plan. If I can't get this thing to work with vista that might be a bust.

I am not all that familiar with Vista. Perhaps others will have other suggestions. However, I do recommend answering the questions from my previous reply as that information may help others should they try to assist you.

I'm also wondering if you have some corrupt busmaster driver on your system.

Last edited:
Back