• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

HELP - Cannot RIP "Smokin Aces"

ripdiscuk

Dear All

Tried many times to RIP Smokin Aces and/or copy but without any joy at all. Up until recently I have had no problems with any film but this one is troublesome giving the following error message:

File IO 3 VTS_01_5.VOB 827584512 280576

Can anyone help please and offer a solution. Thanks.

Regards,

1. Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. Select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying).

2. Also do step 8 from here

Last edited:
Dear All

Tried many times to RIP Smokin Aces and/or copy but without any joy at all. Up until recently I have had no problems with any film but this one is troublesome giving the following error message:

File IO 3 VTS_01_5.VOB 827584512 280576

Can anyone help please and offer a solution. Thanks.

Regards,

What anydvd version do you use? What copy program do you use and versions? If you not give more info we can't help.

the scan seemed to show up error/bad sectors so i'm assuming its a faulty dvd.

Summary for drive H: (AnyDVD 6.1.6.0)
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-E40N RE01 000118071772664400
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1839456 sectors (3592 MBytes)
Total size: 3672901 sectors (7173 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: SMOKIN_ACES
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: PAL
Media is locked to region(s): 2 5!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 2!

According to the status window you have posted everything looks in order. The presence of errors is not always indicative that there is a problem with the DVD because some manufacturers insert them on purpose to "fool" copying software. I noticed that AnyDVD reported that structure is correct which to me says it all: defective and/or damaged DVD :agree:

the scan seemed to show up error/bad sectors so i'm assuming its a faulty dvd.

Getting CRC read errors and with the scan showing errors, you have a defective disc. Exchange it for another.

The presence of errors is not always indicative that there is a problem with the DVD because some manufacturers insert them on purpose to "fool" copying software.

No. That's really only an issue with the region 2 x-protect junk, and even with the newer Sony/Lionsgate stuff, I am not receiving read errors.

Back