• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Hello again, Webslinger

Okay fellas, I'm getting one today! Fort Worth doesn't carry 80wire cables in the 7/11s like they might in the rest of the country. :rolleyes:

Thank you fellas for your time in this matter.

Okay fellas, I'm getting one today! Fort Worth doesn't carry 80wire cables in the 7/11s like they might in the rest of the country. :rolleyes:

Thank you fellas for your time in this matter.

You can thank CompUSA for closing all the Tarrant County stores for that, otherwise there would be one close. There is the Frys in Arlington, I20 at Matlock Road. They have everything. BestBuy, Circuit City and Radio Shack have them also.

I did my best to follow Webslinger's instructions to the letter. Is there nothing though to there being several long time users who are now coming up with this issue?

BTW, I haven't had the chance to get the 80wire yet, but here's the crazy thing. I don't have problems right now, if I do the following. Why the heck would this work?

If I launch Anydvd, or let it be there as a TSR in the system tray from a system reboot...then launch clonedvd and try it, i get the encrypted sector error.

What IS working for me, so far, only discovered through hours of trial and error is to do the following.

1. Anydvd is not running. It is closed, exited, not in the system tray...
2. Launch Clonedvd with the movie in the drive already. Leave Clonedvd on its first page where you can select clone dvd/select dvd titles, etc.
3. THEN I launch anydvd. Let it report that it is scanning the disc.
4. Then I use clonedvd as I had been using it for the past several months.

So far so good. Has worked on a variety of CSS protected discs we own, from a variety of movie studios, using a variety of copy protection technologies. No problems at all.

So why does THIS work? Please note I haven't bought that 80wire solution yet. I have made no other system changes (installs, un-installs) etc. I came about this through nothing but trial and error.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

So why does THIS work?

Your problem is not related to the other user. Period.

If you don't want to try the 80 wire cable that's your choice, but in all honestly, I can't be bothered trying to troubleshoot further until you do so.

1) You're, in all likelyhood, NOT using the proper cable that's required. If you're using the wrong hardware, then really what's the point in asking more questions?

2) You probably have other programs installed that were not properly removed based on your previous filter information (and you claim none of those programs were installed; well they certainly were at one time)

3) There's a chance a compatibility exists between your burner's firmware and Anydvd

Last edited:
I did my best to follow Webslinger's instructions to the letter. Is there nothing though to there being several long time users who are now coming up with this issue?

BTW, I haven't had the chance to get the 80wire yet, but here's the crazy thing. I don't have problems right now, if I do the following. Why the heck would this work?

If I launch Anydvd, or let it be there as a TSR in the system tray from a system reboot...then launch clonedvd and try it, i get the encrypted sector error.

What IS working for me, so far, only discovered through hours of trial and error is to do the following.

2. Launch Clonedvd with the movie in the drive already. Leave Clonedvd on its first page where you can select clone dvd/select dvd titles, etc.

So far so good. Has worked on a variety of CSS protected discs we own, from a variety of movie studios, using a variety of copy protection technologies. No problems at all.

So why does THIS work? Please note I haven't bought that 80wire solution yet. I have made no other system changes (installs, un-installs) etc. I came about this through nothing but trial and error.

The only person having that issue is you, so the issue is something in your computer. I personally think it is a software conflict with what you described above. Something is interfering with ANYDVD when it tries to access the drive. Can you post your Upper and Lower filters again to see what changes have occured?

The only person having that issue is you, so the issue is something in your computer. I personally think it is a software conflict with what you described above. Something is interfering with ANYDVD when it tries to access the drive. Can you post your Upper and Lower filters again to see what changes have occured?

He appears to have done so here (earlier in this thread).

The thing is, I haven't heard of any 18x burner not requiring an 80 wire cable, since I'm pretty sure most of them support udma4.

Last edited:
He appears to have done so here

But that was 3 days ago. Who knows what has changed since. If it works when CloneDVD has control of the drive, but doesn't work when originally inserted, then either another program is trying to access when AnyDVD is or that drive is not listed or allowed to access the drive in the AnyDVD settings.

And most newer burners require to be the Master. If he's in Ft Worth, I'm in Arlington but work downtown Ft Worth, I can mail him a cable. But there are plenty of places to get one.

Last edited:

You are using Sonic DLA or another nasty filesystem from Sonic or Roxio like Drag to Disc?

You are using Sonic DLA or another nasty filesystem from Sonic or Roxio like Drag to Disc?

James, this was his filters originally:
http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=33069&postcount=14

That does indicate either dragtodisc or directcd being installed previously.

Fortworth claims all of the software I mentioned from that link was never on his system.

Fortworth's filters now show this: http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=33095&postcount=18

But I have no idea how he removed the filters from the first link I posted. So there's a chance he didn't uninstall the software properly and fully.

Moreover, most 18x burners (the Plextor Px-760a which is a 16x burner requires a 80 wire cables as do later Pioneer burners) I'm aware of require an 80 wire cable in order to function properly. He's using a 40 wire cable.

I use Nero OEM to burn all my data. It was included with my HP Lightscribe burner. There was a cd/dvd burning program which came pre-installed on my Sony VAIO, which I un-installed through the add/remove programs option in control panel. I used the advanced windows care that WS suggested to check for reg errors, which I assume fixed them as I allowed it to make those changes.

I have Adobe Premiere and Adobe Encore on my computer also.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if a HP DVD WRITER 940D is really a lite-on rebadge?

Moreover, most 18x burners (the Plextor Px-760a which is a 16x burner requires a 80 wire cables as do later Pioneer burners) I'm aware of require an 80 wire cable in order to function properly. He's using a 40 wire cable.

Well, I am not so much the "hardware guy", but I am very certain the "number of wires" on the cable isn't the problem here. If all works like it should, e.g., an UDMA5 should automatically fallback to UDMA2 if the wrong cable is used. This isn't "good" and should be corrected, yes.
But we are talking about *reading* from the disc. I would be pretty amazed if a wrong cable manages to re-encrypt the data after they have been decrypted with AnyDVD.sys. :D
My bet is on Sonic "in destruction mode" again.

Okay, you are indeed the man! I'll stay away from hardware related issues from now on... (but I still believe something "strange" is going on on the software)

Well that dragtodisc or directcd stuff that was once on Fortworth's system may not be properly removed. So, that's probably a good bet as well.

I have no idea how to go about troubleshooting the proper removal of that dragtodisc software (if it wasn't removed properly with the uninstaller). I wish people would code their uninstallers properly.

Well that dragtodisc or directcd stuff that was once on Fortworth's system may not be properly removed. So, that's probably a good bet as well.

I have no idea how to go about troubleshooting the proper removal of that dragtodisc software (if it wasn't removed properly with the uninstaller). I wish people would code their uninstallers properly.

Just delete the junk from the list of lower filters in
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}"

It doesn't hurt (much) to delete all the filters (upper & lower) and reinstall AnyDVD. Don't forget to reboot! Maybe there are ancient versions of the other filters which *had* serious bugs a couple of years ago... ??

O.k., thank you. I was getting close to suggesting that, actually. :agree:

(It's not something I generally like suggesting, because all associated programs may stop functioning--or worse, the drive may become disabled in device manager, but at this point, there's really nothing much to lose I guess).

I sure would like Forthworth to try an 80 wire cable though. They aren't too expensive.

Last edited:
Back