• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

anydvd decrypts but shrink cannot compress

markymark

anydvd seems to be working correctly but shrink says "cannot continue, sector encrypted" on many many movies. beginning to think dvdfab is a better product as it can break anything it seems.

anydvd seems to be working correctly but shrink says "cannot continue, sector encrypted" on many many movies. beginning to think dvdfab is a better product as it can break anything it seems.

Click this please
(Anydvd ripper is required for some Sony/Lionsgate releases)

And no dvdfab isn't better, because it requires you to rip everything first.

Some aren't even sony. "night at the museum" does something that makes my DVD drive disappear to shrink, fab, AND anydvd. It's weird....ever heard of such a thing?

Some aren't even sony. "night at the museum" does something that makes my DVD drive disappear to shrink, fab, AND anydvd. It's weird....ever heard of such a thing?

Do steps 3 and 4 from here please.

Step 4 requires you to post information

Also do step 8 from here please

Last edited:
DVDFab

Click this please
(Anydvd ripper is required for some Sony/Lionsgate releases)

And no dvdfab isn't better, because it requires you to rip everything first.

but didn't you just point this person at the AnyDVD ripper as a solution which also rips everything first?

but didn't you just point this person at the AnyDVD ripper as a solution which also rips everything first?

That's only a required solution for some Sony/Lionsgate releases--and Shrink (and to a lesser extent, Recode).

Whereas for everything else, Anydvd ripper is not required.

DVDfab requires you to rip everything first, regardless of what third party program you're using--and regardless of what film you're using. Anydvd doesn't.

Last edited:
DVDFab vs. DVDFabDeCryptor

That's only a required solution for some Sony/Lionsgate releases--and Shrink (and to a lesser extent, Recode).

Whereas for everything else, Anydvd ripper is not required.

DVDfab requires you to rip everything first, regardless of what third party program you're using--and regardless of what film you're using. Anydvd doesn't.

I'm not starting a debate - and I realize one is expected to always wave the Slysoft flag when posting in this forum - but you should probably be sure to indicate that you are speaking of the free DVDFabDeCryptor in your comments - as opposed to the full DVDFab package, which is much more powerful with many options - and not free, of course.

as opposed to the full DVDFab package, which is much more powerful with many options

You can't directly compare Anydvd to dvdfab platinum since dvdfab platinum tries to be an all in one solution. Anydvd is primarily a decrypter. That said, I could not possibly disagree more that dvdfab (any package) offers a more powerful decrypter than Anydvd.

1. dvdfab doesn't help me when I want to play original discs on my system from other regions
2. dvdfab doesn't offer subtitle transparency on the fly when I want to watch dvd movies
3. dvdfab does not decrypt on the fly, allowing me to use almost any other program I want--faster for almost all releases (with the exception of some of the newer Sony/Lionsgate releases; and for that Anydvd ripper since 6.1.4.2 now provides full disc backups with Shrink )

dvdfab also doesn't do the following:

from http://www.slysoft.com/anydvd.html
# Prevents automatic launching of 'PC-friendly' software on video DVDs
# Allows adjustment of your monitor refresh rate for both NTSC and PAL monitors
# Allows execution of external programs on disc insertion and removal
# Allows speed control of your DVD drives
# Works transparently for the operating system: DVDs can be shared over the network and copied with the command prompt or with Windows Explorer, etc"

So purely examinging these programs as decrypters, Anydvd offers far more flexibility. And that's a fact.

If you want to argue that dvd platinum burns, converts to other formats, etc., that's good and fine, but Anydvd isn't intended do accomplish those things. dvdfab is certainly intended to decrypt, and on that level, it doesn't offer what Anydvd can.

Dvdfab's real competing product to Anydvd was dvd region +css free/dvdidle, and that program hasn't been updated since Oct. 2006; consequently it can't handle new protections. Since development on that program is on hold indefinitely it's now become freeware (for the most part).

One more additional benefit is that when you buy Anydvd, unlike dvdfab, you're not supporting the use of commercializing stolen code

Last edited:
Slysoft flag waving

Yes - like I said - I understand your total commitment to Slysoft products and don't have a problem with that. I was only pointing out the difference between the free DVDFabDeCrytor vs. DVDFab in terms of your comment in response to the original question.
I think I made it pretty clear I wasn't entering into a debate about which product may or may not be superior to the other for any given user for any given purpose in any given situation. Nor did I suggest anywhere that I considered the DVDFab product line to be superior in any way to Slysoft products.
But somehow, regardless of how carefully some of us word our posts, it turns into a "why Slysoft programs are better" string - and I'm not interested in participating in that, since it isn't related to my comments, and I don't particularly believe any specific program is always the best for all needs.

Yes - like I said - I understand your total commitment to Slysoft products

I have some serious criticisms with some of them, actually.

I was only pointing out the difference between the free DVDFabDeCrytor vs. DVDFab in terms of your comment in response to the original question

My comments actually apply to both programs (with respect to the decrypter). I do respect that dvdfab platinum does a lot of other things besides merely decrypt.

Just to add my two cents, since I've had the same problem in the past when I rip with DVD Decrypter (with AnyDVD running in the background), sometimes Shrink can't compress. So, I use CloneDVD2 to handle the entire back-up process and all is great. And, I'm pretty sure it's the Sony protections that's causing the problems.

Just to add my two cents, since I've had the same problem in the past when I rip with DVD Decrypter (with AnyDVD running in the background), sometimes Shrink can't compress. So, I use CloneDVD2 to handle the entire back-up process and all is great. And, I'm pretty sure it's the Sony protections that's causing the problems.

Yes - you are most likely correct, as AnyDVD cannot always clean out the corrupt sectors and phony files and junk sometimes inserted into commercially released dvd's on the fly - which is why you end up having to use a batch type ripper capable of cleaning up this junk - such as CloneDVD2 in conjunction with AnyDVD - or the AnyDVD ripper - or RipIt4Me - or one of the DVDFab programs.

Back