• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

doesnt work for my lost season 2 dvds

lonstar70

Windows XP Pro SP2
Anydvd 6.1.6.0

Here is the status info:
Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.1.6.0)
LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1L BL01 2007/02/09 17:09
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1661344 sectors (3244 MBytes)
Total size: 3226704 sectors (6302 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: LO20NNT1
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
Found & removed wrong DVD structure!
Found & removed Macrovision RipGuard protection!
Found & removed error zones between files!
Found & removed invalid program from program chain!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 8 bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Anyway, tried to backup with DVDshrink, Nero 7, and DVD ripper. None of them work.

DVD shrink error - "The read failed because the sector is encrypted"
Nero 7 error - "Reading disc failed" and then ejects it as if to insult me

DVDripper - "I/O error"

Try right clicking on the AnyDVD icon and using the Rip Video DVD to Harddisk... option to rip it to the hard drive first. Then try your programs on the output on the hard drive.

1. Do what SamuriHL wrote.

2. Send the ifos to Slysoft

3. Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. Select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, then your disc may be bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine.

Last edited:
I would presume then that "dvd ripper" = Anydvd ripper

Yeah, sorry. It's the dvd ripper that came with the AnyDVD program.

Anyway, I just found a solution. I downloaded Clone DVD, and somehow, that one works where the other 3 don't. Guess I'll be buying AnyDVD and Clone DVD. Thanks.

Yeah, sorry. It's the dvd ripper that came with the AnyDVD program.

Anyway, I just found a solution. I downloaded Clone DVD, and somehow, that one works where the other 3 don't. Guess I'll be buying AnyDVD and Clone DVD. Thanks.

Anydvd ripper is based on Clonedvd code. So if Clonedvd works for a full disc backup, so should Anydvd ripper. Seems pretty weird . . .

Could you please do me a favour and send the ifos to Slysoft? visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=330
(When you email Slysoft, please include a link to this thread).

If you could do that, I would really appreciate it.

No, please don't. I have Lost Season 2 (US), it works like a charm. It looks like AnyDVD isn't working *at all* (sector is encrypted indicates this).

O.k. Anydvd is working for him with Clonedvd though. :confused:

I sometimes tell people to send the .ifos because I know that in some cases people leave the boards, never come back, and then I miss the opportunity to ask; and then you don't get the .ifos (I always go by "better safe than sorry").

Back