• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Two recent CSS-free releases

DrinkLyeAndDie

Retired Moderator
Two recent releases w/o CSS or any protection are The Apocalypse (2007) & Secret War (2003 but just released on DVD).

I'm actually running across them on a fairly regular basis. Of course they are all direct-to-DVD releases with a smaller market.

Code:
Summary for drive Y: (AnyDVD 6.1.6.0)
PLEXTOR DVDRPX-760A 1.06 12/26/0609:00
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 1
Total size: 2198512 sectors (4293 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: SECRET_WAR
Media is not CSS protected.
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1 2 3 4 5 6 8!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Finally some DVD makers are getting a clue that CSS is worthless. And basically other forms of newer security is no better. Hmmm...if this keeps up, there will be no need for AnyDVD...

Of course there will be many others who will remain on the CSS/worthless security bandwagon. I guess AnyDVD is here to stay and that's a great thing indeed.

:bowdown: :bowdown: WE'RE NOT WORTHY:bowdown: :bowdown:
SLYSOFT is the SHIZNIT!!!

Two recent releases w/o CSS or any protection are The Apocalypse (2007) & Secret War (2003 but just released on DVD).

I'm actually running across them on a fairly regular basis. Of course they are all direct-to-DVD releases with a smaller market.

Code:
Summary for drive Y: (AnyDVD 6.1.6.0)
PLEXTOR DVDRPX-760A 1.06 12/26/0609:00
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 1
Total size: 2198512 sectors (4293 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: SECRET_WAR
Media is not CSS protected.
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1 2 3 4 5 6 8!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

With this title indicated as single layer and region free - one would wonder if it really isn't a legitimate studio release . . . .

With this title indicated as single layer and region free - one would wonder if it really isn't a legitimate studio release . . . .

It is a legitimate studio release. The movie is from 2003 but Timeless Media Group just released it on DVD.

I buy a lot of DVDs but I also visit the local Movie Gallery to check out direct-to-DVD movies that I would otherwise never hear of. If I rent and watch a decent one I'll end up buying it later. In a majority of cases direct-to-DVD releases like these are single layer DVDs which shouldn't be all too surprising since they won't make nearly as much money as a box office release and lack bonus features.

Nonetheless, I am finding more and more of these releases to be not protected. Of course, the majority will be protected and I don't expect that to change. I think another one I ran across awhile ago was Android Apocalypse - starring Joseph Lawrence from Blossom - which was apparently a made-for-TV movie in 2006. I never heard of it being aired but saw when it was released on DVD in 2007.

Last edited:
Finally some DVD makers are getting a clue that CSS is worthless. And basically other forms of newer security is no better. Hmmm...if this keeps up, there will be no need for AnyDVD...

Of course there will be many others who will remain on the CSS/worthless security bandwagon. I guess AnyDVD is here to stay and that's a great thing indeed.

:bowdown: :bowdown: WE'RE NOT WORTHY:bowdown: :bowdown:
SLYSOFT is the SHIZNIT!!!

I know several CSS free DVDs, usually from smaller (non-US) studios, and quite a few AACS free HD DVDs from several smaller (non-US) studios, including "enemies at the gates", "two brothers", "running scared" and "perfume - history of a murder". On Blu-ray discs AACS is mandatory (stupid sickos), so you won't see AACS free BDs (more money for AACS LA... where SONY is a key member... )

POLITICAL COMMENT
Avoid BD. It sucks. It is very dangerous to support a format, where the *key* promotor is a content provider and a standard provider and a copy protection provider and a consumer electronics provider!
/POLITICAL COMMENT

POLITICAL COMMENT
Avoid BD. It sucks. It is very dangerous to support a format, where the *key* promotor is a content provider and a standard provider and a copy protection provider and a consumer electronics provider!
/POLITICAL COMMENT
Very, very well said!

:bowdown: :clap: :agree:

POLITICAL COMMENT
/POLITICAL COMMENT

go on, don't hold back,tell us what you really think

:D

I'd like to add my political 2-cents ... what ever happened to the caveat that foriegn companies cannot own interest in American Media. :mad: :disagree: It wasn't just meant to protect us from subtle propaganda and provide us with impartial news broadcasting, ... financing, producing and distributing Hollywood movies is a great influence too.

They should be limited to making and selling hardware products and expelled/exorcised from their content interests in the US.

Whisperer

Last edited:
Back