• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Release v2.9.18.550

Shortcuts

Great work GJ Team all good now with the shortcuts, plus love the program :d

Freak

Unfortunately, this still does not resolve an issue I have with creating new profiles by right clicking on the icon on my desktop and selecting "convert to Game Jackal profile". All my new profiles created in this manner try to load
maplom_sc.exe, which is a file that doesn't exist on my system. GameJackal_cl.exe is on my system.

This issue might depend upon where Game Jackal is installed on one's system. On mine, it's installed here:
C:\Program Files\SlySoft\Game Jackal

I notice, by default, on other systems Game Jackal is being installed in c:\program files\maplom

So this issue might depend on whether the user upgraded over a pre-existing installation.

The List index out of bounds (-1) bug is now fixed, however.

Last edited:
Hey Webslinger, here's a little something I just knocked up. See if it eases your shortcutting woes.

Loonie's Shortcutificator

Click on the title to make a GJ shortcut, press esc to exit.

Edit: I wouldn't use this with the pre-SlySoft GJ, it probably won't work with it.

Last edited:
Hey Webslinger, here's a little something I just knocked up. See if it eases your shortcutting woes.

Loonie's Shortcutificator

Oh wow, thank you for the effort! I'm just reporting the problems I come across for a couple of reasons:

1. To let devs know (so if it is a bug, which I think it is, because I've been able to reproduce the issue on more than one system)
2. To let others know (in case they feel they are alone)

My apologies if my bug reports are making you try to fix the program (very sorry). :eek:

According to the release version number this one doesn't have much in it but glad to see some improvements being made! Also hoping that probs with creating profiles with the games posted in the respective thread will be sorted soon :)

P.S. Is there any way the change log for all programs could elaborate on "Minor fixes and improvements"? It's just for us curious lot :D

Actually, I had just started making it as a workaround to the shortcut problem, which was annoying me. When the update came out, I had the thing 90% done, so I just finished it off anyway. Besides, if the new GJ is still pointing shortcuts to maplom_sc.exe, this program should still prove useful.

It's also stupidly easy to use, 'cause it's just a standalone exe.

Also, it's sort of groundwork for a launcher/profiler type thing which will be used in conjunction with HideJack for particularly stubborn SuckuROM games.

Edit: I've just installed the latest GJ on another computer (which didn't have the initial slysoft release on it), and I've noticed that unlike the first release, version 2.9.18.505 doesn't create an "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SlySoft\GameJackal\Maplom Path" key as the first release did. In fact, there's no path information in the SlySoft registry at all, so my program will use the default install path. Return that registry key, you... you... developers, you! ...otherwise, I'll be forced to do a brute-force search for the exe location.

Edit2: On this build, at least on this computer, it appears the shortcut problem has indeed been fixed. I'll verify that this is still the case when I install the update over the SlySoft original release on my laptop tonight. I must say, the turnaround for this bug was pretty quick, it looks like its new home is full of promise.

God it's good to have GameJackal back! Feel the enthusiasm! Feel the love!

Last edited:
I never had GameJackal installed before Slysoft released v2.9.18.445 and I've updated to 2.9.18.550. I cannot say if the shortcuts were messed up with the 1st release since I honestly hadn't even used it yet. But, with v2.9.18.550 if I create a desktop shortcut it points to GameJackal_cl.exe as it should.

I never had GameJackal installed before Slysoft released v2.9.18.445 and I've updated to 2.9.18.550. I cannot say if the shortcuts were messed up with the 1st release since I honestly hadn't even used it yet. But, with v2.9.18.550 if I create a desktop shortcut it points to GameJackal_cl.exe as it should.

Are you creating new profiles by right clicking on the icon on your desktop and selecting "convert to Game Jackal profile"? All my new profiles created in this manner try to load maplom_sc.exe, which is a file that doesn't exist on my system. GameJackal_cl.exe is on my system.

But I did have the older GJ on my systems, before updating to the Slysoft version. And I can reproduce this issue on two different XP systems.

Last edited:
Are you creating new profiles by right clicking on the icon on your desktop and selecting "convert to Game Jackal profile"? All my new profiles created in this manner try to load maplom_sc.exe, which is a file that doesn't exist on my system. GameJackal_cl.exe is on my system.

Sorry, I'm wrong. You are correct. From within Game Jackal it doesn't happen. But using the Convert command from an existing shortcut does point to maplom_sc.exe.

Sorry, I'm wrong. You are correct. From within Game Jackal it doesn't happen. But using the Convert command from an existing shortcut does point to maplom_cl.exe.

Yeah, that's what I thought.

On some people's systems (if they upgrade over existing versions), maplom_cl.exe will still exist--and if the game they are trying to run just uses a disc check of some sort, their profile will still work (so they may think everything is fine). However, in the case of NWN2, unless the profile on the desktop actually points to GameJackal_cl.exe, the profile will not work (as the protection is Securom 7.2--and not a simple disc check).

This release is definitely a quickie to patch the "shortcut" bug.

Now that this is corrected we will see how fast Slysoft is on the case of other issues :D

Checking on something

Has anyone tried making start menu shortcuts work as profiles? I did that with some of my games with Maplom GJ, but Slysoft's won't let me.

Mostly an fyi. for version 2.9.18.545, at least one of the tips below the "My Game Profiles" window needs to be updated. It had a web address of http://www.gamejackal.com/forums/index.php" or something like that. This is probably something that can easily be overlooked.

Updating to 2.9.18.550 now.

SlySoft should include a maplom.exe and maplom_sc.exe with their release that will adjust the shortcut that initiated it accordingly. Of course they can't change all the shortcuts automatically, because they could be anywhere, but they could include exe files with those names, with the purpose of adjusting whatever shortcut launched it.

Yeah, that's what I thought.

On some people's systems (if they upgrade over existing versions), maplom_cl.exe will still exist--and if the game they are trying to run just uses a disc check of some sort, their profile will still work (so they may think everything is fine). However, in the case of NWN2, unless the profile on the desktop actually points to GameJackal_cl.exe, the profile will not work (as the protection is Securom 7.2--and not a simple disc check).

So are you saying that If I install my slysoft version over my older version , which I've not done yet, then 1) I'll have to re-profiile NWN2 to get it to work., 2) NWN2 will work OK once re-profiled.

So are you saying that If I install my slysoft version over my older version , which I've not done yet, then 1) I'll have to re-profiile NWN2 to get it to work.

No. That's not what I'm saying at all.

That said, you shouldn't have to re-profile.

2) NWN2 will work OK once re-profiled.

My NWN2 profile is working.

What I am saying is that a bug exists where if you create a profile from your desktop and right click that profile on your desktop, under properties you may find "maplom_cl.exe" when it should really be "GameJackal_cl.exe".

Last edited:
This is what he means:

gjs.jpg

Back