• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Apocalypto - still program crashes with AnyDVD 6.1.6.0

defaude

Hi,

I tried to play the DVD after I updated my AnyDVD version, but still some errors!

Power DVD XP 4.0 which is necessary for DVD comparissons DON'T play the disc with activated AnyHDDVD 6.1.6.0 ---> Program crash!!

Win DVD play the disc, but the timecode is flimmering!!!

Win DVD played the disc before without AnyDVD, so where is the improvement in the new version of AnyDVD in case of the new protection at the german Apocalypto DVD?

I don't see it! I don't want to copy it, so please don't say to me now "Hohohoho but 6.1.6.0 can copy it", I want to be able to SEE the DVD CORRECTLY in my installed software, as I could expect it before when using AnyDVD on a protected disc!

Webslinger,

You mentioned some things in the old thread after closing it:

3. dvdfab does not decrypt on the fly, allowing me to use almost any other program I want--faster for almost all releases (with the exception of some of the newer Sony/Lionsgate releases; and for that Anydvd ripper since 6.1.4.2 now provides full disc backups with Shrink )

I don't get that on my PC :disagree: with AnyDVD, even VLC player crashes with activated 6.1.6.0 when I try to play the Apocalypto DVD.

Power DVD XP 4.0 which is necessary for DVD comparissons DON'T play the disc with activated AnyHDDVD 6.1.6.0 ---> Program crash!!

I'm pretty sure the Slysoft developers are using Powerdvd 7.3 Ultra.

I'll try to contact one of them.

Last edited:
I should add that i'm talking about the german DVD, because now the thread is in the english forum :bowdown:

I should add that i'm talking about the german DVD, because now the thread is in the english forum :bowdown:

Yes, region 2 . . .

I believe James has the disc (well, at least I have reason to believe he does). I also have reason to believe he owns
Powerdvd 7.3 ultra.

Hi,

I tried to play the DVD after I updated my AnyDVD version, but still some errors!

Win DVD play the disc, but the timecode is flimmering!!!

Win DVD played the disc before without AnyDVD, so where is the improvement in the new version of AnyDVD in case of the new protection at the german Apocalypto DVD?

I don't see it! I don't want to copy it, so please don't say to me now "Hohohoho but 6.1.6.0 can copy it", I want to be able to SEE the DVD CORRECTLY in my installed software, as I could expect it before when using AnyDVD on a protected disc!
No problem with PowerDVD 7.3 Ultra, ZoomPlayer, TheaterTek, Microsoft Windows Media Player. Plays fine, just like it should. Don't know about PowerDVD 4, or WinDVD, or...

EDIT: Just tried WinDVD8, just for you. No problem either.

Last edited:

And should be in the AnyDVD HD section or is this a regular DVD?

No. It's a regular dvd-video (with protect-video-dvd protection on it).

AnyDVD reports it as X-Protect, just to spread some fun. :D
(It looks like Protect DVD and X-Protect are different protections, but nobody seems to know for sure...)

AnyDVD reports it as X-Protect, just to spread some fun. :D
(It looks like Protect DVD and X-Protect are different protections, but nobody seems to know for sure...)

I thought X-Protect was name of the company that developed Protect-dvd. But I'm not sure either.

No problem with PowerDVD 7.3 Ultra, ZoomPlayer, TheaterTek, Microsoft Windows Media Player. Plays fine, just like it should. Don't know about PowerDVD 4, or WinDVD, or...

EDIT: Just tried WinDVD8, just for you. No problem either.

Well, case closed then . . . :clap:

Well, case closed then . . . :clap:

It should be, yes.

(1) PowerDVD 4 XP hasn't had an update patch released since 2003.8.22. That's a long time and a possible problem/cause.

(2) I don't recall seeing what version of WinDVD they used. I reread and I don't see it mentioned. If it's an old version that may be a possible problem/cause.

(3) I'd like to see the the results of defaude viewing the DVD with a freeware DVD player software (ie Windows Media Player 10/11, Media Player Classic, etc). Trying Windows Media Player is most important, though, because James confirms that it works.

If there is still a problem even after trying Windows Media Player then the problem is likely system-related (ie an incompatibility) rather than the fault of PowerDVD 4 XP.

Last edited:
(3) I'd like to see the the results of defaude viewing the DVD with a freeware DVD player software (ie Windows Media Player 10/11, Media Player Classic, etc). Trying Windows Media Player is most important, though, because James confirms that it works.

I will try that.

Back