• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Doesn't GameJackal support Windows Vista ?

xantarion

Huh! Just checked the slysoft.com page for information on gj.
It says "Supportes OS: Windows 98/98SE/ME/2000/XP" .. not Vista?? :rolleyes:
How can you release a "new" program today and not supporting Vista? ... maby that's the reason for my bsod on profiling nw2..

Huh! Just checked the slysoft.com page for information on gj.
It says "Supportes OS: Windows 98/98SE/ME/2000/XP" .. not Vista?? :rolleyes:
How can you release a "new" program today and not supporting Vista? ... maby that's the reason for my bsod on profiling nw2..

Oh? I didn't realize it doesn't work with Vista. I guess that information was changed recently.

Would be nice to get a confirmation from Slysoft on this, though.. :policeman:

is it just the 64 bit it doesn't work with just now :confused:

Well I'd like to see it listed in the official spec before I put down any money for it. Even if it does work, not being listed could put it into the "unsupported" world, which is where it stands now anyway.

Well I'd like to see it listed in the official spec before I put down any money for it. Even if it does work, not being listed could put it into the "unsupported" world, which is where it stands now anyway.

heres what it says

Code:
System Requirements
IBM-compatible PC with a minimum 500 MHz Pentium-class microprocessor and 64 MB RAM
Windows 98/98SE/ME/2000/XP
2 MB hard-disk space

I suspect that it is a typo which still hasn't been corrected and that make alarm bells in my head ring a little bit.

As KingDazza reported, it works on Vista Home Premium 32-bit so why is it not mentioned on the product page? :confused:

yes..it does

SOFTWARE: Game Jackal v2.9
CORE VERSION: 2.0
CLIENT VERSION: 2.9.18.550
DRIVER VERSION: 2.9.18.505
PLATFORM: 2000, XP and Vista
DATE: 2007-06-04

This is listed in the install notes when installing

I suspect that it is a typo which still hasn't been corrected and that make alarm bells in my head ring a little bit.

That was my first thoughts too. I posted this thread after getting bsod everytime i tried to profile nwn2. This question is solves then. Thnx nwasend for reading the installnotes :clap:

So to recap, GJ will run on Vista 64-bit? If not, would you happen to know when it will be able to?

I'm a little new at this, it will run in Vista 32-bit though? Will GJ work with Battlefield 2142, Quake 4, Doom 3, Command and Conquere Generals and Zero Hour, Civilization 4, Halo 2, and Command and Conquere 3? I know thats a big list, but those are the games that I have (or will be getting), and I want to make sure it will work on my computer (my Vista 32-bit comp. is down, so I can't test it with the trial). Also I'm guessing that like AnyDVD (which I love) as the games get different encription methods, slysoft is going to keep coming up with updates to by-pass them, in other words, they are going to keep supporting GJ in the future, they aren't going to do what the Australian company did?

I'm a little new at this, it will run in Vista 32-bit though?

According to the website, it does.

As for your game list, check the stickies at the top of the forum--or simply try the trial.

they aren't going to do what the Australian company did?

Slysoft will be continuing development of the program. I doubt you have much to worry about as far as that goes.

Back