• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Slow?

DVDspin

I'm trying to back up a DVD with CloneDVD/AnyDVD and it seems to be going quite slowly(About 80 min). Is this my drive or is that a regular speed?

5. My drive is a Matshita DVD-RAM UJ-850S. Not sure which firmware. I'm running Vista home premium.
6. I should have mentioned it, but this is just the ripping stage, not burning yet.
7. N/A

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.1.6.0)
MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-850S 1.60 61120UKMEHA98359382
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2014176 sectors (3933 MBytes)
Total size: 4026905 sectors (7865 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: SIMPSONS_SEASON6_DISC3
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Bad sector protection not found.

As for DMA, I'm not sure. Where should I look in the device manager? I checked but couldn't see any IDE channels. See the attached image.

Attachments

• device.PNG
    device.PNG
    14 KB · Views: 6
5. My drive is a Matshita DVD-RAM UJ-850S.

Matshita drives are Panasonic (OEM) drives and tend to be cheap junk, which is why laptop companies and oem builders love them (because the drives don't cost much). They also suffer from region coding issues: visit here

If the disc you are attempting to rip is, in some manner, damaged that will also increase ripping time required.

As for DMA, I'm not sure. Where should I look in the device manager? I checked but couldn't see any IDE channels.

How to enable DMA in Vista (click here)

Last edited:
Ok, on both of the "ATA channel 0" entries DMA is enabled.

Well again, if the original disc is damaged in some manner ripping is going to take awhile or may not work at all.

Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. Select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine.

Also do step 4 from here

Matshita drives in general though should be avoided (just an fyi in the future). I hate troubleshooting issues with them, because half the time the issue is with the drive.

OK here are the filters.

Filter Check Tool v3.4

An Upper Filter found is: SiRemFil
Filterdriver properties are:

An Upper Filter found is: Cdralw2k

A Lower Filter found is: ElbyDelay
Name: ElbyDelay
Caption: ElbyDelay
Description: ElbyDelay
AcceptPause: False
AcceptStop: True
DesktopInteract: False
DisplayName: ElbyDelay
ErrorControl: Normal
ExitCode: 0
PathName: C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\ElbyDelay.sys
Version Info: 5.1.0.1
ServiceSpecificExitCode: 0
ServiceType: Kernel Driver
Started: True
StartMode: Manual
StartName:
State: Running
TagId: 0

A Lower Filter found is: AnyDVD
Name: AnyDVD
Caption: AnyDVD
Description: AnyDVD
DisplayName: AnyDVD
PathName: C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\AnyDVD.sys
Version Info: 6.1.6.0
StartMode: Manual
StartName:

A Lower Filter found is: PxHelp20
Name: PxHelp20
Caption: PxHelp20
Description: PxHelp20
DisplayName: PxHelp20
PathName: C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\PxHelp20.sys
Version Info: 3.0.43.9
StartMode: Boot
StartName:

A Lower Filter found is: Cdr4_xp
Name: Cdr4_xp
Caption: Cdr4_xp
Description: Cdr4_xp
DisplayName: Cdr4_xp
PathName: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\Cdr4_xp.sys
Version Info: 8.0.0.212
StartMode: System
StartName:
TagId: 6

Filter driver for Silicon Image SATALink controllers . . .

Hmm. Might be an issue. I'm not sure yet.

Used by Roxio Easy Media Creator, WinOnCD 6

This probably isn't an issue, but it might be.

A Lower Filter found is: Cdr4_xp

Used by Roxio Easy Media Creator, WinOnCD 6, DragtoDisc and DirectCD

Cdr4_xp is really bad news and needs to go.

1. Uninstall dragtodisc or directcd. Don't use packet writing software. If you want that type of functionality use dvd-ram instead.

2. If uninstalling didn't remove cdr4_xp from your filters, figure out what did install it, and uninstall that program. Reboot. Ensure cdr4_xp is no longer listed in your filters and try ripping again.

3. Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. Select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine.

If Nero cd-dvd speed is reporting read errors there's no point troubleshooting this issue.

Last edited:
Ok, I'm doing the scan now. I should be doing this with AnyDVD enabled right?

Ok, there are no read errors. But just to confirm that my drive isn't at a regular speed, Nero cd speed was reading at about 3x and I tried another program to make an ISO file and it read at about 2x. Are there normal speeds?

Ok, there are no read errors. But just to confirm that my drive isn't at a regular speed, Nero cd speed was reading at about 3x and I tried another program to make an ISO file and it read at about 2x. Are there normal speeds?

It's possible your burner has some kind of ripspeed lock. If so, it might be possible to disable it, but I'm not really familiar with that burner.

Again,

1. Uninstall dragtodisc or directcd. Don't use packet writing software. If you want that type of functionality use dvd-ram instead.

2. If uninstalling didn't remove cdr4_xp from your filters, figure out what did install it, and uninstall that program. Reboot. Ensure cdr4_xp is no longer listed in your filters and try ripping again.

And if that doesn't work, then I'm out of ideas (other than trying to see what the max ripping speed is of your burner--or trying to see if there is some kind of riplock).

I checked the specs on Sony's website (Vaio laptop) and it said:
DVD+R DL Write: 4x max.
DVD+R Write: 8x max.
DVD+RW Write: 8x max.
DVD-R Write: 8x max.
DVD-RW Write: 6x max.
CD-R Write: 24x max.
CD-RW Write: 16x max.
DVD±RW: Yes (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/DVD-RAM)
CD Read: 24x max.
DVD Read: 8x max.
DVD-RAM Write: 5x max.
DVD-R DL Write: 4x max.
DVD-RAM Read: 5x max.

I'm doing the CDspeed benchmark now, if the results don't compare I'll get rid of the Roxio software of my computer.

DVDspin said:
I'm doing the CDspeed benchmark now, if the results don't compare I'll get rid of the Roxio software of my computer.

Doesn't matter if they compare or not. cdr4_xp in your filters needs to go, regardless. You're just asking for problems with Directcd or Dragtodisc on your system.

Ok, I removed Roxio. It got rid of the cdr4_xp filter, but now windows can't see my drive... An device manager shows an error, see included image.

Attachments

• problem.jpg
    problem.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 5
Ok, I removed Roxio. It got rid of the cdr4_xp filter, but now windows can't see my drive... An device manager shows an error, see included image.

Try deleting the drive from device manager and rebooting.

You used the uninstaller for the program right (and didn't manually delete files)?

I used the uninstaller, I'll try removing from the device manager.

And you can have Roxio, just not the Drag-to-Disc part of it. That interferes with AnyDVD.

Back