• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blu-ray disc 'Stomp the Yard' won't play!

roog

I just got the Blu-ray version of 'Stomp the Yard'. As always, I tried to play it first using PowerDVD Ultra 7.3 (2605b w/patch 2605n applied) and AnyDVD HD 6.1.4.3 enabled, but it wouldn't play.

First, I upgraded AnyDVD HD to 6.1.4.5, but it still wouldn't play. Of course, I immediately suspected that it must be using the latest AACS protection, so I upraded PowerDVD Ultra to the absolute latest version and still it would not work.

I then went to my home theater setup, which is HDCP compliant, and has an almost identical PC connected to it, and tried the movie there. Still no luck. I then upgraded as I did with the other PC, and tried to play after each installation, but got the same results.

Frustrated, I tried to play the disc on my PS3 and it worked fine. Then I unstalled AnyDVD HD on the home theater PC, and tried to play again, but still no luck.

As another test, I connected my Blu-ray PC to my HDTV and tried to play the disc. It wouldn't play with the original disc inserted no matter whether I had AnyDVD HD installed or not.

Next, I tried to play the .m2ts files directly, using PowerDVD Ultra, and I was able to play the main movie, but there was no audio. I tried this also with the other .m2ts files but any file associated with the main movie had no audio.

At this point, I don't know what to do. I think the finger points to PowerDVD Ultra but I would appreciate other input before I go their support route.

Last edited:
I tried AnyDVD HD Beta 6.1.5.1 but I still have the same problems with 'Stomp the Yard'.

I have also entered a support ticket with Cyberlink but have not received a reply yet.

Cyberlink replied, but only with instructions on how to upgrade to PowerDVD 2911. Their instructions didn't work but, using the full version provided by bingobill, I finally got it to install.

After all this, 'Stomp the Yard' Blu-ray still would not play successfully.

On the Slysoft side, it backs up fine using AnyDVD HD. After ripping, it's the same size as the files on the disc.

At this point, I'm 99.9% sure that the problem is with PowerDVD.

Last edited:
Finally figured out how to play Blu-ray using Nero and, guess what, the .m2ts file for 'Stomp the Yard' plays with audio. It's still unwatchable, though, because the audio is out of sync.

As for PDVDU, I'm now 100% sure that my problem lies there.

I'm having this problem too. I get an error on PDVD 7.3 with 2911 patch. The error message is "mismatch between disc and player region code". I'm using the latest version of AnyDVD HD 6.1.6.0.

Any ideas? Is it really a PDVD problem?

I'm having this problem too. I get an error on PDVD 7.3 with 2911 patch. The error message is "mismatch between disc and player region code". I'm using the latest version of AnyDVD HD 6.1.6.0.

Any ideas? Is it really a PDVD problem?

When you go to Settings --> Video Blu-Ray, tick the box that says "Remove Blu-Ray Region Code" and you will read that you need to set the region in AnyDVD HD to that of the disc. If "Automatic" mode does not help then you can try set the region manually :) Good luck! :D

I tried setting it manually to A, B, and C and none of them work. Automatic did not work either.

I tried setting it manually to A, B, and C and none of them work. Automatic did not work either.

I am becoming more and more convinced that PowerDVD is causing this problem. It could be an incompatibility bug or an error with the way PDVD handles that particular disc. I would wait for a response from Cyberlink if I were you :agree:

Roog,

Did you ever hear back from Cyberlink? If so, what did they say?

Thanks

Roog,

Thanks

I am sure that Roog will kindly share (and make us laugh in the process, most likely) the knowledge from the response received from Cyberlink, when that happens that is! :)

Roog,

Thanks

I have received replies in the past for general issues, but apparently they don't respond to specific movie issues.

I have received replies in the past for general issues, but apparently they don't respond to specific movie issues.

In my opinion they damn well should respond to specific movie issues. All concepts of a DVD, whether it is a DVD, HDDVD or Blu-Ray adhere to standards. Therefore, I think, companies that develop software to playback these formats must work around and accommodate any and all titles :agree:

In my opinion they damn well should respond to specific movie issues. All concepts of a DVD, whether it is a DVD, HDDVD or Blu-Ray adhere to standards. Therefore, I think, companies that develop software to playback these formats must work around and accommodate any and all titles :agree:

The replies that I have received in the past were probably what they send to everyone who reports an issue with a particular build.

Was there any resolution to this problem?? As mine doesn't work either....:mad:

There is a totally new version of PVD Ultra available, I got it after contacting Cyberlink support for a BDJ (Java) problem.

When it comes to blu-ray the main problem is that the standards keep changing, and thats why people have a problem when a new disc comes out. It's the same with the settop players, they keep having to do firmware upgrades every time some does something new with the blu-ray java

'Stomp the Yard' Blu-ray finally works!

Was there any resolution to this problem?? As mine doesn't work either....:mad:

The problem has been resolved. 'Stomp the Yard' finally works with patch version 3104a for PowerDVD Ultra.:clap:

You can get it at the Cyberlink website via the Downloads tab.

The problem has been resolved. 'Stomp the Yard' finally works with patch version 3104a for PowerDVD Ultra.:clap:

You can get it at the Cyberlink website via the Downloads tab.

I still cannot get it to play. I get a error message that says "mismatch between disc and player region code". I have the latest patch and I'm loading the movie from the folder on the hard drive.

I still cannot get it to play. I get a error message that says "mismatch between disc and player region code". I have the latest patch and I'm loading the movie from the folder on the hard drive.

Have you checked the region code setting in AnyDVD HD? Try setting it to remove region code.

Back