• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Anydvd (HD) 6.8.9.0 RELEASE

Thanks, guess I've never had a read error with AnyDVD scanning to see the dialog box pop up.

It is curious to this non-tech guy that with all the read errors with dirty/scratched DVDs I get in CloneDVD, that I have never had one in AnyDVD. They must be reading different info???

Only scan DVD's. Scans now run 30-45 seconds for 7 - 8 Gb dual layer retail discs. The prior version seemed to run half that, but I never actually timed before now.

Thanks, guess I've never had a read error with AnyDVD scanning to see the dialog box pop up.

It is curious to this non-tech guy that with all the read errors with dirty/scratched DVDs I get in CloneDVD, that I have never had one in AnyDVD. They must be reading different info???
Notice the key word (now in bold) in my earlier response:

It's not a setting; it's a dialog box that appears when read errors occur in the AnyDVD ripper.
The AnyDVD ripper is a separate program included with AnyDVD proper; think of it as a simpler, dumbed-down version of CloneDVD, but with BD support added (CloneDVD won't clone BDs). Until this update (or perhaps a beta or two before), if a read error occurred it would retry a set number of times and then abort the copy. Now, you'd get the Windows version of the old DOS "Abort, Retry, Ignore?" message--except you use CloneDVD instead.

I doubt this behavior extends to the initial scan AnyDVD performs on all inserted discs. However, the odds of an error occurring on that scan are much lower; it only scans a few key places such as encryption keys, the disc table of contents, directories, JAR files for BDs, and key locations for DVD structural protections. The scan takes longer for DVDs than BDs because there's no known structural protection for BDs (though Sony BD-Java protection is sometimes mistakenly called "structural").

Last edited:
Nitpick of the day: When you select Rip to Image, the "Go" button says "Copy DVD". It should say Copy Disc (AFAIK it says "Copy DVD" whether DVD, BD, or HDDVD disc).

TIA for fixing it! :)

that's up to the one who translated the language file.

or to the one in his native language (if non-english), but posted it here in english so everyone could read it / understand the problem :p

Issue with DVD Catalyst 4.1.2.0

I don't always update to every patch, so a week ago I went from AnyDVD HD 6.8.8.0 to 6.8.9.0 and it caused bad behavior using Tools4Movies DVD Catalyst version 4.1.2.0. It causes "Drive X removed" messages when scanning to crop area and will then stop prior to converting the DVD to the .mp4.

I tried a couple of the settings in DVD Catalyst to use a slower mode, plus I tried AnyDVD Aggressive I/O on and off, with no luck. Only when I downgraded to AnyDVD HD 6.8.8.0, did it work again as expected.

So something changed between 6.8.8.0 and 6.8.9.0. I'll try the next version, but make sure I always have 6.8.8.0 to fall back on.

Regards,
Brian

Update to the latest beta, 6.8.9.0 had some problems.

The latest beta is 6.8.9.2. If you still have problems after upgrading please create and post a system log for the developers to assist in finding out what the problem might be.

Which is why it's NOT a ripoff of jdobbs' work (i.e., BD-RB). BD-RB takes the time to build a proper BD disc structure without the trailers so it doesn't have to do quite as much re-encoding to reach its goal (i.e., shrinking a BD50 down to BD25); AnyDVD HD merely skips them on-the-fly while playing the actual BD.

And even if the feature is eventually included in CloneBD (a more apt comparison), that does NOT necessarily mean it was copied from BD-RB; I'm sure there's more than one way to skin that cat. ;)
I don't get all this "ripoff" talk anyway. Who cares? It's not like removing extras is some new and unique idea. It has been happening in DVDs for years. Just because two programs do something similar it doesn't mean there is any "ripping off" involved. If that were the case pretty much all the code written in the last half-century would fall suspect.

Last edited:
I don't get all this "ripoff" talk anyway. Who cares? It's not like removing extras is some new and unique idea. It has been happening in DVDs for years. Just because two programs do something similar it doesn't mean there is any "ripping off" involved. If that were the case pretty much all the code written in the last half-century would fall suspect.

Agreed. Thank you for your comment and your excellent work. :)

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Back