• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

FEAR 1.08 Gold Edition

MarkRacer

1. 2.9.18.545

2. F.E.A.R. Gold Edition

3. 1.08

4. DVD

5. US

6. SecuROM 7.00.00.0128

7. Windows XP Pro SP2

8. AMD 3700

9. emulation detected - please deactivate virtual drive and emulation
software.

Note - I uninstalled virtual clone drive and I still get the same message in #9. I do not have any other emulation software installed.

:bowdown: :bowdown: WE'RE NOT WORTHY:bowdown: :bowdown:
SLYSOFT is the SHIZNIT!!!

I'm pretty sure this does work, because I had Fear Extraction Point running with the older version of Game Jackal.

Do you have Clonecd tray running? Exit it
How about Alcohol 120% or Daemon Tools? Disable their virtual drives.

Have you tried exiting Anydvd and creating a profile?

Last edited:
I stopped both AnyDVD and CloneCD tray. I don't use Alcohol 120 or Daemon tools. And still I'm getting the same message.

I most certainly appreciate your quick reply!!!

Hey, MarkRacer i just got FEAR 1.08 to work multi and single player-do not auto create profile!!;) 8) if you did?

Provided the game works with the original disc in your drive, you're probably profiling the wrong .exe file.

So far I'm still not able to get FEAR to work. I attempted not using auto create profile with no luck. BTW, I've already loaded about 20 games in game jackal with no problems.

I really appreciate the help:)

So far I'm still not able to get FEAR to work. I attempted not using auto create profile with no luck. BTW, I've already loaded about 20 games in game jackal with no problems.

I really appreciate the help:)

What ".exe" file are you profiling from?

strange? i noticed you installed to default directory, i didnt but i dont think thats your ??issue?? if your using a ??backed up?? copy this may be:agree: Or try a fresh install if your up to it, if you double checked what webslinger suggested!!;)

I've doubled and tripled checked things and nothing. The copy is an original disc. I may try to uninstall FEAR and reinstall. However, the game runs fine from the disc.

Thanks again!!!
Mark:D

I've doubled and tripled checked things and nothing. The copy is an original disc. I may try to uninstall FEAR and reinstall. However, the game runs fine from the disc.

Thanks again!!!
Mark:D

I can't remember . . . Does fear.exe run the game or does it run that popup console thing first?

Can you disconnect from the internet and reprofile after disabling your firewall and antivirus programs?

Last edited:
Webslinger, it will run from both but when you put in the disc "DVD" the console window does appear with option to play

Webslinger, it will run from both but when you put in the disc "DVD" the console window does appear with option to play

My point is that no one should even be profiling the files that create pop-up windows. The file that should be profiled, generally, is the one that actually launches the game (and not whatever stuff comes before the game).

Securerom is affected by timing issues. Consequently, if it takes you longer to click "launch game" or whatever than normal, the profile will fail. You can help eliminate this issue by not profiling files that load setup screens/launch screens, etc.

Last edited:
I see what your saying i used the .Exe "5.17mb" with v108 in the game directory:) this went straight to the game

Last edited:
I see what your saying i used the .Exe "5.17mb" with v108 in the game directory:) this went straight to the game

Are you using the gold edition (DVD) of FEAR? Just curious...

Well, I'm using the gold DVD edition with XP Pro and it's a no go... Hopefully, future updates will cure this issue.

Back