• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

ResQMan428

(APS) Error on Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. Will not make copy does this program not remove the APS Protection ??:confused:

Please read the 7th sticky down and post a logfile. Thanks!

-W (no problems here)

Can I guess what you're using?

(APS) Error on Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. Will not make copy does this program not remove the APS Protection ??:confused:

You are getting an error that looks like an OEM burning product message using AnyDVD on-the-fly. If you are not using CloneDVD get used to this.

You will need to use the "rip video DVD to hard disc..." option on the right mouse menu on the AnyDVD tray fox and then burn from the Hard Drive and NOT the DVD.

We offer CloneDVD2 as the ideal partner product for AnyDVD as it does not have this limitation.

From here:

http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvd.html

- Decrypts without the need to save the data onto your hard-disk

- Decrypts 'on the fly'

- Works with all DVD copying, such as CloneDVD, and all DVD player software

Those features should be removed from the list since AnyDVD no longer can make a 1:1 copy and work on the fly with all discs.

OK. I have used AnyDVD for awhile. I am getting the APS error and have reloaded the Original DVD several times. No small feat as it "reads 67.6 GB. AnyDVD has scanned it with the following results.

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.8.8.0)
TSSTCORP CDDVDW TS-L633C TF02 TF
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Current profile: DVD-ROM
Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1980016 sectors (3867 MBytes)
Total size: 3955088 sectors (7724 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: Pirates_Of_The_Carribean_4_USA_DES
Media is CSS protected!
Media is locked to region(s): 1 4!
Video Standard: NTSC

Using local database!
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
Found & removed invalid program from program chain!
RCE protection not found.
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Removed CSS copy protection!
Found & removed 14 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Using the Clone DVD program, it finds and repairs the defective file structure and begins the cloning process Halfway into it, I get the voice "Oh no ..................." and it tells me that it cannot copy a file protected DVD. So, apparently, there is a protection on the files that AnyDVD did not remove. Clone DVD identifies it as an Analog Protection or APS.

Not being a computer Marine, can anyone help me with this?

Thanks.

The reason it lists 67.6GB is because the disc has structural protection, it's the studios way to mess with the dos file structure to fool windows. However without a logfile neither anydvd nor clonedvd nor slysoft will be able to help you. I suggest you read the stickies on how to provide one

OK. I have used AnyDVD for awhile. I am getting the APS error and have reloaded the Original DVD several times. No small feat as it "reads 67.6 GB. AnyDVD has scanned it with the following results.

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.8.8.0)
TSSTCORP CDDVDW TS-L633C TF02 TF
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Current profile: DVD-ROM
Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1980016 sectors (3867 MBytes)
Total size: 3955088 sectors (7724 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: Pirates_Of_The_Carribean_4_USA_DES
Media is CSS protected!
Media is locked to region(s): 1 4!
Video Standard: NTSC

Using local database!
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
Found & removed invalid program from program chain!
RCE protection not found.
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Removed CSS copy protection!
Found & removed 14 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Using the Clone DVD program, it finds and repairs the defective file structure and begins the cloning process Halfway into it, I get the voice "Oh no ..................." and it tells me that it cannot copy a file protected DVD. So, apparently, there is a protection on the files that AnyDVD did not remove. Clone DVD identifies it as an Analog Protection or APS.

Not being a computer Marine, can anyone help me with this?

Thanks.

Please check out my examples on how to provide an AnyDVD log or AnyDVD System Information log. That will help you learn how to provide info to the mods here and help you with your situation.

Also, please brush up on the FAQs that are at the top of the Forum's page. They will help you understand how to use the Slysoft programs you're using.

Don't forget to check the FAQs on the top of the CloneDVD2 page also.

For example, please look at this link, or this link.

Best of luck.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Create_Logfile_Example.jpg
    AnyDVD_Create_Logfile_Example.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Anydvd_System_Info_example.jpg
    Anydvd_System_Info_example.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 6
The reason it lists 67.6GB is because the disc has structural protection, it's the studios way to mess with the dos file structure to fool windows. However without a logfile neither anydvd nor clonedvd nor slysoft will be able to help you. I suggest you read the stickies on how to provide one

Thank you. I am new tot his and obviously am learning the finer points. I did look at the FAQ's but obviously missed this section as there are a couple of areas and I missed the pertinent one. Than you for your directions.

The AnyDVD log is at this link.

http://forum.slysoft.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18773&stc=1&d=1321805093

The Clone DVD log reports that it must repair a defective DVD Structure. This has never happened before. I have cleaned the disk and recopied it three times.

The Details on The Clone DVD is all I could copy;

Clone 7 TCE

No logfile is available that I could find: It stopped due to inability to copy protected material.

I have spent some time attempting to get this information to you correctly. I do hope it was not wasted.

I use these products because they are usually effortless. This is the only DVD that has given me trouble.

Thanks for your kind assistance.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.8.8.0_Info_D_Pirates_Of_The_Carribean_4_USA_DES.zip
    786.3 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
unique scenario

This is most unusual.
The log does not show anything wrong and the scan time is not unusual.

Just for grins:

Right click the AnyDVD tray icon
"rip video dvd.." and get the content off to a directory
Select that directory VIDEO_TS in CloneDVD instead of the DVD

then let's see. Thanks.

Also, please brush up on the FAQs that are at the top of the Forum's page. They will help you understand how to use the Slysoft programs you're using.

What should he be doing (or not doing) in CloneDVD2 to prevent the error he is reporting? I wasn't aware users had to have special knowledge or do anything specific in that program in order to prevent an error due to protection.

What should he be doing (or not doing) in CloneDVD2 to prevent the error he is reporting? I wasn't aware users had to have special knowledge or do anything specific in that program in order to prevent an error due to protection.

I wasn't saying anything of the sort.

:confused:

I was just asking the person that I was replying to with to first please read the FAQs quickly before they come on here with a problem.

As you know by now, most of the problems the newbies have is that they haven't read the stickies to show them how to send info to this Forum.

This is most unusual.
The log does not show anything wrong and the scan time is not unusual.

Just for grins:

Right click the AnyDVD tray icon
"rip video dvd.." and get the content off to a directory
Select that directory VIDEO_TS in CloneDVD instead of the DVD

then let's see. Thanks.

That did it! Thanks.

Is there something I should know?

Same computer and same programs for over a year and now this issue. Any ideas on the problem?

Success is sweet indeed

That did it! Thanks.

Same computer and same programs for over a year and now this issue. Any ideas on the problem?

Nice job!! For now, look at this as an "if all else fails" solution.
Glad this worked. 8)

There are occasions (rare) when you either have to allow 5 minutes for AnyDVD to be really finished or "split" the process and rip first, then burn.
And of course, using Shrink you will have to do that inverted, to mean 90% rip, then burn as opposed to on-the-fly.

Yes, I know CloneDVD is supposed to allow full on-the-fly processing, but in my time here at SlySoft there have been several DVDs requiring either lots of scan time OR the rip, then burn method.

Bottom line: Get it backed up. End of mission.

Last edited:
That did it! Thanks.

Which CloneDVD version did you use?

And of course, using Shrink you will have to do that inverted, to mean 90% rip, then burn as opposed to on-the-fly.

In my extensive experience, it's 25% rip for Shrink.
Only about 25% of the movies released every week have structural protections.

That said, if talking Major Releases of Top Titles - then it's about 50% - 50%

-W

mine worked perfect i used anydvd 6.8.8.0 and the clonedvd 2.9.3.0 try that if nothing else works

Back