• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Stop Online Piracy Act & "Protect IP" laws

Status
Not open for further replies.

James

Redfox Development Team
Staff member
If you are a US citizen you might want to prevent the SOPA and PROTECT IP bills from getting passed.

If it does, sites like slysoft.com, makemkv.com or dvdfab.com will cease to exist.

http://fightforthefuture.org/pipa/

Act now.

Last edited by a moderator:
From what i've read on the forum i'm a mod on, they could do much more then just block those sites to the US people. They'll effectively have the capacity to block the sites from the internet all together. Revoke the DNS access or something, global ban. Not just the US people will be affected but EVERYONE.

Last edited:
Economy is in the tank, and they want to pass this???

If you are a US citizen you might want to prevent the SOPA and PROTECT IP bills from getting passed.

If it does, sites like slysoft.com, makemkv.com or dvdfab.com will cease to exist.

http://fightforthefuture.org/pipa/

Act now.

I've already sent my response to this silliness to my elected officials.

I'm going to pass the word to some of my friends at work and ask them to spread the word around so this potentially crippling legislation won't ever get passed.

Amazing that they can get this bill into Congress and have it ready to be passed, but they can't even bother to fix the obscene U.S. Federal Deficit??

:confused:

This is yet another reason why I hate and detest the politicians, along with the political system in the United States.

I've just sent out my email. Single strands are easy to break, but a threefold cord cannot be broken.

There is ALWAYS strength in numbers people!! Corporations are powerful only because they are successful at dividing consumers.

Once we stand together and are willing to all vote the same way, no amount of lobbyists in the world can prevail the might of a unified people.

Just ask Tunisia, Egypt, Syria.:rock:

I've just sent out my email. Single strands are easy to break, but a threefold cord cannot be broken.

There is ALWAYS strength in numbers people!! Corporations are powerful only because they are successful at dividing consumers.

Once we stand together and are willing to all vote the same way, no amount of lobbyists in the world can prevail the might of a unified people.

Just ask Tunisia, Egypt, Syria.:rock:

As the saying goes:

"Viva la resistance!"

I just signed the petition as well and told other members of family as well. But it is nuisance for sure.

Last edited:
This is yet another reason why I hate and detest the politicians, along with the political system in the United States.

Yes, I would certainly agree, I signed up too and got an E-mail thank you from some group against the movement.

I am going to burn another copy of my sixties draft card.:D

Last edited by a moderator:

Polititians will only be as good, or honest, or decent, or smart, etc as we demand that they are.

If the voting public constantly allows themselves to be fooled, they will constantly get fools for elected officials.

None of this is rocket science.

Polititians will only be as good, or honest, or decent, or smart, etc as we demand that they are.

If the voting public constantly allows themselves to be fooled, they will constantly get fools for elected officials.

None of this is rocket science.

I agree, but what really infuriates me is that I vote, but I see people who walk up and just decide to vote because that person is cuter, seems to like the same things the voter likes, etc., without getting more info on what that politician stands for.

I agree, but what really infuriates me is that I vote, but I see people who walk up and just decide to vote because that person is cuter, seems to like the same things the voter likes, etc., without getting more info on what that politician stands for.

I know, that used to ruffle my feathers as well. But then I realized that people will vote for your guy(or gal) for the same reasons that you gave.

So in the end, at least people vote. But yes, it's always better to cast an informed vote than a vanity vote.

We agree!

I know, that used to ruffle my feathers as well. But then I realized that people will vote for your guy(or gal) for the same reasons that you gave.

So in the end, at least people vote. But yes, it's always better to cast an informed vote than a vanity vote.

We agree!

And with the major election here in the U.S. next year, and the crappy attack ads already coming out of the woodwork, it's going to be a long year up to Election Day.

Back OT, I passed out the info on the Sopa thing to my coworkers at work, and I'm going to pass the info to some of my other friends outside of work at well.

Down with the SOPA!!

But what can Slysoft do?

I mean if they are blocked form their customers then isnt that at least against everything that we know about free markets and capitalism. Completely anti competitive? Okay, so capitalism is tainted now days by political and corporate corruption. So in light of this- What can Slysoft do? One thing is to contact all of their subscribers and create an alternate means of updating from a varitety of sources on the internet, through the mail and any other way possible. Trying to stay one step ahead of the thought police. Advertise in newspapers and magazines. Send downloads to email addresses for uploading into our programs. Create phamtom sites with alternating names. If the thought police cant identify you it will be hard to stop you. Bring the fight to them. Dont let these lackeys of the MPAA and DCMA destroy one of the few alternatives to their mind control. Electronic internet based entertainment is on the rise anyway. Once that takes hold and more people start sucking pablum from Netflix, Amazon, Comcast and the like it'll be a real uphill fight. Bad enough commercials control free TV in this country. Its a chore to sit through anything on free TV. Tedious at best. There has to be other ways to fight . Fight! FIGHT!!!

I mean if they are blocked form their customers then isnt that at least against everything that we know about free markets and capitalism. Completely anti competitive? Okay, so capitalism is tainted now days by political and corporate corruption. So in light of this- What can Slysoft do? One thing is to contact all of their subscribers and create an alternate means of updating from a varitety of sources on the internet, through the mail and any other way possible. Trying to stay one step ahead of the thought police. Advertise in newspapers and magazines. Send downloads to email addresses for uploading into our programs. Create phamtom sites with alternating names. If the thought police cant identify you it will be hard to stop you. Bring the fight to them. Dont let these lackeys of the MPAA and DCMA destroy one of the few alternatives to their mind control. Electronic internet based entertainment is on the rise anyway. Once that takes hold and more people start sucking pablum from Netflix, Amazon, Comcast and the like it'll be a real uphill fight. Bad enough commercials control free TV in this country. Its a chore to sit through anything on free TV. Tedious at best. There has to be other ways to fight . Fight! FIGHT!!!

With your rally cries, you should be an assistant coach in the NFL.

:D

I just signed the petition as well and told other members of family as well. Sorry for being late but at least I wasn't too late. Posted via Facebook, Google+ and emailed everyone as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back