• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DVD Shrink 2007 is a scam!

Looks like they are not charging for DVD Shrink itself but charging (a small fee, heh heh) for using their download service. It's like, "we'll give it to you for free but will charge you for us to send it to you". Nice touch and will probably get a few dupes that will do it. Wonder how much the 'small fee' is? We'll wait for some sucker, I mean dude, to come in and tell us after he does it (and then goes, "doh").

Last edited:
You will never have to pay for the real original DVD Shrink and there will never be an update or upgrade...if you are ever asked to pay money, turn around and run....fast.

How can one contact the dvdshrink.org page webmasters directly to inform them that the "ads by google" on that page are directly perptuating the scam? That's at least 1/2 the real problem.

-W

AFAIK, no one maintains that page anymore...the developer has moved on to work for Nero developing Recode.

There is also a scam alert right there on the portal...http://www.dvdshrink.org/scam.html

You can also find this message in the forums... http://www.dvdshrink.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2307&sid=2d99e9314624683114cad7b6e9ed2898

Well, someone is getting paid for the "Ads by Google" hits. That's the whole point of allowing ads. Time to "follow the money". Whomever it is, outta stop the very ads that cause the scam problem from appearing on that page of all pages. Heh.

-W

Well, someone is getting paid for the "Ads by Google" hits. That's the whole point of allowing ads. Time to "follow the money". Whomever it is, outta stop the very ads that cause the scam problem from appearing on that page of all pages. Heh.

-W

I saw no ads on the main page when I looked at it as I was curious to see what you were talking about. Could you provide a link to what you are talking about?

This is what I see...

Attachments

• shrinkpage.jpg
    shrinkpage.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 6
  • shrinkpage2.jpg
    shrinkpage2.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 3
OK.. I just went to:

http://www.dvdshrink.org

The "ads by google" were in a banner at the top of the page. If you don't see them you must be running a good ad or popup killer.

-W

OK.. I just went to:

http://www.dvdshrink.org

The "ads by google" were in a banner at the top of the page. If you don't see them you must be running a good ad or popup killer.

-W

I believe you and all I'm using is Firefox...it has a built in pop-up blocker. Could be that you have a google toolbar or something installed that is giving you the extra ads?

DVD Shrink Download is a FAKE/SCAM

Another good source for Shrink w/ a turorial

This link has a great turoial for DVD Shrink if you can't figure it out, but the links to get Shrink are nothing but a SCAM, they want your email, then set up a payment method, ect,,,,,BEWARE, DVD SHRINK is FREE, don't even pay for a download for a FREE program! I'm sure this wasn't intentional by you oldjoe, I've read your other posts and you seem to be a straight up guy!

I believe you and all I'm using is Firefox...it has a built in pop-up blocker. Could be that you have a google toolbar or something installed that is giving you the extra ads?

Definately not.... I allow almost no extra software to run on my machine(s).

At boot up I'm between 17 and 21 processes running depending on the machine, and I know what they all are. :)

-W (the very carefull)

buy shrink

look...buy any-dvd and clone, and don't worry about that drama. it's that simple. these mods are burning the midnight oil to try and answer questions about SHRINK and NERO and DECRYPTER. thats bull !.keep it relevent to their products, (or you can post it on afterdawn), don't waste their time.
no disrespect intended, only a plea for a little courtesy. the intent of this forum is to help the owners of their products.:mad:

look...buy any-dvd and clone, and don't worry about that drama. it's that simple. these mods are burning the midnight oil to try and answer questions about SHRINK and NERO and DECRYPTER. thats bull !.keep it relevent to their products, (or you can post it on afterdawn), don't waste their time.
no disrespect intended, only a plea for a little courtesy. the intent of this forum is to help the owners of their products.:mad:

Dood. This is the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE forum. The mods put it here. We're discussing a SCAM WARNING.
Past that, It's not the CloneDVD forum. AnyDVD (by itself) is supposed to work with all those third party rippers - so yes questions are inevitable.

-W

Last edited:
I've just visited the DVD Shrink page using my laptop and the google ads are there...so it's just something that I've got installed on my desktop that kills the ads, don't know what it is. Anyway, the ads are generated by google adsense and must be installed in the site software to generate the ads...this is a form of revenue for the site.

Back