• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Autoload with windows

Master_Yeti

This is probably just me but I choose not to have AnyDVD start with windows, I open it only when I need to copy a disk. Is there any chance you could set the default install setting for it to off as after every update I have to go in and change the setting. Or can you get the update to use the existing installations settings. I do appreciate the frequent updates and totally agree with the number that are issued but that setting drives me up the pole every time I install.

in my case im glad it starts up since i always forget to boot it manually...

anyway does it really matter if they change it in the installer so the app wont autostart? its just 2 clicks to disable autostart anyway :D

This is probably just me but I choose not to have AnyDVD start with windows, I open it only when I need to copy a disk. Is there any chance you could set the default install setting for it to off as after every update I have to go in and change the setting. Or can you get the update to use the existing installations settings. I do appreciate the frequent updates and totally agree with the number that are issued but that setting drives me up the pole every time I install.
Please, I beg you, let AnyDVD run all the time. It is designed to work this way.

In my couse the Anydvd not autostart in windows vista. HELP!!:bowdown:

As a workaround, you could simply disable autostart in AnyDVD and create a shortcut in your starup folder.

Why would you want to disable it in the first place, it hardly takes up and resources and I've never seen it cause a conflict.

Don't like autostart (Win XP)

If someone "forgets" to start Any DVD, heaven help them. I agree that it is very easy to enable autostart or not. Not having to go through msconfig is a big plus.

I too prefer to not have program autostart. I already have a firewall, anti-virus, and spyware protection all starting when Windows starts.
I used to have several more autostart programs, but I found most of them didn't really need to be. It seems as if everything you install these days wants to be in Startup, usually without asking, and often with two or three processes running.

The trouble is that the programs all "phone home" and this was beginning to give me boot problems, i.e., lockup, with 100% CPU usage. I'm not sufficiently knowledgeable that I would know how to make them behave, and take turns, so I just eliminated the superfluous.

Last edited:
If someone "forgets" to start Any DVD, heaven help them. I agree that it is very easy to enable autostart or not.

I too prefer to not have program autostart. I already have a firewall, anti-virus, and spyware protection all starting when Windows starts.
I used to have several more autostart programs, but I found most of them didn't really need to be. It seems as if everything you install these days wants to be in Startup, usually without asking, and often with two or three processes running.

The trouble is that the programs all "phone home" and this was beginning to give me boot problems, i.e., lockup, with 100% CPU usage. I'm not sufficiently knowledgeable that I would know how to make them behave, and take turns.
Having tons of things run at startup is how you have a slow PC. I have one thing startup when my computer does, my AV. I dislike the fact that AnyDVD automatically goes in the startup registry upon installation.

It has tended to be a little cranky, mainly because it's the first one I built. It's working fine now, so I'm not sure what you mean by "seriously wrong".

Please, I beg you, let AnyDVD run all the time. It is designed to work this way.

I allow AnyDVD to autorun, but have been noticing that the Fox icon is the last to load and I have to wait for it before continuing to what I booted up to do. I have my AV program and the Intel Temperature Monitor at start up but nothing else, and a Pentium D 3.2ghz with 4GB of SDRAM running under XP Home. So, I have plenty of umpf and don't mind it running all the time, it's just the start up that delays things by a few extra seconds. I've look for a way to speed up this app or move it to first start, but no luck. Any ideas?
Also, great programs (AnyDVD and CloneDVD).

fzappa, u have a single core processor that on startup with your antivirus is tryin to scan your pc, while the other things r tryin to start up also. u r going to have a slower startup period. also u have single data ram, which slows u down some also. most programs today r made with the thought that most ppl have ddr2 and a dual core processor in their pc, as this has become the industry standard. if u keep that in mind, your pc wont seem to start up as slow as u think it is.

fzappa, u have a single core processor that on startup with your antivirus is tryin to scan your pc, while the other things r tryin to start up also. u r going to have a slower startup period. also u have single data ram, which slows u down some also. most programs today r made with the thought that most ppl have ddr2 and a dual core processor in their pc, as this has become the industry standard. if u keep that in mind, your pc wont seem to start up as slow as u think it is.

It is a duo processor with DDR2. I understand that the Avast is doing a start up scan, and checking for updates, I just wish AnyDVD would start faster. If nothing can be done, then fine, but if something can be done I'd do it. I count 15 seconds to load the icon after everything else is loaded.
I'm seldom on "the 'net" with this particular machine so may rather have Avast not auto start.
Thanks for the reply.

Last edited:
Back