• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem with 2.9.18.545 and creating images

udoh

I have just purchased the new GameJackal version, and installed it.

I had reinstalled windows a couple of months ago, so I had no old profiles stored. I have tried to create profiles for some of the games that worked with no problem before.

Command & Conquer: Generals (and Zero Hour)
Titan Quest: Immortal Throne

I have tried with all the options to create the images, but none of them work, when I try to run the game without the DVD (using the image), they tell me that I need to insert the Disc.

Is there a log file or something that I can check to maybe find out more information?

Thanks in advance.

I cannot get CNC Generals or CNC Generals Zero Hour to work with GJ either, which I just bought today specifically for these games. I have them as part of the "CNC the first decade" disk.

I cannot get CNC Generals or CNC Generals Zero Hour to work with GJ either, which I just bought today specifically for these games. I have them as part of the "CNC the first decade" disk.
1. What version of Game Jackal are you running? 2.9.18.545
2. What Operating system are you using? 64 bit? service pack? XP MCE SP2
3. If you have virtual drives, disable them. DONE
4. What protection does your game use? Safedisc 4.60.000 Protection Level Standard
5. What is the name of the game you're trying to run? Command and Conquer Generals, and Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour from the Command and Conquer the First Decade
6. What is the version of the game?
7. Is it cd or dvd version? DVD
8. What region or country is the original disc from? USA
9. What cpu are you running? Intel T2050 (Dual Core, 1.6 GHz)
10. What optical drives (dvd-rom,cd-rom, burners) are you using to create profiles with? What firmware version is installed on your reader? Matshita DVD-RAM UJ-841S
11. What security software (firewall, antivirus) are you using? Please provide version numbers. Symantec AntiVirus Version 10.1.5.500, Scan Engine 71.2.0.12, Virus Definitions 01 Jun 2007 rev. 32, Windows XP Firewall
12. Describe your problem, provide full error messages, and please state clearly what you were doing when you received those error messages. Both games still ask for original disc to be inserted when started from profile in GJ.

Is there a log file or something that I can check to maybe find out more information?

Log text files will exist in your Game Jackal directory, but I'm not sure they will help you.

Profiles need to be created and played with all virtual drives disabled, as they are often blacklisted by protections.

That's what I meant by "DONE" in my post. I do not have any virtual drive software installed, yet I cannot get GJ to work.

Is it possible that AnyDVD could intefere with GC? I'll try it with it off.

I also think there may be some sort of virtualization hidden in my Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 software, but - as far as I know - it's not enabled. I'm going to double-check.

Finally, my Matshita DVD-RAM UJ-841S DVD drive is really flaky, as anyone who owns a laptop with the drive can tell you (it won't even play some pressed audio CDs or CD-Rs, but plays all DVD formats just fine). And no firmware has been released to correct its shortcomings.

OK, Don't think any of the issues in my last post had anything to do with my problem, which appears to be solved.

First off, I installed the HideJack Plugin, but I'm not sure if this has anything to do with my success, or is a coincidence.

I had to capture in Dynamic Mode with everything on 1 processor in my dual core system. This resulted in what appeared to be a good profile that worked the first time I used it, but not again (Didn't prompt me for the disc, but didn't start the game either).

I recaptured and immediately locked the profile. The profile would not start the game (it would quit after 1 of the 2 splash screens for CNC Generals Zero Hour). I played with various processor settings, using #1, #2, and multi with and without delays. The only setting that worked was multiprocessor WITHOUT delay. So, for me the solution was:

1. Install HideJack Plugin (not sure if this actually helped)
2. Capture in Dynamic with everything on 1 processor
3. Lock Profile
4. Switch Profile to multiprocessor

Seems to work now. I'll have to try it on the other 11 or so games on the "CNC First Decade" Disc, of which, I think only 4 actually require the CD/DVD (Both Generals games, Red Alert - Uri's Revenge, and Tiberium Sun) The rest play disc-free out of the box.

Hope this info helps!

Last edited:
1. What version of Game Jackal are you running? 2.9.18.545
2. What Operating system are you using? 64 bit? service pack? XP SP2
3. If you have virtual drives, disable them. DONE
4. What protection does your game use? Safedisc 4.60.000 Protection Level Standard
5. What is the name of the game you're trying to run? Command and Conquer Generals, and Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour from the Command and Conquer the First Decade
6. What is the version of the game? TDF-102
7. Is it cd or dvd version? DVD
8. What region or country is the original disc from? UK
9. What cpu are you running? Althon64 3000+
10. What optical drives (dvd-rom,cd-rom, burners) are you using to create profiles with? What firmware version is installed on your reader? DVD JLMS XJ-HD-166S
11. What security software (firewall, antivirus) are you using? Please provide version numbers. AVG AntiVirus Version 7.5.472, Kerio Sunbelt Firewall 4.5.916
12. Describe your problem, provide full error messages, and please state clearly what you were doing when you received those error messages. Both games still ask for original disc to be inserted when started from profile in GJ.

These game used to work perfectly, but now none of the profiles I have tried work at all, the only thing that has changed is the GJ version, and according to the update notes, not much has changed there. Hope someone has some ideas.

Udoh, did you try my method, building new profiles from scratch?

I followed your suggestion :), but it didn't work for me (without the Processor part). At the moment, i'm back to the old method of using CD's. BLAH :confused:

Back