• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

saw3 and open season

I just bought Open Season and used ripit4me, DVDDecripter, Fix/VTS, then DVD Shrink. Movie Burnt Fine ;)

Last edited:
Webslinger, just tried to "PLAY" my new Open Season DVD (the one that won't Open/Rip using Any Dvd + Shrink) in three different DVD drives in all 3 of our computers...won't play either in any of them!!!..........so, what's your take on this?:confused:

Does it play with Anydvd disabled?

If not, my take is you have a bad disc that needs to be exchanged (even if it looks fine).

As others have stated, I am not a Slysoft developer. I'm just a Slysoft customer, like you.

I'll tell you what I know:

1. James has previously stated he is waiting for his R1 Saw 3 disc to finally arrive. At that point, he may look into the Shrink problem.

Do I believe this Shrink issue will be addressed in the future? Yes.
Can I tell you exactly when? I have no idea.

Please don't try to couch this as JUST an issue with Shrink. ("The Shrink Problem") Referring to parts 2 and 3 of your own Sticky, Locked, Post of Yesterday...... "Best Way to Rip with AnyDVD"

2. With the latest version of Anydvd running, drag and drop the video_ts folder to your desktop using Windows Explorer. Alternatively, you don't need to rip at all and can just directly import the disc into whatever burning application you want, provided Anydvd is running in the background. You don't necessarily need to rip first at all. Not having to rip first at all is one major advantage of using Anydvd.

3. If you can't get what you want using #1 and #2 first, then you right click on the fox icon on your toolbar and select rip video-dvd to hard disk--but only if methods 1 and 2 fail first. This method uses an old version of FixVTS, which is often not required. .

I can *assure* you that Windows Explorer or the built in AnyDVD rip-tool cannot get SAW3 onto the hard disk iether. This with Shrink not even in the equation. The problem is with Saw3 and several normal rip methods, not just Shrink.

-W

Ao why was I able to backup the whole disc using clonedvd2 and anydvd then? I think it is a shrink problem that can't get fixed.

So why was I able to backup the whole disc using clonedvd2 and anydvd then? I think it is a shrink problem that can't get fixed.

Because CloneDVD2 (and a few other rippers) seem unnafecfted by whatever was done (new) to Saw3. We all know this....

But again, the problem is not JUST with Shrink... The very fact that you can't do a regular Windows Explorer rip of the vidio folder indicates that there is some COPY PROTECTION that isn't_getting_broken. <sigh>

And **who** said it's not going to be fixed? The Slysoft dood himself (not the volunteer moderator) said he was getting a copy of SAW3 Region One in order to see what the issue is.

-W

On getting fixed I was referring to the outdated dvd shrink.

On getting fixed I was referring to the outdated dvd shrink.

It's old, but it works on what we can agree to call "legacy DVD's" - now that Blu-Ray and HD are out as the Next Gen DVD's.

Yes... it is out dated... it's as least as outdated as a 20 year old hammer.
ie Shrink is too DUMB to be obsolete... so long as the COPY PROTECTION is truely broken ahead of it.

-W

Very true I love to compress with it but that's all plus like the remove adverts feature too.

Please don't try to couch this as JUST an issue with Shrink. ("The Shrink Problem") Referring to parts 2 and 3 of your own Sticky, Locked, Post of Yesterday...... "Best Way to Rip with AnyDVD"

I have no idea what you're talking about. What I posted is the best way to rip with Anydvd.

And while Shrink may not be the only ripper that has problems with Anydvd and this title (1-Click works fine now as well, btw), Shrink certainly does have an issue with this title if you're only using Anydvd. I wasn't trying to "couch" anything. If you read it as otherwise, that's unfortunate.

I can *assure* you that Windows Explorer or the built in AnyDVD rip-tool

You'll notice those are listed in order of significance. The #1 method does work.

Last edited:
I have no idea what you're talking about. What I posted is the best way to rip with Anydvd.

And while Shrink may not be the only ripper that has problems with Anydvd and this title (1-Click works fine now as well, btw), Shrink certainly does have an issue with this title if you're only using Anydvd. I wasn't trying to "couch" anything. If you read it as otherwise, that's unfortunate.

You'll notice those are listed in order of significance. The #1 method does work.

I was just noting that your own posted #2 and #3 methods (that normally work with every other movie) will not work with Saw3 and AnyDVD alone.

I was also using this post to point out that a movie that's had it's copy protection stripped doesn't even NEED a commercial ripper to get it on the hard drive , your #2 method works *every* time on a truely naked DVD.
-W

I was just noting that your own posted #2 and #3 methods (that normally work with every other movie) will not work with Saw3 and AnyDVD alone.

/shrug ok

I was also using this post to point out that a movie that's had it's copy protection stripped doesn't even NEED a commercial ripper to get it on the hard drive , your #2 method works *every* time on a truely naked DVD.

The #2 method works on most protected titles as well, provided Anydvd is running in the background.

/shrug ok

The #2 method works on most protected titles as well, provided Anydvd is running in the background.

I totally agree... that's what I meant by "naked" - once protected but now stripped of all protection by AnyDVD. (ie stripped bare for windows to rape and pillage) :D

And that #2 method has never failed me yet.. so long as AnyDVD is running. It's only with these 2 new titles that it's failing - as is methood #3.

-W

And that #2 method has never failed me yet.. so long as AnyDVD is running. It's only with these 2 new titles that it's failing - as is methood #3.

I guess some people don't believe me, but I honestly hope this issue will be addressed in a future update. I have reason to believe it will be.

I guess some people don't believe me, but I honestly hope this issue will be addressed in a future update. I have reason to believe it will be.

I believe you. Just to make that clear. I was just objecting to the use of specific language to refer to it as "the problem with Shrink". We OK now?

-W

I personally am grateful for this "sticky"... I had never thought, or heard of number 2 method, can't wait to try it... but I have to admit if I've been ripping to my hd for no reason all this time, I'm going to do my best to kick myself in the head!:bowdown:

I will disagree with you on your statement as DNC is keeping up on updates and is able to do all movies. As for 1 click there is an update but when:p

BUT, not in a timely fashion. Read my posts thoroughly.
"They are slow to update and people want what they pay for to work when they want it."

Back