• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Why should I purchase?

dblandford

I am interested in this program. I currently use, and have been using, Alcohol 120% for years. What are the differences, and the benefits of switching to GJ?

David

Alcohol is one of the best (I'd actually say: the best) Software for creating virtual CD images that are as close as possible to the actual medium. GJ, however, follows a different approach: When first starting your game with GJ, it tries to find out which parts the medium are actually read out. After this first start, GJ creates a (in most cases) very small emulation image, containing only those parts of the CD that are relevant (i. e. must be read by the copy protection or are not located on the harddisk).

So GJ is more suitable for games and creates much smaller emulations that a true 1 to 1 virtualizer such as Alcohol does. Alcohol, on the other hand, can emulate almost any type of media, including audio CDs, video DVDs and more. So you can say that Alcohol and similar tools are meant for copying whole media to the hard disk, to have the data on them more closely to your fingertips, whereas GJ's task is to make Games "CD free". If you only need the latter, than GJ would be the better choice.

What are the differences, and the benefits of switching to GJ?

Smaller profiles--and in some cases, you don't need to use third party programs to get around virtual drive blacklistings required for A120%

Back