• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Vista64 - No DVD Drive Detected!

Sierra

This program worked great when I was using XP. but now after using Vista64 for several months, I tried to load the new version of AnyDVD.

It failed to install properly and provided the following WARNING!

No DVD Drive detected!
Possible reasons:
1. You dont have a DVD drive, buy one. (I have two DVD Drives)
2. You haven't rebooted your system after AnyDVD has been installed. Please restart your computer. (I've done this several times when performing new installs to get this to work).
3. Your external DVD drive isn't powered. (It's on...)
4. Prople initialising the AnyDVD Driver.. Try this..( I tried this several times)

I also truned off AVG and I don't have any firewall settings to get this to work.

Please advise how I can detect my DVD and verify if the Driver is installed. Or how to get this to work using Vista 64.

Sierra

This program worked great when I was using XP. but now after using Vista64 for several months, I tried to load the new version of AnyDVD.
Which version?

For me to get my drives back on line, I had to follow this process:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929461/en-us

The upper and lower were AnyDVD Products.

Which version? Let me try the new one now because It's deleted from my machine.

After doing a uninstall lets see what is left in the Regedit file.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.AnyDVDHD
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\.AnyDVDHD
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32\OpenSavePidlMRU\AnyDVD
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.AnyDVD
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RecentDocs\.AnyDVD
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\.AnyDVDHD
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\.AnyDVDHD
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Classes\.AnyDVDHD
and many more... hmmm... it never really gets removed.

Now lets follow Webslinger process:

1. Ensure you're logged in as administrator. "Or to run Anydvd as Administrator every time you run it in Windows Vista, simply goto the start menu, find Anydvd, right click on it, select “Properties”, then click on the compatibility tab and then under “Privilege Level” click the checkbox that says “Run this program as Administrator.” Now Vista will run Anydvd as Administrator each time you start it.

Only having one account on this PC, by default I should be the ADMIN.

Lets download and install the latest version. AnyDVD & AnyDVD HD 6.1.6.0
Turned off AVG Firewall and shut the whole program off.
Installing program
Why does it take so long to install?
Reboot.. No
then click on the compatibility tab and then under “Privilege Level” click the checkbox that says “Run this program as Administrator.” Now Vista will run Anydvd as Administrator each time you start it.

When I do this, this is grayed out. I wonder why? Is it due to a Vista64 or becase I didnt reboot.

Now do this for all your Slysoft programs

info taken from http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.ph...7&postcount=17

2. If User Account Control is active, you’ll need to allow the Slysoft programs to run at the elevated level. Do whatever you have to do to tell User Account Control to play nice with Slysoft. Disable User Account Control if you absolutely have to (but only do so as a last resort).

3. Install your Slysoft programs..
What the hell... they are installed

Lets reboot and see what happens.

Rebooted and now the trial software is installed without any warnings.

Last edited:
Back