• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

X-Protect is coming

sheep

Looks like a new dvd copy protection is coming.
Will be used on "Codename: The Cleaner" (E-M-S).
Homepage

Noticed it didn't say it was VISTA compatible. What a surprise. :D

Yea, well, here's the thing...First, I have autoplay disabled at the OS level. Second, I have AnyDVD blocking autoplay crap. So if they have to "install something" on my machine, well, tfb for them. That's not what the VIDEO DVD spec says is required in order to play it back. :) Hence, I'm not overly concerned about said new copy protection. It certainly won't be keeping me up at night.

X-Protect ist the same copy-protection as "Protect DVD-Video", which you can find on Apocalypto R2 and so on. X-Protect is only the publisher of that protection. It won't be install something on your PC. I think this protection will be only on R2-Discs again, because e-m-s is a german label. German-Release-Date is middle or end of June.

Last edited:
X-Protect ist the same copy-protection as "Protect DVD-Video", which you can find on Apocalypto R2 and so on. X-Protect is only the publisher of that protection. It won't be install something on your PC. I think this protection will be only on R2-Discs again, because e-m-s is a german label.

Ah! I was wondering about that...whether it was the much talked about Protect DVD Video protection. It makes sense. Now hopefully they'll update AnyDVD to handle the latest version of it. I'm sure they'll have a fix once they get a DVD in their hot little hands. :)

it makes you wonder why they even bother putting protection on discs these days-a bypass for it is always just around the corner.
when will they (these companies) realise that in this computer age when most people have (or have access to) computers they can back up discs no matter what new protection they place on a dvd.

it makes you wonder why they even bother putting protection on discs these days-a bypass for it is always just around the corner.
when will they (these companies) realise that in this computer age when most people have (or have access to) computers they can back up discs no matter what new protection they place on a dvd.
They keep putting copy-protection on DVDs because they do not want to admit defeat to the 'evil doers'. So, they start playing nasty.

Also, companies will pay good money to put copy-protection on their DVDs.

They keep putting copy-protection on DVDs because they do not want to admit defeat to the 'evil doers'. So, they start playing nasty.

Also, companies will pay good money to put copy-protection on their DVDs.

Maybe they'll go the way of the CD protection that is virtually non-existent and say it's too damn expensive. People have been backing up stuff since I can remember making a copy of an audio tape I didn't want to ruin back when I was like 13 (in case you're wondering it was Use Your Illusion I & II ;)).

Didn't they stop putting copy-protection on CDs because someone got angry at the company because they couldn't play it on their car CD player? With the way copy-protection is going now, I would hope it follows the same demise.

Didn't they stop putting copy-protection on CDs because someone got angry at the company because they couldn't play it on their car CD player? With the way copy-protection is going now, I would hope it follows the same demise.

I believe Sony is producing far more faulty discs than they used to because of their strong protection methods. Ill bet that soon enough protection will become so advanced that it will be unplayable by old DVD players. Do you think that maybe then they will admit defeat? Things are going to get worse before they get better.

Are we talking about the same movie starring Cedric The Entertainer?

If so, I have this DVD and there is no special protection in it. It copied fine (using RipIt4Me).

Maybe it is only on the german version of the film, because a german member found it in a german video store magazine, that this movie will be the first who is protected with it?
About Apocalypto R2: In the changelog it is written it is protected with x-protect? Or is it just the developer and the protection is called protect dvd video?

Maybe it is only on the german version of the film, because a german member found it in a german video store magazine, that this movie will be the first who is protected with it?

I suspect you are correct. So far that protection has only been found on Region 2 discs, right?

Or is it just the developer and the protection is called protect dvd video?

I thought that the developer is called "X-Protect" and the protection is called "dvd-movie-protect". But I do not know for sure.

I thought that the developer is called "X-Protect" and the protection is called "dvd-movie-protect". But I do not know for sure.
That I was trying to say. ;-)
Maybe X-Protect will be also called a new protection from the same developer.

Back