• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

VLC Player Will Play Some Hi Def Rips

mick2006

I have found that the free VLC player will play at least MPEG2 blu ray rips. I tried MPEG4 AVC rips and they do not work. So, at least there is something out there that is free and plays a few hi def rips. I don't have an HD DVD drive to test ripped evo. files on, anyone else that has one give it a shot, but I am doubting that it will play the ripped HD DVD's.

VLC and Region-DVDs

Hello,

Do you also know whether VLC can play DVDs from different Regions on a Region-locked drive WITHOUT the help of AnyDVD or similar programs? Some say it can, some say it cannot. Have you made any experiences?

Thank you and many greetings, :)

A Friend

Hello,

Do you also know whether VLC can play DVDs from different Regions on a Region-locked drive WITHOUT the help of AnyDVD or similar programs? Some say it can, some say it cannot. Have you made any experiences?

Thank you and many greetings, :)

A Friend

Sorry, but I have had no experience with this.

I have found that I usually have to have anydvd running to play most original dvds.

Back