• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

saw3 and open season

Hi,
I also used my Nero Recode to encode Open Season and it worked great, my anydvd is always running in the background so I use copy disc and then just used the main movie. I also put my directory folder to go to my dvd burner instead of image,ect.........
Anne

I also have to disagree with the statement about Shrink. Shrink was not the problem with SawIII, AnyDVD, as well as other decrypters, could not handle it. I used RipIt4Me-FixTVS........... and Shrink did its job effortlessly.

Totally agree with OldJoe.
I don't understand why some people don't get that blaming Shrink for a rip problem, is like blaming a pencil for a spelling problem :D

Shrink is (nowadays) just a very dumb ripper that needs a good decrypter ahead of it for it to do it's job properly. With the exception of SAW3 (which Slysoft is working on) I've ALWAYS been more than happey with AnyDVD and whatever ripper I chose to use.

-W

Backed up full version of SAW III last night to HD with 6.1.1.4 using the old version of DVD Fab and then used shrink to burn it. Played just fine in the DVD player.

Webslinger..."OPEN SEASON"<<<Sony got new stuff?...

Hello,

Please read http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=1451939&postcount=1

and post the answers back here.

In particular, I would like answers to 1,2,3,4, 7, and 8.

Thank you
HERE"S MY PROBLEM:
"First Time"...AnyDVD has not worked for me in many moons. Just used 6.1.1.4 without a problem on "FLY BOYS".....put in "Open Season"....red fox Icon in tray stayed faint for an unusually long time, cleared... gave me OK to continue Screen...opened DVD Shrink 3.2 , Identified File, clicked to Open File, Got : ....can not continue...Failed to read file "F:\" ....IS IT possible there is a new Sony encription in this DVD...it was just released today...THANKS!

HERE"S MY PROBLEM:
"First Time"...AnyDVD has not worked for me in many moons. Just used 6.1.1.4 without a problem on "FLY BOYS".....put in "Open Season"....red fox Icon in tray stayed faint for an unusually long time, cleared... gave me OK to continue Screen...opened DVD Shrink 3.2 , Identified File, clicked to Open File, Got : ....can not continue...Failed to read file "F:\" ....IS IT possible there is a new Sony encription in this DVD...it was just released today...THANKS!

Anydvd 6.1.1.4 will not support this title with Shrink yet.

Like Saw3, Open Season and Anydvd 6.1.1.4 will likely work with Clonedvd2, Clonecd, and Nero Recode--but not Shrink, yet.

Thanks, for the FAST GET BACK, Webslinger...

I was hoping you'd say what you did ( "not yet")....I've used Shrink 3.2 (w/Nero Ultra) for a long time with AnyDvd flawlessly....NOT, that I'm opposed to spending the $$ for Clone DVD..."change", comes hard for a 67 year old f--t like me ...I've been into A/V stuff since I was 17.. sooooo, if your'e going to fix/upgrade 6114 to work with Shrink, just let me (us) know...otherwise, I guess I'll not be "backing up" my Open Season DVD...it'd probably make a nice coaster in 4 or 5 months, anyway...:agree:

I see there is an update of 1 click DVD copy Pro that claims to handle "Saw 3".

"2.4.1.4 (Jan 30, 2007) This version contains a CPRx update and several bug fixes to deal with movies like "Saw III". The log and settings files are now stored in the Public documents folder (Vista) and in the "...All Users/Application Data" folder for all other versions of Windows to avoid user rights issues."

... to quote from the version history.

I was hoping you'd say what you did ( "not yet")....I've used Shrink 3.2 (w/Nero Ultra) for a long time with AnyDvd flawlessly....NOT, that I'm opposed to spending the $$ for Clone DVD..."change", comes hard for a 67 year old f--t like me ...I've been into A/V stuff since I was 17.. sooooo, if your'e going to fix/upgrade 6114 to work with Shrink, just let me (us) know...otherwise, I guess I'll not be "backing up" my Open Season DVD...it'd probably make a nice coaster in 4 or 5 months, anyway...:agree:

Hi,

I don't develop Anydvd. I'm just a customer, like you, who happens to use Anydvd. So I can't really fix anything.

That said, you mentioned you have Nero Ultra 7. Update Nero Ultra 7 to 7.7.5.1 and try to back it up with Anydvd 6.1.1.4 and Nero Recode. I have reason to believe doing so might work.

The Shrink developer, by the way, went on to help develop Nero Recode. So the programs are somewhat similar.

Last edited:
Hi,

The Shrink developer, by the way, went on to help develop Nero Recode. So the programs are somewhat similar.

Now that's VERY intersteing!! Thanks!

I'd love to see some quality and performance comparisons between the two- from those that have used both a lot.

-W

Now that's VERY intersteing!! Thanks!

I'd love to see some quality and performance comparisons between the two- from those that have used both a lot.

-W

Recode's transcoder is, arguably, a little better (but not by a huge margin, in my opinion). This is probably obvious due to the fact Shrink hasn't been updated while Nero Recode has.

Nero Recode?

Hi,

That said, you mentioned you have Nero Ultra 7. Update Nero Ultra 7 to 7.7.5.1 and try to back it up with Anydvd 6.1.1.4 and Nero Recode. I have reason to believe doing so might work.

Your'e suggesting then, that I not use Shrink...but try this Nero Recode?

Your'e suggesting then, that I not use Shrink...but try this Nero Recode?

Well, you own it already. Make sure you update to Nero Ultra 7.7.5.1 first.

Ideally, I would recommend Clonedvd2, but since you mentioned learning a new program being an issue and since you already own Nero Recode (and it's somewhat similar to Shrink) . . .

Honestly, Clonedvd2 has to be one of the easiest programs to learn. I recommend trying the free trial out. Clonedvd2 uses a very simple interface, and it works.

Last edited:
I looked into current version of AnyDVD and Shrink for Open Season.

Its a no go on my system like Saw 3 at first.

But I feel within the next 2 hours I' ll try the solution I did with Saw 3 as current version of AnyDVd and CloneDVD2. I only tried this combo once on Saw 3 and it worked and as the saying goes "if it ain' t broken why fix it" so the new combo I will try and most likely be satisfied.

Thanks Slysoft.

It'll Get Fixed..

Well, you own it already. Make sure you update to Nero Ultra 7.7.5.1 first.

Ideally, I would recommend Clonedvd2, but since you mentioned learning a new program being an issue and since you already own Nero Recode (and it's somewhat similar to Shrink) . . .

Honestly, Clonedvd2 has to be one of the easiest programs to learn. I recommend trying the free trial out. Clonedvd2 uses a very simple interface, and it works.

Thanks... Nero wants $79. to update my Nero version ( I had 6.6, not 7.0) so, that is not an option. My feeling is "the foxes will fix this"...because that is what Any Dvd should do...rather than refer me to another product to fix an apparent temporary miscue in Any Dvd that will be addressed...and eventually fixed.

....but you do believe, as I, that a fix is in the works...???

He's just a mod here and is in no way in control of what is going on....on the inside. He is very knowledgeable though grant you that.

I looked into current version of AnyDVD and Shrink for Open Season.

Its a no go on my system like Saw 3 at first.

But I feel within the next 2 hours I' ll try the solution I did with Saw 3 as current version of AnyDVd and CloneDVD2. I only tried this combo once on Saw 3 and it worked and as the saying goes "if it ain' t broken why fix it" so the new combo I will try and most likely be satisfied.

Thanks Slysoft.

Confirmed Open Season (movie only) can be done with newsest version of AnyDVD and CloneDVD2.

Just watched the whole copy and looks great.

James at SlySoft posted on another thread that he's getting a copy of Saw3 Region1 ASAP - to get to the bottom of it. So yes, I believe a fix will be forthcoming. Have they EVER failed us yet??

-W

As others have stated, I am not a Slysoft developer. I'm just a Slysoft customer, like you.

I'll tell you what I know:

1. James has previously stated he is waiting for his R1 Saw 3 disc to finally arrive. At that point, he may look into the Shrink problem.

2. James is working heavily at the moment on a new and exciting Slysoft product.

Do I believe this Shrink issue will be addressed in the future? Yes.
Can I tell you exactly when? I have no idea.

Back