• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD Crashes when Portable burn DVD is inserted.

Uglyinthemornin'

AnyDVD has been crashing on me when a portable Burn disc is inserted into the burner.

It used to read them now they crash once AnyDVD tried to reads them...

They used to work before The HD AnyDVD was introduced..

Here are some of AnyDVD error logs.

Faulting application anydvd.exe, version 6.1.5.6, faulting module anydvd.exe, version 6.1.5.6, fault address 0x0002d6c7.

Faulting application anydvd.exe, version 6.1.3.3, faulting module anydvd.exe, version 6.1.3.3, fault address 0x000270c7.

Any idea or suggestions??:confused:
By the way I have tried 7 different computers with the same results.

Well this is what i have learn.. If you disable AnyDVD The DVD will now Play.
Now I do remember it used to play with ANYDDVD Ran in the background & gave you a read out (Well not anymore). this was of course before The HD & Blueray were updated & added to ANYDVD features. I do believe the last time it work with anydvd was 6.1.0.2 when the HD-DVD booktype was introduce.

Just to clear it up on what i am doing or what i am talking about.

OK I back-up a VHS movie/burnt it on a portable stand-alone DVD Burner.
then after it was done took it to my computer to view it when ANYDVD try to read it, AnyDVD crash which it never did before 6.1.0.2 was introduce.

so if there any kind of information or maybe a future update to fix this problem that would be great.

Hello, Is there a Holiday going on at this forum tonight???

No taker on my question about the anydvd & what may be causing this.. problem of mine.

anybody... Webslinger, SamuriHL or James..

any input would be a great Help.
cause i really hate to disable anydvd just to run these type of DVD discs. or if i decide i would want to make a back up.
because right now the only means of making a back up of this disc is to disable Anydvd & used Nero to burn.. even CloneDVD 2 does not work on the disc.
with anydvd disable, I keep getting a CloneDVD2 error like this one...

DVDManager 0 Common 0 4294960448 7680

any ideas??

anybody... Webslinger, SamuriHL or James..

It's Sunday.

any input would be a great Help.

OK I back-up a VHS movie/burnt it on a portable stand-alone DVD Burner.
then after it was done took it to my computer to view it when ANYDVD try to read it, AnyDVD crash which it never did before 6.1.0.2 was introduce.

I had a couple of thoughts, but no definitive answers. Here are my thoughts:

1) Anydvd is intended for use with commercially released discs--and not stuff that's been transferred from VHS (to a blank dvd burned by your portable, standalone dvd burner). Provided Anydvd doesn't crash on your system when you insert a normal, commercially released movie in your system, I'm not sure that Slysoft (but I could be wrong) is going to care that much.

2) It's entirely possible, especially if the blank media was some inferior quality blank (or was stored in humid, warm conditions), that the burn quality has degraded somewhat over time. You might want to check a program like Vso Inspector (free program) and run a scan to test for read errors. If VSO inspector reports read errors your disc has gone bad even if it plays fine. Organic dye in blank media does degrade over time.

If the problem is that you want to backup this disc for some reason then try Clonecd.

Anyway, I gotta get going for now. Take care and good luck!

P.S. If Anydvd is crashing with every single retail dvd-video you put into your computer, then visit here (and follow the steps)

Last edited:
Hello, Thanks 4 the reply back

By the way..all of my burnt verbatim +R & -R 16X are acting funny not one in general all of them are acting strange as AnyDVD is running in the background it going crash central here.

You're right Slyfox shouldn't care about MY only little problem because Now it is only mine & a few others people's problem, but when it starts to grow big time is that when slyfox will act on it why??? oh I forgot they don't burn on stand alone Burner like i sometimes do, but it isn't like those burns never worked on anyDVD in the past they once did work back when it was 6.1.0.2. so if they once did work/run & now don't (crash) isn't there a legit problem to contend with here?? is there not?

Another thing to look at is this, Let say Sony or someother company decide to put out some bogus sectors like the one that are used in the Stand-alone/portable VCR/DVD Burners & in that case ANYDVD would crash when enable as soon as you put your new nicely bought DVD into your harddrive & what to do then???.

Always Remember this... As long as the copyright DVD plays well in all DVD Players & Computers that Don't Have any Ripping or back-up programs Sony & other companies like this won't even care & and that would be tragic on our part. because we did not look into this sooner.

I know you don't think this is a big problem, but if you were here to see what i been looking at this problem this needs to be nip in the butt soon... Why wait for a DVD ripping massacre when it can be avoided with a quick one 1-2-3 lookover & test run and cracking of bad sectors that are on stand-alone Burners/Portable, causing UNKNOWN Crashes to this program. ANY CRASHES to this program is worth a look-see to Slyfox. if a simple Stand-alone Burn & burner bring anydvd crashing to the ground without a vaild protection behind it is worth a very much worth a look-see.

Thanks 4 reading my long post... hope you can understand how bad this problem could be if not care for in the near future.

if a simple Stand-alone Burn & burner bring anydvd crashing to the ground without a vaild protection behind it is worth a very much worth a look-see

Wait a sec. Are you saying your standalone dvd burner/recorder is adding some kind of weird protection to your discs? That is interesting.

Mind if I ask what the make and model number is of your portable burner? What software did you use to make your VHS-->dvd backups?

By the way, I never stated your issue isn't a big deal or that Slysoft wouldn't care. I just suspect that if Anydvd is working fine on your system with commercial dvd releases, which is what Anydvd is intended to handle (and not your special authored discs containing VHS video transfers), then I'm not sure that Slysoft would have reason to care. I'm just speculating. I don't work for/represent Slysoft.

Have you scanned your discs using the program I mentioned for read errors (you can use other programs if you want)? Possibly the manner in which whatever software you've used to author these dvds has done something weird.

Last edited:
Hello, Thanks for getting back to me again.

yes, I've tried other programs like Ripit4me to scan the DVDs & nothing. Only when i disable ANYDVD from my computer will the disc & play & it plays well without a any glitchs.

Now my Portable DVD/Burner is Pansonic Vhs transfer to DVD player Vice versa & burner.
they make the Vhs format into top rated DVDs that useally run perfect on all computers that i have in my house & at work. this DVD Burner was very high in price when i bought it, which was last year. I also try other stand-alone burner with same results.

also when ANYDVD used to read them the read-back would pick-Up 8 bad sectors & A bogus title set! Now other copyright commercial DVDs Ran great with ANYDVD never a problem. just with the standalone.

the First time it screw up i actually thought it was me that crash it because on some of my New burns I will try to burn stuff without a menu & i thought that maybe ANYDVD was sreaching fro some kind of menu & then crash but that not the case anymore because the menu ones were crashing as well.

The fact that it once worked on ANYDVD has me thinking when they added the new blue-ray & HD update something was change making them unable to handle these stand-alone burns/DVDs.

This wouldn't cost the Top Commercial DVD makers who added protection to there disc to figuer this out sooner or later & wouldn't cost the companies a dime to make but would very much hinder Slyfox if they don't kinda lookinto sooner.

On my time off from work i personal try ways of making my program non-funcatable just in case if something like this does happen. But can't get around this one.. so i'm hoping slyfox can help when that a little time.

I really appreciate you reading these long post & getting back to me. I try very much to do my part.

It sounds to me that the format from the VHS to DVD program is not a standard DVD. It almost sounds like there is some program that starts when the disc is inserted. Since AnyDVD does not allow an autorun, that is stopping it from working with AnyDVD running. Can you use Explorer to view what is on the disc to see what kind of files/folders are on it and post back?

1. Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. Select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your discs are bad.

2. You could try doing this, but again, I'm not positive that Slysoft will be interested that much, and I'm not even sure you will find .ifos.

3. I also agree with mmdavis in that I doubt those discs are representative of standard dvd-videos. You may simply want to try Clonecd instead if you wish to produce backups. Again, Anydvd is intended for use with commercially released dvds (or at least dvd-videos).

Last edited:
Hello, Thanks for getting back to me again.

yes, I've tried other programs like Ripit4me to scan the DVDs & nothing. Only when i disable ANYDVD from my computer will the disc & play & it plays well without a any glitchs.

Now my Portable DVD/Burner is Pansonic Vhs transfer to DVD player Vice versa & burner.
they make the Vhs format into top rated DVDs that useally run perfect on all computers that i have in my house & at work. this DVD Burner was very high in price when i bought it, which was last year. I also try other stand-alone burner with same results.

also when ANYDVD used to read them the read-back would pick-Up 8 bad sectors & A bogus title set! Now other copyright commercial DVDs Ran great with ANYDVD never a problem. just with the standalone.

the First time it screw up i actually thought it was me that crash it because on some of my New burns I will try to burn stuff without a menu & i thought that maybe ANYDVD was sreaching fro some kind of menu & then crash but that not the case anymore because the menu ones were crashing as well.

The fact that it once worked on ANYDVD has me thinking when they added the new blue-ray & HD update something was change making them unable to handle these stand-alone burns/DVDs.

This wouldn't cost the Top Commercial DVD makers who added protection to there disc to figuer this out sooner or later & wouldn't cost the companies a dime to make but would very much hinder Slyfox if they don't kinda lookinto sooner.

On my time off from work i personal try ways of making my program non-funcatable just in case if something like this does happen. But can't get around this one.. so i'm hoping slyfox can help when that a little time.

I really appreciate you reading these long post & getting back to me. I try very much to do my part.

What is the make and model of your recorder (the one that transfers the VHS to DVD)? If it's like mine, then the resulting DVD that is created is really a DVD-VR.

In some instances, when I want the most compatability, I use DVD-Decryptor to create a Folder that has all of the files in it. Then I run FIXVTS on the files in the folder (Complete DVD Option). After that completes, I use DVDShrink to create an ISO image and burn that ISO Image to DVD using IMGBurn. The DVD that is created will then be the normal "Garden Variety" DVD; however, will not be copy protected (not that it ever was in the first place) and can be further duplicated with most utilities because all of the "Structures" were rebuilt using the "Standard" rules.

Back